JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A LOT of firearms manufactured before 1968 have serial numbers, in fact most do - they just were not required to have serial numbers, and some of the serial numbers do not meet ATF requirements for format. Actually, in my experience, it is not common to find a ''modern" pre-68 firearm without a serial number.
I have a serialized pre 20th century s&w. I can pin down manufacture to 1894-1897.

I have two Winchester bolt action .22's with no serial number both made in the 1950's are they Ghost Guns? should I have someone pray over them or something?

You either don't read the entire text or you have a comprehension problem. Your 1950's 22's were made before the 1968 Gun Control Act requiring serial numbers. I have a Winchester 30/30 made in 1931 with no numbers. No biggy.

ghost-gun-660x422.jpg

How do you fight what you cannot see?

You either don't read the entire text or you have a comprehension problem. Your 1950's 22's were made before the 1968 Gun Control Act requiring serial numbers. I have a Winchester 30/30 made in 1931 with no numbers. No biggy.

I assure you I have no problem with reading comprehension. You might bone up on what sarcasm is though. Or even what a joke might read like.

I'll stake a guess that at minimum 85%? of the guns in the U.S. are NOT accounted for.
More than that in Alaska... :D
Last I saw the estimate was 8 guns for every man, woman and child in the state. I thought that sounded low as the survey was of guns people were ok telling the government about. 8 guns was just what we had laying around OUTSIDE the safe back home...

View attachment 637409
So in this line of usual suspects...Err...Original firearms of American history...there are only 2 firearms with a serial number...
As noted in the OP many firearms , even in the cartridge gun era may not have a serial number.
Andy

Indeed. I know pre-1968 Zabala Hermanos shotguns often did not have any kind of serial number marking. They did afterward to comply with GCA68.

Are ghost guns made from all those boating accidents? I mean those guns died from drowning obviously so are they just floating around?.

Do they have to worry about Ghost Gun Busters?

I'll admit, I'd like one of these ghost guns.

busters_testfinal_zps0bc71478.jpg

More than that in Alaska... :D
Last I saw the estimate was 8 guns for every man, woman and child in the state. I thought that sounded low as the survey was of guns people were ok telling the government about. 8 guns was just what we had laying around OUTSIDE the safe back home...

Are you a resident of Alaska? How can you back that up? Please provide proof of your claim.

I have one of that era (or earlier) that does have a serial number.

I don't know what you have, but Winchester Model 1894s have had serial numbers since 1894.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top