JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't think the perp that stole the gun should be charged with murder.
Some states have statutes where, if you are involved in a crime which resulted in murder, you are also charged with murder (or something like that).
Personal opinion, both should be dropped into the wood chipper. Not like any ghost gun legislation would have prevented this.

Some states have statutes where, if you are involved in a crime which resulted in murder, you are also charged with murder (or something like that).
Personal opinion, both should be dropped into the wood chipper. Not like any ghost gun legislation would have prevented this.
I don't like it.

So, according to CNN, the gun did it. Ghost guns are the problem. This is how the MSM and Libs will spin it. :rolleyes:

Seems to me the kid is in a word of sh*t for selling/distributing the guns...
He broke Ghost Gun Rule #1, and that is that they are not for sale or giving away... to anyone... ever.

Last Edited:
A 13yo in the arms manufacturing and marketing business -- this wasn't some hobby. What's a shame is that he clearly had the drive and the skills to succeed as some sort of entrepreneur, he just needed enough guidance to avoid being a black market entrepreneur.

I gotta wonder, where was the kid getting the parts to build these "ghost guns"?
I know, I know...everything is available online, but he had to be paying for parts and having them shipped if he went that route. Or, somebody was buying the parts for him. I must be missing something...

A 13yo in the arms manufacturing and marketing business -- this wasn't some hobby. What's a shame is that he clearly had the drive and the skills to succeed as some sort of entrepreneur, he just needed enough guidance to avoid being a black market entrepreneur.
this is a sentiment that makes the rounds in our society. there are a lot of morons in prison, but there is also no shortage of literal geniuses in prison. very smart dudes with enterprising spirits, business acumen; fine entrepreneurial spirit.

but theres one word that explains the mystery: sociopathy.

I gotta wonder, where was the kid getting the parts to build these "ghost guns"?
I know, I know...everything is available online, but he had to be paying for parts and having them shipped if he went that route. Or, somebody was buying the parts for him. I must be missing something...
A paper route? Mowing lawns? Shoveling snow? It worked for me for earning money when I was 13...

In free states (of which WA is one no longer), you can just buy the parts, have 'em shipped to your door, and assemble the guns yourself. There's no paperwork, waiting periods, or BGCs whatsoever. Just need a few jigs, a drill press, a router, some bits, and some basic tools you can get at Harbor Freight...

Until I see a picture of his workshop and extra parts bin, I'm not sold on the use of this word: manufacturing.

This implies an operation...and for all we know, this was the kid's first sale. Certainly seems that way if he hadn't theft-proofed his sale tactic.

this is a sentiment that makes the rounds in our society. there are a lot of morons in prison, but there is also no shortage of literal geniuses in prison. very smart dudes with enterprising spirits, business acumen; fine entrepreneurial spirit.

but theres one word that explains the mystery: sociopathy.
Disagree. Many sociopaths are not in jail (but at the top of companies!) while many normally functioning people are in jail. Let's assume for a sec that this kid is actually quite savvy and motivated and not sociopathic. He goes to jail and is lucky to come out before he's 30. If he's still savvy and motivated, the felony will keep him from getting anything more than a minimum wage job - he's got no hope of ever owning more than a 20 year old beater car, a house, an apartment that's not a slum, supporting a family, etc. The deck is stacked against him. So, what do you think said motivated and savvy man is going to do to propel himself through life?

A paper route? Mowing lawns? Shoveling snow? It worked for me for earning money when I was 13...

In free states (of which WA is one no longer), you can just buy the parts, have 'em shipped to your door, and assemble the guns yourself. There's no paperwork, waiting periods, or BGCs whatsoever. Just need a few jigs, a drill press, a router, some bits, and some basic tools...
At $10 a yard (what I charged back then), and doing 2 yards in 45min (avg) with 15min between jobs...and doing about 6 hours of labor each weekend day (12 hours total)...that means I came out with $240 and sweat soaked shirts after a weekend. This kid probably made twice that with one sale.

This was either his first sale or one of a first few or someone was helping him get the parts. Would a gun shop sell a P80 to a kid? More than likely, kid stole mom's credit card and bought online. Did mom know about it? Did mom sanction it? Guess we'll see.

I was thinking gang help at first...but then, I'd expect him to have some help and for people to not steal from him, less there be consequences. More and more I think about it...more it seems like he was solopreneuring this endeavor. Too bad renting a shop space, getting an FFL and SOT, and a small biz loan weren't possible for him...his sister would likely still be alive.

In free states (of which WA is one no longer), you can just buy the parts, have 'em shipped to your door, and assemble the guns yourself. There's no paperwork, waiting periods, or BGCs whatsoever. Just need a few jigs, a drill press, a router, some bits, and some basic tools you can get at Harbor Freight...
I get all that, but I find it hard to believe that a 13 year old sauntered into the local gun store and walked out with gun parts. I also find it hard to believe a 13 year old was ordering and paying for parts to be shipped to his home. It may just be that I'm old and out of touch, but it would seem to me that, at the very least, his parents would have noticed something amiss.

I get all that, but I find it hard to believe that a 13 year old sauntered into the local gun store and walked out with gun parts. I also find it hard to believe a 13 year old was ordering and paying for parts to be shipped to his home. It may just be that I'm old and out of touch, but it would seem to me that, at the very least, his parents would have noticed something amiss.
I doubt that the kid bought a single part from the LGS. Probably bought everything online, as I did for my stash ooops... :oops:

And, like @Hueco postulates, he probably stole Mom's/Dad's credit card and put a few purchases on it without the 'rents noticing/paying attention.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads