JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Drive a Johne Deere tractor with duals on it down the road pulling a 14 foot wide disc at 28 miles per hour with no turn outs for 5 miles and see how many people think you are number one, and don't mind yelling at you out there windows. Of course a 225 horse tractor engine running wide open makes it hard to understand the complements they are yelling at you. I think its "I love your cool tractor".

So you're the one ... o_O .

Keith

So in the past week I've been flicked off about 3 times. How do you deal with it?

All three were from people who can't merge for sh!t and I get the finger wtf....

Here's how I deal with it. Every time I get flipped off I go to Hillsboro and drive around until I see the same poor schmuck I cut off last time and get him again. You should see the look on his face when I blow past him and then flip him off. So far, I've got the same guy like three times in the last week alone...

Last Edited:
When I owned a rock quarry, I would get calls complaining about our drivers. I knew the drivers so well that I knew if the complaint was going to be justified. Most weren't, since I was very careful about who I hired to drive.

When we got a complaint, SOP was to direct the call to myself or my wife. Both of us used the same procedure: Listen to the complaint. Request the time, place, truck description, traffic conditions, etc. Then we would explain that in order to follow up on the complaint, we needed the name of the person making the complaint, description of their vehicle - including license number and registered owner, contact address and phone number, and contact information for any witnesses.

Almost no one would give the "required" information, at which point we said that we were sorry, but we "cannot pursue the complaint with the driver." Of course, when the driver got back, we got their side of the story. Sometimes we took action, even when the complainer failed to give the "required" information, because the complaint was credible.

I remember one complaint about an incident that I happened to see in person. My wife took the call and called my cell thinking that I was nearby. The complaint was no where near what I witnessed! The incident was caused by the other driver being boorish and not considering the performance limitations of a large truck/trailer.

I just ignore the idiots that "salute" because anything else just encourages worse behavior.

I always try to give trucks the benefit of the doubt, and I try to give them room and let them merge and so on, because they have much more mass to move and their size makes it difficult for them to get around corners and such.

That said, in my general experience with them, their driving habits are just as bad as the general populace.

They tailgate, they lane shop, they do signal more but mostly because if they don't then nobody will let them merge, they speed, they make sudden last minute decisions (one suddenly decided he didn't want to take an exit and hit a large traffic barrel which then hit and damaged my car, which Atlas Van Lines wouldn't even take my call about - another went across the safety zone which happened to have a lot of gravel in it from snow sanding and kicked up rocks that hit my windshield and caused a crack).

And for "dump trucks", I have seen debri falling off them more often than I should.

YEAH!
My kinda' thread!

I flipped some guy off just yesterday!

This guy was an idiot!...............A BAD driver..............STUPID!

I always flip off bad or rude drivers!

Makes me feel SUPERIOR!

Cuz I NEVER make driving errors....NEVER!

Oh wait. Is this thread about flipping someone off, or being flipped off?

Uh, nevermind..................

I am a UPS driver in a big slow truck so from time to time I get the bird from people.

The other day I was delivering on Highway 240. It was garbage day, which meant that the driveways were blocked by garbage cans. Since there is no shoulder on the road, I have no choice but to turn my flashers on, stop, and get out and move the cans so that I can pull into the driveway I am delivering to. Unfortunately, this caused the person behind me to have to wait a few extra seconds so once the oncoming traffic had passed he burned rubber and flipped me the bird as he passed me. Ok, whatever. The fun part happened a few minutes later and a mile down the road when I pulled into the driveway of my next delivery..... with a package for the same guy who had flipped me off! His eyes got huge and frantic when he saw me (6-1, 260 lbs) get out of the truck. I puffed out my chest, got a mean intense look on my face, walked straight at him at a very fast pace, handed him his package...and then smiled and said "you have a nice day, sir" and walked away.

I am a UPS driver in a big slow truck so from time to time I get the bird from people.

The other day I was delivering on Highway 240. It was garbage day, which meant that the driveways were blocked by garbage cans. Since there is no shoulder on the road, I have no choice but to turn my flashers on, stop, and get out and move the cans so that I can pull into the driveway I am delivering to. Unfortunately, this caused the person behind me to have to wait a few extra seconds so once the oncoming traffic had passed he burned rubber and flipped me the bird as he passed me. Ok, whatever. The fun part happened a few minutes later and a mile down the road when I pulled into the driveway of my next delivery..... with a package for the same guy who had flipped me off! His eyes got huge and frantic when he saw me (6-1, 260 lbs) get out of the truck. I puffed out my chest, got a mean intense look on my face, walked straight at him at a very fast pace, handed him his package...and then smiled and said "you have a nice day, sir" and walked away.

Don't poop where you eat!

Here's how I deal with it. Every time I get flipped off I go to Hillsboro and drive around until I see the same poor schmuck I cut off last time and get him again. You should see the look on his face when I blow past him and then flip him off. So far, I've got the same guy like three times in the last week alone...

Some people go around begging to be murdered.

3MTA3 that gave me a chuckle, I see what you did there.:cool:

Now you know how I really handle it. I figure there could be a couple of reasons:
1) the other driver is having a bad day. I've had them too, so live and let live.
2) the other driver is a self absorbed jacka$$. the issue will be resolved better than anything I can do by Karma. Being a jacka$$ is punishment in and of itself.
3) I knowingly or unknowingly offended the other person. If I was a jacka$$ then the other driver has just indicated I need to learn and correct myself or more Karma is on its way like a freight train. If I wasn't being the jacka$$, then the other driver is letting me know I might need to be better aware of my surroundings.

In any event it isn't worth getting worked up over. Humor is your friend...

Last Edited:
Try closing roads for accidents. Sometimes I have to close roads for fatalities and such. Sometimes it's on highways, and people stop and ask for directions to get home. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who cannot drive home because one route is closed. And the words and birds I see and hear are funny, you have to just let it go. Drivers are always mad until you tell them someone died, and then they change their attitudes.

Speaking about drivers travailing in the left lane. That is one thing that bugs the crap out of me.

'Flipping the bird' is a stupid, infantile display of anger - a last act of defiance or an empty threat - I don't know which but either way accomplishes nothing.

Nope, got to disagree with that.
Many of us consider it an efficient means to convey a thought, much like sign language which it is derived from. If you are at a distance or in a moving vehicle and I want to communicate a thought to you my choices are limited.
Talking, shouting, yelling, usually do not work, looking you in the eye and displaying this universal symbol works quite well, and anger seldom plays a part in my decision to transmit a thought via the middle finger salute, I simply want the receiving party to understand my feelings, I am a sensitive man after all.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top