JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe Boise is becoming more liberal, and places like Moscow, ID vote blue (college town) but here in North Idaho, we have local elections that don't even have a democrat candidate. There aren't that many dems up here and they know they can't win.
So what they do then is infiltrate the GOP and rot it from within. Case in point, when Bob Dole was separating from the Army at end of WW2 his career counselor/whatever they were called then asked what he wanted to do, Dole said "elected office" and was told "well, you better become an R because D's don't win here in KS."

my local pawn shop transfer place didn't even know what's going on lol I said you might wanna look into it bc all your store profits are from gun sales

How sad is that when an FFL does not know what is going on with gun laws. :(

that right there is the problem. Not certain I could give a gun store like that my business.
I'd ease back the vitriol a tad and cut them a bit of slack. Pawn shops aren't in the business of activism, they exist to make money, any way they can. Outside of a few exceptions, most aren't gun people and only have an FFL so they can take in firearms as loan collateral. Some do transfers and sell new guns because any income source is a good income source, until it isn't. They have enough city, state and federal government intrusion into their daily operations to keep them occupied that unless something is specifically brought to their attention, I wouldn't expect them to just magically know about every bit of pending gun legislation.

I'd ease back the vitriol a tad and cut them a bit of slack. Pawn shops aren't in the business of activism, they exist to make money, any way they can. Outside of a few exceptions, most aren't gun people and only have an FFL so they can take in firearms as loan collateral. Some do transfers and sell new guns because any income source is a good income source, until it isn't. They have enough city, state and federal government intrusion into their daily operations to keep them occupied that unless something is specifically brought to their attention, I wouldn't expect them to just magically know about every bit of pending gun legislation.
I know several pawn shops in Salem that absolutely will not oppose 114 legislation, or any other anti-gun legislation. There are others that will fall all over themselves to get more information and dissimenate it to their customers. You need to dig to find allies, and keep in mind that not all gun owners are our friends. The fight isn't easy. Don't just roll over and take it.

Real beer isn't 3.2 abv
They don't put the sex offenders of kids in those prison unless they aren't Mormon. I'd rather my kid go to school with ganhbangers than kid bangers 🤷🏼‍♂️ but hey that's me to each their own why we have so many
I believe Boise is becoming more liberal, and places like Moscow, ID vote blue (college town) but here in North Idaho, we have local elections that don't even have a democrat candidate. There aren't that many dems up here and they know they can't win.
CDA and post falls are getting very liberal and tons of California money is there. Where the money comes the politics follow.

So what they do then is infiltrate the GOP and rot it from within. Case in point, when Bob Dole was separating from the Army at end of WW2 his career counselor/whatever they were called then asked what he wanted to do, Dole said "elected office" and was told "well, you better become an R because D's don't win here in KS."
Facts Reagan did the same thing. He passed major gun control in California. Then he's the first President that wanted an assault weapons ban

If my desire was moving to the western state with the highest percentage of very conservative lawmakers and most likely to stay that way, Idaho in my opinion would be the choice...

Facts Reagan did the same thing. He passed major gun control in California. Then he's the first President that wanted an assault weapons ban
Yes and he also signed off on no more Machine guns going on the registry BUT, this is the kind of "excuse" MANY gun owners use to just either not vote, or actually vote for those actively hosing them. The tired old line of "they are all the same". So they sit with head in sand as it gets worse every year. At every election there is a "better choice". Sit out the election, toss their ballot in the trash and such? They voted for the one who won. These are facts too many gun owners love to ignore. :s0092:

Yes and he also signed off on no more Machine guns going on the registry BUT, this is the kind of "excuse" MANY gun owners use to just either not vote, or actually vote for those actively hosing them. The tired old line of "they are all the same". So they sit with head in sand as it gets worse every year. At every election there is a "better choice". Sit out the election, toss their ballot in the trash and such? They voted for the one who won. These are facts too many gun owners love to ignore. :s0092:
Well people voted for Donald trump and his election resulted for republicans hoisem ember losing his seat that kept all these bills from getting to the floor for a vote. He also banned bump fire stock via executive order. Classified a piece of plastic as a machine gun 😂🤷🏼‍♂️ he paved the way and blue print for what liberals are doing now. Like Reagan he was. Liberal for 50 years plus switched parties to become president. I stand by my statement that behind closed doors neither party wants us to have guns. How many billions do the conservative elite donate to help us? None but billionaire liberal elite donate billions to disarm us.

Well people voted for Donald trump and his election resulted for republicans hoisem ember losing his seat that kept all these bills from getting to the floor for a vote. He also banned bump fire stock via executive order. Classified a piece of plastic as a machine gun 😂🤷🏼‍♂️ he paved the way and blue print for what liberals are doing now. Like Reagan he was. Liberal for 50 years plus switched parties to become president. I stand by my statement that behind closed doors neither party wants us to have guns. How many billions do the conservative elite donate to help us? None but billionaire liberal elite donate billions to disarm us.
Great vote for the one the other party runs or throw your ballot in the trash and live happily ever after. :s0092:

Somewhat off topic but does anyone know if threaded barrels PERIOD will be banned? As in, a bolt action rifle with a threaded barrel is now banned too?
I don't read it that way fwiw. Bans semi auto rifles and semi auto pistols that have certain characteristics (such as will accept a muzzle brake etc). So bolt action I don't see an issue. And that's before even getting into the parts thing.

Now if a paranoid person want to be ultra paranoid and read it as "this bans any part that could be used in an AR rifle" then that is up to them. If they want to they can read it as any screw or roll pin which could possibly be used in an AR is banned. I think that would be a gross misinterpretation but I have already seen that kind of thing spouted by some.

With my mothers death 2 weeks ago I find that there is absolutely nothing holding me in Washington anymore.

Where is a good gun friendly state that I can take my tax money to that has a similar climate?

2A friendly for at least another 15 to 20 years before the creeping rot sets in.
Idaho is still taking new residents...assuming you can afford to move here.

Glad I bought my Mossberg 940 JM Pro a few weeks ago. Upon closer examination of 1240, it will now be an "assault weapon" based on it's fixed magazine with a capacity greater than seven rounds. The devil is in the details described beyond the list of prohibited firearms by name and model.

Glad I bought my Mossberg 940 JM Pro a few weeks ago. Upon closer examination of 1240, it will now be an "assault weapon" based on it's fixed magazine with a capacity greater than seven rounds. The devil is in the details described beyond the list of prohibited firearms by name and model.
Agree. One of the problems that 1240 creates is it will be impossible to buy a tactical shotgun. Buy now!

Somewhat off topic but does anyone know if threaded barrels PERIOD will be banned? As in, a bolt action rifle with a threaded barrel is now banned too?
Actually , I think that is on topic - not sure where I saw a reference to threaded barrels, CA, WA or IL ... if I run across it again, I'll let you know. Just generally I see almost any firearm component or service being attacked driven by an out of control agenda. I mean, e.g. registering ammo? WTH ! So far I haven't seen anything on handgun triggers (let me know if I am wrong) or light/laser combos, but I wouldn't put it past them, anything to deter firearm activity goes it seems because "we have to do something." If they ever get down to prohibiting gun oil or CLP maybe more people will pay attention to defending the Constitution ....

With my mothers death 2 weeks ago I find that there is absolutely nothing holding me in Washington anymore.

Where is a good gun friendly state that I can take my tax money to that has a similar climate?

2A friendly for at least another 15 to 20 years before the creeping rot sets in.
Kentucky but more humid, Arkansas but much more humid, Tennessee but again humid and more likely to go blue before the other two.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top