JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The pictures say it all, and yes, the jerky tastes great, lol.

xub0PBE.jpg

Yot0BhI.jpg

You save $.04 going with Nesco.

Remember to use Amazon Smile.

Hmm... Not sure if I want those heavy metals in my meats.

I have purpose food dehydrators that are much better and more efficient than those little roundies.

You save $.04 going with Nesco.

Remember to use Amazon Smile.
nesco has one more tray (high capacity) for all that FMJ (Flavorful Meat Jerky)

And old surplus powder to kill ant nests outside.

But you didn't hear that from me.:cool:

Aloha, Mark
I just pulled down my first components from some old as heck .44 mag. Was toying with the idea of making an explosive target to shoot with the old powder.....think a cardboard tube would compress it enough to go bang?

NO, No, no.....please, don't misunderstand.

I don't advocate/suggest the making of any homemade explosives.:s0123:

Aloha, Mark

PS.....I'm not suggesting anything here.
AND, black powder is different from smokeless powder.

Last Edited:
So speaking of brass dryers... I've been thinking about buying one. I finally switched over to SS wet tumbling using the Frankford Aresonal but I'm not quite getting the results I expected. I've tried both Dawn/Limishine and Armor All Wash and Wax/Lemishine. I've tried running a second time with fresh water. My cases come out looking amazing but after about a day or so they start to loose their shine. They don't look bad, the pockets are defiantly cleaner and it's so much faster but I just can't get the shine/polish I did with walnut and a little nu-finish wax. Now, I'm doing both, wet tumbling and polishing afterwards in walnut. My oven turns down to 170 so I've been drying after wet tumbling using that. I'm wondering if I might get better results and keep my brass from dulling if I used a brass dryer/dehydrator? Or am I just being unreasonable expecting to get the same polish level wet tumbling as I did with walnut/wax?

I use Dawn and Finish for dishwashers in my wet pin tumblers. (It's what the wife has in the cabinet) Better clean and shine then I ever got from walnut or corn cob.
My dryer is a new 4 tier food dehydrator. 45 minutes and the brass is warm and dry!
Why would you think you would get metal debris left behind in the dryer? The brass is cleaned and rinsed before it goes into the dryer.
Don't you wash the dryer shelves????

223 B&A.JPG

So speaking of brass dryers... I've been thinking about buying one. I finally switched over to SS wet tumbling using the Frankford Aresonal but I'm not quite getting the results I expected. I've tried both Dawn/Limishine and Armor All Wash and Wax/Lemishine. I've tried running a second time with fresh water. My cases come out looking amazing but after about a day or so they start to loose their shine. They don't look bad, the pockets are defiantly cleaner and it's so much faster but I just can't get the shine/polish I did with walnut and a little nu-finish wax. Now, I'm doing both, wet tumbling and polishing afterwards in walnut. My oven turns down to 170 so I've been drying after wet tumbling using that. I'm wondering if I might get better results and keep my brass from dulling if I used a brass dryer/dehydrator? Or am I just being unreasonable expecting to get the same polish level wet tumbling as I did with walnut/wax?
Maybe cut back on the lemonshine a bit. I use the Dawn/lemonshine and it stays shiny. Maybe add a wax to the second clean water tumble to seal the shine in like you do with the walnut/wax.

I've tried both more and less Lemishine but didn't noticed a difference. I've tried as little a 1/2 tsp and as much as 3tsp in the FA 7-liter tumbler. I'm not sure how the Nu-Finish wax would do in water, but I did switch from Dawn to Armor All wash and wax and it did seem to help a little. It's not that my wet tumbled brass is coming out bad, the pockets are crazy clean and it's so much faster, but it just doesn't have the shine/polish as I can get with walnut. The brass on the left was wet tumbled with Armor All/Lemishine. The brass on the right was wet tumbled but I tumbled it a second time in walnut/Nu-Finish. There is a little more difference in person than the photo shows and the brass on the left will even darken a bit more over time. Stuff I've done in walnut/wax has never lost it's shine. Years later it looks just as good. I did a lot of research before I tried wet tumbling and everything I've come across just says it's amazing. I agree the inside of the cases and the pockets are so much better but I just can't get the same polish. I haven't found anybody saying that wet tumbled brass is more dull so I figure I must be doing something wrong. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's because I'm drying in my over at 175 instead of using a brass dryer/dehydrator? I'm curious if anybody has had noticeably better outcome using a brass dryer compared to an oven at a low heat?

63678625234__322F4176-1DF7-4CAB-91BB-FD7E2B338C3D.JPG

What I've seen is that there are no absolutes, one batch will look like the first and the next might look like the second. For the record, I wet tumble with Dawn and Citric acid.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top