Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Getting real sick of this

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Spaz, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Spaz

Spaz Clackamas County Active Member

I've been going up Hillockburn for quite awhile now, in fact in the last month I have been up there 4+ days a week for shooting and fishing. And everytime I go up I see new piles of trash or shot out tv's, computer monitors, grill lids and shotgun hulks. Now I'm pretty sure this isn't from NWFA members, but if you see other groups of people up there shooting, maybe ask them to pick their garbage up? I've taken down 2 loads this week alone, just to clean up the shooting spots. I'm sure some of this is from the morons that party up there but some of it comes from people just being too lazy to clean their stuff up.

/rant

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Game cam?

3. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

Drone?

4. Spaz

I may just use magical lawn gnomes.

5. Papa Jon

Papa Jon outer N.E. Portland Member

is it open?
    a fellow at work went up there last weekend and was told by a sheriff that it was closed and that all the red spray painted signs were done by them

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Last time I went up to the main pit, it was open. That was a couple months ago. It sounds like a lot of the small areas off the sides of the road are now marked.

I know the FS was doing it on Memaloose Road before the pit but that area has a shooting prohibition.

7. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

If it is still open it won't be for long if this kind of disregard for its value keeps up. Most of the lowlife knuckle dragging dumbazzes that do that sort of thing are pretty easy to spot. I've seen it again and again, and nope I've never been able to keep my mouth shut when I do. I would hope more would speak up, or follow Spaz's example of attempting to clean up after them. It's a shame that it even needs to be done in the first place.

8. Salps

Salps Down by the river…. Well-Known Member

Anybody have link to directions or map for this place? I know my way around up there but would rather not drive around aimlessly looking for it.
    Thanks Scott

9. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

You can try as hard as you can, but you're just not going to successfully educated the bubbas and yokels.

They can't even keep their trailers clean, you think they care about the outdoors?

10. Salps

Well I plan on picking up a couple of trash cans full of crap people have left there. Hoping for a pm or email for a link before I go today or tomorrow.

11. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I don't know what (if anything) can be done with regard to the trash problems at shooting areas. While I certainly commend the efforts of those of us who DO pick up after ourselves (and others) I believe this may actually make the situation WORSE as
    realize we are cleaning up after them.

12. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ou...emaloose-quarry-how-get-there.html#post116085

Hillockburn road will get you here too from a different direction. From Estacada take 211, then turn on Hillockburn about 3 miles. Take the fork for NF-45 and follow it. Can't remember exactly how many miles it is from there but its not too far.

13. Salps

Thank you

14. Papa Jon

Papa Jon outer N.E. Portland Member

where we went was out 224 past North Fork Res. to the Memeloose bridge crossed the bridge and drove up 6.8 miles on NF45 not sure whats past there we did hear some shooting farther up the road

15. Spaz

Just got back from an overnight trip up there, low and behold SOMEONE picked up the mess that set me off. Good people.

16. Clipped

Clipped Northwest Member

I always take a garbage sack.... A little clean up from everyone will help.

17. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Thank you Clipped.