JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So in the past week I've been flicked off about 3 times. How do you deal with it?

All three were from people who can't merge for sh!t and I get the finger wtf....

That be the Commiefornia "GOOD MORNING" salute...Ignore and smile, gets em everytime....:D

I used to get told I was number 1 all the time.

On my morning commute there is a school. You would think at a school and posted school zone would get people to slow down to the school speed limit. Nope. I wrote the Chief in Hillsboro to ask for additional patrols. Not sure how it happened, but although the school is still there - full of children - the School zone is not. I still travel the posted speed, but I am no longer number one.

This bird?

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Don't worry about it, as others have said, those people just think you're #1.

BTW, that copies and pastes really well. I know, I stole it from someone else!

:):):)
So in the past week I've been flicked off about 3 times. How do you deal with it?

All three were from people who can't merge for sh!t and I get the finger wtf....
if it makes you feel better in Oregon bird flipping is protected by the first amendment. You could just see it as an expression of their rights.... like voting and gun ownership.

The bird doesn't bother me. If I earned it, I wave and nod mea culpa. If I didn't earn it, then it makes me laugh. I usually give them a thumbs up and a smile for that. I feel that is probably the most unsatisfying response you can give them.

This does need to be said though: If you are getting the bird because you are holding up a long stream of traffic, or cruising in the left lane instead of using it for passing only, you need to understand you are making the dangerous situation, not the 'speeders' behind you. What you are doing is illegal, even if you are going the speed limit. You are not in charge of how fast people drive on the freeway. You need to get out of the way, or if your pride wont let you do that, consider taking your own life to make the world a better place. Have a nice day!;)

There are two very good reasons for me not to respond.
1. If I'm packin' I'm not responding! An old rule with me, I don't need the hassle or police inquiries!
2. Now that I'm old I'm not responding! I can't fight a lick anymore! I don't need to have my azz kicked at all!
I've had two occasions when I threw my pistol in the trunk and met violence with better violence! LOL!!! Cant do that anymore! On one occasion I sat in the passenger seat with a .40 cal gripped in my hands while a crack head at the next gas pump ranted and raved and exposed the pistol in his pocket! It's a real good thing for both of us that he never touched his weapon. Didn't like that at all! Best to smile and nod in a friendly way and hope the idiot doesn't want to escalate things!:)

In the last week one of the guys I drive Dump truck with has had to jump a 10" diameter log that flew off a log truck coming at him at a combined speed of 110-120mph the dump truck went airborn 4 times before it finally landed.
The next day he had to fade over to the far right shoulded twice to make a third lane so some moron passing an on coming car wouldn't hit him head on.

I've had to make a third lane 3 times in the last week.

We drive 105,500LB Dump trucks and trailers loaded with 1" to 6" rock. A average car hitting one of us head on would be vaporized.

So I wouldn't worry about being flipped off a few times.

There are true morons armed with cars on the highways.

Drive a Johne Deere tractor with duals on it down the road pulling a 14 foot wide disc at 28 miles per hour with no turn outs for 5 miles and see how many people think you are number one, and don't mind yelling at you out there windows. Of course a 225 horse tractor engine running wide open makes it hard to understand the complements they are yelling at you. I think its "I love your cool tractor".

Drive a Johne Deere tractor with duals on it down the road pulling a 14 foot wide disc at 28 miles per hour with no turn outs for 5 miles and see how many people think you are number one, and don't mind yelling at you out there windows. Of course a 225 horse tractor engine running wide open makes it hard to understand the complements they are yelling at you. I think its "I love your cool tractor".
I don't think that's what they are saying, its a John Deere after all :D.

Holly gosh bat fish,
I was the boss's kid in high school,married twice,worked in construction for over 30 years,drove every conceivable route in washington and drove the 167 for a coupe years.(boeing muts)
Very little you can say that hasn't been said before or name I haven't been called.
My 1 last feeling is pretty tough.
I love flippin' the bird because so many get soooo worked up about it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top