JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been going up Hillockburn for quite awhile now, in fact in the last month I have been up there 4+ days a week for shooting and fishing. And everytime I go up I see new piles of trash or shot out tv's, computer monitors, grill lids and shotgun hulks. Now I'm pretty sure this isn't from NWFA members, but if you see other groups of people up there shooting, maybe ask them to pick their garbage up? I've taken down 2 loads this week alone, just to clean up the shooting spots. I'm sure some of this is from the morons that party up there but some of it comes from people just being too lazy to clean their stuff up.

/rant

is it open?
a fellow at work went up there last weekend and was told by a sheriff that it was closed and that all the red spray painted signs were done by them

Last time I went up to the main pit, it was open. That was a couple months ago. It sounds like a lot of the small areas off the sides of the road are now marked.

I know the FS was doing it on Memaloose Road before the pit but that area has a shooting prohibition.

is it open?
a fellow at work went up there last weekend and was told by a sheriff that it was closed and that all the red spray painted signs were done by them

If it is still open it won't be for long if this kind of disregard for its value keeps up. Most of the lowlife knuckle dragging dumbazzes that do that sort of thing are pretty easy to spot. I've seen it again and again, and nope I've never been able to keep my mouth shut when I do. I would hope more would speak up, or follow Spaz's example of attempting to clean up after them. It's a shame that it even needs to be done in the first place.

You can try as hard as you can, but you're just not going to successfully educated the bubbas and yokels.

They can't even keep their trailers clean, you think they care about the outdoors?

I don't know what (if anything) can be done with regard to the trash problems at shooting areas. While I certainly commend the efforts of those of us who DO pick up after ourselves (and others) I believe this may actually make the situation WORSE as
the lowlife knuckle dragging dumbazzes that do that sort of thing
realize we are cleaning up after them.

Anybody have link to directions or map for this place? I know my way around up there but would rather not drive around aimlessly looking for it.
Thanks Scott
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ou...emaloose-quarry-how-get-there.html#post116085

Hillockburn road will get you here too from a different direction. From Estacada take 211, then turn on Hillockburn about 3 miles. Take the fork for NF-45 and follow it. Can't remember exactly how many miles it is from there but its not too far.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top