JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, fellas. I lived under the California mag ban for 18 years before pulling stumps for the PNW and in all that time I know of no honest citizen getting pulled over and searched for illegal magazines.. Any busts that occurred involving magazines were always part of some larger issue such as a DUI or known felon getting pulled over and searched. There were no magazine checkpoints on the road or neighborhood sweeps--EVER! I see no reason to think it will be any different here.
So...Don't be an idiot and the cops won't even look at you.

Everyone here is overthinking themselves into a tizzy. Just go about your normal daily life and the police etc. will be content to ignore this magazine ban as much as I will. The trick to this is the same as most of life--Don't be an bubblegum and you'll be fine.

Peace
What you are ignoring is that possession in CA was grandfathered until the law Duncan challenged became effective. So, a CA LEO would have needed some evidence to conclude that any particular magazine was not a grandfathered magazine before seizing it. And, of course, there are now the freedom week magazines to contend with. Because the WA law will not make possession unlawful, there would need to be more than mere possession for a LEO to seize a large capacity magazine from a WA resident. What would be needed is evidence of importation or distribution on or after July 1, 2022, and for a charge of importation there would need to be some evidence that the magazine had not been removed from WA to show that it had been unlawfully imported. The tricky part will be with non residents because it would not be unreasonable to assume that the magazines had crossed the WA - OR or WA - ID boarder. But there would still be the issue of whether or not those magazines had been possessed by the non resident in WA prior to July 1, 2022.

Last Edited:
If your posts in this thread were a shape, it would be a circle! đź‘Ť
There's a reason they needed to be.

Incorrect. An actor employed, at any level, by a state represents that state, and by/through that representation, is the state. So, "some inexperienced patrolman" is, in fact, "the state."
He isn't the state when it comes to making law or policy, which is why his superiors can apologize and undue his actions when they disagree. Or fire him, or try him. And you can only sue the state for what was done, not why it happened. If your property is taken and you're compensated, then the state has completed its responsibility of oversight. Again, no lawsuit. (And that's without even getting into sovereign immunity.)

And I have already said, "You win." Why belabor this further?
Why post this sentence after offering yet another argument?

I carry Rx opioids, yet I don't see the need for any email or whatever as being necessary. The name on my WDL will match the name on the pill bottle label.
The label on the pill bottle is your receipt. You carry it with you, doing exactly what I'm recommending. If you carried a smaller vessel that was unlabeled, you would do well to have some other form of receipt.

Last Edited:
If you say that they were already yours and you have a WA address, I rather doubt the cop will arrest you, but just take the offending item and write up a summons to appear. The officer would be acting out of caution because if he let you go with the mags and they turned out to be illegal, he would have lost control of them. You're not a danger to anyone without them, like a drunk driver or a prior felon is.

This is the pattern with public forfeiture laws when police suspect you're transporting elicit cash.

So I doubt someone who is not belligerent, has no warrants and is acting like they have nothing to hide would be arrested and immediately charged. Confiscated and investigated - yes.
An individual could be arrested on the basis of probable cause. Whether such incidents actually occur in the future remains to be seen. Even if the case gets dismissed immediately for lack of evidence, the individual will have to spend time, money, and energy depending him- or herself.

What you are ignoring is that possession in CA was grandfathered until the law Duncan challenged became effective. So, a CA LEO would have needed some evidence to conclude that any particular magazine was not a grandfathered magazine before seizing it. And, of course, there are now the freedom week magazines to contend with. Because the WA law will not make possession unlawful, there would need to be more than mere possession for a LEO to seize a large capacity magazine from a WA resident. What would be needed is evidence of importation or distribution on or after July 1, 2022, and for a charge of importation there would need to be some evidence that the magazine had not been removed from WA to show that it had been unlawfully imported. The tricky part will be with non residents because it would not be unreasonable to assume that the magazines had crossed the WA - OR or WA - ID boarder. But there would still be the issue of whether or not those magazines had been possessed by the non resident in WA prior to July 1, 2022.
I'm not sure what your point is. That new law is still under a stay. It is yet to go into effect. The grandfathering has lasted over 20 years so far
There have been no magazine sweeps or demand to turn them all in. That "Freedom Week" not only brought in a million or more magazines. It also legalized every magazine smuggled into CA since 1/1/200 because they could never prove they weren't brought in during that window
How many magazines do you imagine will actually be turned in if this California mag ban law ever does go full retard?

What I said earlier applies to non-residents as well as residents. Don't be an idiot and you'll be fine

Tough call, it is so hard to agree with Jackboot Jay on anything. If he demanded that I kick him in the Jimmy Jay, I would have to take a second to override that impulse to not do what he says before putting the footballs through the uprights.

As of last week some online vendors were already declining sales of +10 capacity magazines to Washington residents. The law doesn't take affect until July 1st.
That's allowing for "worst case scenario" shipping delays. Palmetto and a few others have at least had the courtesy to give advance notice and countdowns about "last day to ship for WA will be ___."

Considering..........

Micro Stamping.

Yeah....NY passed it and CA has had it for awhile.

Technology will just need to catch up to the lofty ideas of the Ds. Yeah make sense? Passing LAWS......before stuff is even POSSIBLE/USEFUL on a wide scale.

The Framers of the Constitution......should have known?

Rrrrrright.....that is why we have "problems" with semi-automatic firearms? Cough, cough......

Aloha, Mark

PS......

".....shall not be infringed."

Considering..........

Micro Stamping.

Yeah....NY passed it and CA has had it for awhile.

Technology will just need to catch up to the lofty ideas of the Ds. Yeah make sense? Passing LAWS......before stuff is even POSSIBLE/USEFUL on a wide scale.

The Framers of the Constitution......should have known?

Rrrrrright.....that is why we have "problems" with semi-automatic firearms? Cough, cough......

Aloha, Mark

PS......

".....shall not be infringed."
It's not the guns I want to micro stamp, and I'm willing to start
now using my latest technology on those civil right stealers
1655661458973.png

RE : Post #833
Multi-shot/Repeaters/Semi Autos and the sarcasm.

Yes......I was aware. But for those who were not......

Now perhaps..........more people will know too.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I wanted to get Springfield Armory SA-35 when the prices became realistic. Now I won't because if one did show up for a MSRP price it would only be a 10 round magazine model with no chance of upgrading to a higher capacity magazine later. I tried to buy some 15 round magazines for months but none have been available. FJI.....

I wanted to get Springfield Armory SA-35 when the prices became realistic. Now I won't because if one did show up for a MSRP price it would only be a 10 round magazine model with no chance of upgrading to a higher capacity magazine later. I tried to buy some 15 round magazines for months but none have been available. FJI.....
The original Hi-Power mags don't fit? I've purchased several of them recently. 15 round Mecgars were out of stock not too long ago, but they came back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top