JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have less than a year until all the TV commercials and news stories attacking gun ownership start. No doubt the "blame the gun" people will have some initiatives for the ballot and lots of Bloomberg money pushing them. How do combat that? Get the truth heard early and often. Start now.
Know what BS arguments the anti's usually use and put the right information out there to combat it. This isn't talking to "bought" legislators, it's talking to voters who might be listening. Get on newspaper websites and correct every story bashing gun owners. NY Times, Wash Post, Yahoo, Oregonlive, Seattle Times, all of them. They are mostly free to join. We need lots of pro-2A opinions to combat the antis.
When they talk about the number of teen deaths from gun crimes, you contrast that to the number of deaths from texting and driving. Compare the 1160 deaths from mass shootings since 1966 to the 2000 murders per year done by people here illegally the gun-haters won't deport. Find rational, TRUE arguments and make them to likely voters. Include links to news stories and sites that contain true statistics. Use logic. "Would you trust your cell phone in a home invasion, or a gun?" "Will you have your 130 pound mother defend herself with a cell phone, or will you allow her to own means of self-defense?"
This is different from trying to sway legislators. They care most about voters' opinions. This is to sway those voters. Remind them that a gun is why their 130 pound mother can defend against a 230 pound attacker.

ANOTHER IDEA
Teach people who don't know much about guns to shoot. "My gun, my ammunition, my cost, wanna learn?" Use a .22 to start so they can get a quick win. "Wow, I hit that first time". Let them have success and a feeling of personal accomplishment. Then step up to a 9mm on the next outing. By then, they also understand the safety rules you taught them, and care about your opinions on why guns should remain legal.
People who understand guns are much less likely to have that visceral fear that the anti's capitalize on.

DO THESE THINGS. At some point, donating to the NRA and telling each other how we have rights isn't enough. You have to convince the likely voters. This is how. Do it now.

Every day on Facebook, I post links to original sources for three recent U.S. news stories where a citizen used a firearm to stop a crime. I don't add any commentary or opinion that might get me flagged or censored (theoretically).

Facebook may still censor the content but I'm doing what I can.

Every day on Facebook, I post links to original sources for three recent U.S. news stories where a citizen used a firearm to stop a crime. I don't add any commentary or opinion that might get me flagged or censored (theoretically).

Facebook may still censor the content but I'm doing what I can.
Where do you get those US news stories? We could post them here and use our network to spread them to a number of newspaper "replies" to anti 2A stories.

Definitely!

Recently, I've been getting stories from Firearm Owners Against Crime.

There's also
and

Again, I don't recommend sharing links to a "pro gun" site with antigunners. Instead, I follow the link to the original news outlet and then share THAT.

We have less than a year until all the TV commercials and news stories attacking gun ownership start.

We may have less than one month before Congress, including the US Senate will be voting on gun control. Looks like most likely items are:
Red Flag Laws
Universal Background Checks
Assault Weapon Ban

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/policy/guns/article233630997.html

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/08/09/mcconnell-gun-control-bills-will-be-front-and-center-in-september-session/

We need to melt their phones and email every day.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top