JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recall when Connecticut went through their assault weapon ban and registration. The news outlets showed the long line of people waiting to get their assault weapons signed up.

I still wonder how many of those had Molon Labe or the like stickers on their vehicles. I would have loved to wander the parking lot.

I know a lot of people don't have the stomach for it, but the only way this will stop is for a large group to stand up and say NO. We don't care what you pass, it's all for naught.
Tragic but true. Mass non-compliance is often the last peaceful response to representatives who no longer represent their constituents or uphold the law of the land.

Thread drift:

Samsung S7 (yeah, I know). Cannot completely disable G on this phone, although I have disabled *everything* Google, thus breaking my access to Google App Store & maps, etc, Google still pops up occasionally (do you want to turn ____ on?).
Adobe changed their permission requirements, claiming to need more access to my phone. It's now broken too.

Replacements:
GrapheneOS / CalyxOS
Once it's practical for me I'm going with one of the new operating systems. Meantime, there are plenty of apps I can do without if they're too nosey. The GoPro app doesn't need to know my location in order to talk to my camera. It's none of their damn business so no, I'm not installing your app. I can change settings with the camera's interface and download files with a cable. And they can go ... do whatever they like.

EDIT: For those not aware, in the example above, you cannot install the phone app without enabling location. You can bet it's one of the first data points sent back to the mothership.

Last Edited:
I've been getting ready for the assault rifle and magazine ban in Wash. for several legislative sessions. In addition to writing a lot of letters and sending emails.

Concerning the latest proposal about magazine capacity. There is a grandfather provision included, subject to being able to document when the item was purchased. It mentions that the picture must be shown to have been taken prior to the effective date of the ban. Which I take to be a date / time stamp on a digital picture. The last version of this I read also required that the owner of the magazine had to be in the picture.

Years ago, I had a Sanyo digital camera with the date / time stamp feature that was optional. Well, that got a tool dropped on the screen and broke. Then I adopted an Olympus SP-320 digital camera, nowhere in the small but thick instruction book does it mention such a feature. Nor can I dope it out on the various settings of the actual camera.

Next, I went to the two smart phones my son has given me. Both are Motorola, one newer than the other. The older one, no date / time stamp feature. Nor could I find it on the newer one ("6" ?). At this point, I sent an email to my son asking how I could call up this feature in the newer phone. He sent me back pictures of what my screens are supposed to look like and it showed the date / time stamp option under the watermark feature of the picture settings. Next, I went to my phone and brought up the settings screen. It looked just like the picture my son sent - EXCEPT - the watermark options on MY phone do not include date / time stamp feature.

Which leads me to an observation I've made numerous times in the past. When I'm trying to dope out some internet or otherwise electronics problem, the pictures shown online NEVER SEEM TO MATCH UP WITH MY PARTICULAR DEVICE OR EQUIPMENT. Even if the model number, etc. is the same.

I've heard people refer to "crappy Android phone" and I guess this is an example. But after all, my two Android phones were given to me, my son pays the monthly bill for me, so I really don't have any reason for complaint based on what I pay.

I also have an Alcatel pre-paid flip phone, this is the one I carry with me when I'm away from my place. It has a camera feature, I checked, and needless to say, this one doesn't have a date / time stamp feature either.

Next step, check into some kind of App that I can install on the Android that adds the date / time stamp feature to my images.

For documentation purposes in the future, I'm not sure how pictures taken on such and such a date will be validated as against a picture that has had a date added at a later date. Maybe there is digital information embedded in the picture that reflects this, I don't know.

Easier solution, maybe have one of my kids with a phone take the pictures with theirs and send it to my email.

A person could take a contemporary dated newspaper front page and put that in the picture. But it seems like a person could keep an old newspaper and take a picture of it at a later date any old time.

If the magazine ban law passes, is it expected that we carry around these documentary pictures whenever we have the magazine out with the gun?
I got ready for the ban...by moving to Idaho.

Yes, I ran away, but elections and letter writing campaigns weren't going anywhere for me.

I got ready for the ban...by moving to Idaho.

Yes, I ran away, but elections and letter writing campaigns weren't going anywhere for me.
People have to come up with solutions they can live with. Me, I'm not moving again. I'm too old, a major move is too traumatic. My three adult children and their families live in the area. I've gotten my ya-ya's out for many years with guns, my activity level has throttled back on its own anyway. Sorry to say, I've just resigned myself to having my rights whittled away. It's the way of the future, thinking it can be held back indefinitely is whistling past the graveyard. In my opinion. California is a good example. I lived there 35 years ago, at that time, they didn't have 75% of the laws that are on the books now. The anti-gun effort just keeps grinding away, one new law at a time. It can be held off or delayed periodically but the long term trend is always against guns. The only time we got a reversal was the federal McClure / Volkmer bill in 1986, and that was a very rare win. Bearing in mind that was way before the rash of mass shootings in the past decade or so.

All their working lives, many people dream about retirement in some ideal, unspoiled, remote location. Then they retire, which sometimes is just about the same time they start to need more medical care. Remote locations may not be the best place to be when your heart decides to stop beating, for example.

I could write for some time about one of my dad's friends, a guy named Martin. But a short version is thus. He grew up hunting and fishing in Minnesota. He'd moved to Calif. as a young man. He lived in Victorville, Calif. in the early 1940's, and by the 1960's, it was getting too built up for him. He'd vacationed several times near Fish Lake, Montana. So it got to be his dream to move there, where he could hunt and fish as much as he wanted. He told his wife he wanted to move to Fish Lake, she said, "Send me a postcard and tell me how you like it." So it was off to Fish Lake he went that Fall. He spent the Winter cold and cabin bound in the snow for months, in the Spring he was back in Victorville.

People have to come up with solutions they can live with. Me, I'm not moving again. I'm too old, a major move is too traumatic. My three adult children and their families live in the area. I've gotten my ya-ya's out for many years with guns, my activity level has throttled back on its own anyway. Sorry to say, I've just resigned myself to having my rights whittled away. It's the way of the future, thinking it can be held back indefinitely is whistling past the graveyard. In my opinion. California is a good example. I lived there 35 years ago, at that time, they didn't have 75% of the laws that are on the books now. The anti-gun effort just keeps grinding away, one new law at a time. It can be held off or delayed periodically but the long term trend is always against guns. The only time we got a reversal was the federal McClure / Volkmer bill in 1986, and that was a very rare win. Bearing in mind that was way before the rash of mass shootings in the past decade or so.

All their working lives, many people dream about retirement in some ideal, unspoiled, remote location. Then they retire, which sometimes is just about the same time they start to need more medical care. Remote locations may not be the best place to be when your heart decides to stop beating, for example.

I could write for some time about one of my dad's friends, a guy named Martin. But a short version is thus. He grew up hunting and fishing in Minnesota. He'd moved to Calif. as a young man. He lived in Victorville, Calif. in the early 1940's, and by the 1960's, it was getting too built up for him. He'd vacationed several times near Fish Lake, Montana. So it got to be his dream to move there, where he could hunt and fish as much as he wanted. He told his wife he wanted to move to Fish Lake, she said, "Send me a postcard and tell me how you like it." So it was off to Fish Lake he went that Fall. He spent the Winter cold and cabin bound in the snow for months, in the Spring he was back in Victorville.
I respect your opinion; I personally am tired of losing!

I will not register anything and I will not comply. If they make me a felon, that's perfectly fine with me. Because then I can do felon things :D
I come from a 3rd world country. I've seen what goes on when the citizens don't/can't have guns and the government and their thugs do. I've had 40 years on this planet. I've had some good times and I've had some bad times. I don't have a death wish and I want to be free. I have no desire to harm anyone but if you corner me, may the chips fall wherever they are gonna fall….. or whatever they say lol. I am not a "religious" person but I believe Jesus and Mohammad will protect me when the time comes.

I will not comply! It is my duty and obligation as a United States citizen to follow the constitution and not let evil have its way with the innocent. So if they want it, come and F-ing take it! I've seen too much to be scared….. only father can judge me.

Peace and love my brothers and sisters.

I will not register anything and I will not comply. If they make me a felon, that's perfectly fine with me. Because then I can do felon things :D
I come from a 3rd world country. I've seen what goes on when the citizens don't/can't have guns and the government and their thugs do. I've had 40 years on this planet. I've had some good times and I've had some bad times. I don't have a death wish and I want to be free. I have no desire to harm anyone but if you corner me, may the chips fall wherever they are gonna fall….. or whatever they say lol. I am not a "religious" person but I believe Jesus and Mohammad will protect me when the time comes.

I will not comply! It is my duty and obligation as a United States citizen to follow the constitution and not let evil have its way with the innocent. So if they want it, come and F-ing take it! I've seen too much to be scared….. only father can judge me.

Peace and love my brothers and sisters.
The irony is that people who truly have had it rough understand far better what it means to be an American than half of the people born here.

I'll share my plan for the Oregon ban likely to take place next year
  1. Bubblegum them I won't comply
  2. I'm taking my tax dollars to a free state that will spend them more wisely
  3. I won't help anyone help turn my new free state into New Oregon
  4. Instead I'll kick them in the nutz repeatedly until they go home to California, Massachusetts, or New York.

As I observed to my buddies, the legisvermin need to start learning to choose wisely, because once they drive a previously scrupulously law-abiding individual to take that first step down Scofflaw Road, two VERY bad things happen: first every step further down the road gets that much easier and makes the next easier still, and second it exposes just how much BS a great deal of the legal codes' Malum Prohibitum really is.

Once you drive such a person to toss authority the finger that first time... in my case it was the Individual Mandate.

As I observed to my buddies, the legisvermin need to start learning to choose wisely, because once they drive a previously scrupulously law-abiding individual to take that first step down Scofflaw Road, two VERY bad things happen: first every step further down the road gets that much easier and makes the next easier still, and second it exposes just how much BS a great deal of the legal codes' Malum Prohibitum really is.

Once you drive such a person to toss authority the finger that first time... in my case it was the Individual Mandate.
I agree completely with that sentiment, I will NOT let criminals determine my future. I will be cold when I change my mind on that.

Anybody that complies is relinquishing their 2A rights.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

WHAT PART ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING?

Anybody that complies is relinquishing their 2A rights.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

WHAT PART ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING?
And where in the entire Constitution can you find me a statement more adamant, more absolute than "shall not be infringed"? If any part of that document means anything, that particular statement means everything.

Last Edited:
I'm also an immigrant and at my embassey interview I was told that I am protected under all the rights of the constitution. Thats where I'm at, pretty basic. Thats what I go by and thats what I'll be refering to. I'm sure theres a recording of that somwhere lol

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top