Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ghost Lower

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Morpheus, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the transparent aluminum version to come out... :)

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

I want a ghost upper and lower. You could see the whole internal workings. That would be kind of cool.

4. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Thats really neat.

I shy away from polymer lowers.. But a clear one would be a great learning tool for new shooters and kids.

Ill get one, if its the same price or cheaper than a standard lower. A clear upper would be cool too..

5. drewp

drewp 503pdx Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

what could you possibly want to see in a clear lower....oh cool I can see the safety and mag release work...oh I can see the magazine catch neato_Oo_O....its a neat idea but a clear upper is where the cool stuff would be

6. ZA_Survivalist

Never played with a cutaway rifle have you? ;) seeing all the moving parts is always cool. Most dont get to see the action of the FCG anyway.

Children and those just getting into shooting often enjoy seeing (learning) what every part does.. Even the not so glorified ones :)
    A clear A2 stock and buffer tube would be cool.
    For a learning tool a lower is pretty neat.

mjbskwim likes this.
  7. drewp

drewp 503pdx Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I guess you have a point. the thing that's nice about an AK is you just pull the top cover off and you can see everything work in dry cycle. I would like to see a clear buffer tube and stock....I would really like to see an upper with all the action going on up there

8. ZA_Survivalist

Me too!
    As a fellow AK guy, I guess we have it good, our rifle can function while we get to peek inside.

Have you seen the hamsandwhich AK test? Carnikcon on youtube has one of the best AK versus AR videos.

If they come out with a clear AR, Im buying it.