JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Spray wit pet urine odor remover, than when that doesn't work roll around in a manure pile as has been suggested. :s0140:
Just remember to video the performance and post it up as a little Christmas present for the rest of us. :s0062:

This worked on my dog when he got skunk sprayed. Try it.

Mix together:
  • 1 quart of 3-percent hydrogen peroxide (available at any pharmacy)
  • 1/4 cup baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing soap
Wearing rubber gloves, wash your dog with this solution immediately after they've been sprayed. DO NOT get the solution in their eyes. (If you don't have peroxide, baking soda, and liquid soap on hand, use vinegar diluted with water.)

Caution: Do NOT store this mixture or make it ahead of time, as the mixture could explode if left in a bottle.

Rub the mixture through their fur, but don't leave it on too long (peroxide can bleach fur). Rinse them thoroughly.
I would expect the hydrogen peroxide would work to descent skunk-sprayed dog. However, I think you should add the quart of HP to enough water so you can submerge the dog except for face. You need good contact between HP and all the stink molecules, and that isn't going go happen nearly as well if you wipe dog rather than submerging.
oil. I think the HP is the only active ingredient in the above mix. HP removes odors by destroying the molecules by oxidizing them. The baking soda in water will be mildly basic. But I don't think its an oxidizing agent. It is used both in water and dry as a deodorant. But OP already tried soaking in water with baking powder. I don't see that adding dishwashing soap would be effective either. And OP already tried soap.

I got some of that on my fingers when I was out hunting. It's the nastiest stuff I've ever smelled. But for some reason, I kept sniffing my fingers.....
I've seen people itch their butt do the same thing…
This thread is going waaaaaaaaaaaay off the rails. But it's like a train wreck - just can't stop watching... and laughing... :s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

I've seen people itch their butt do the same thing…
673ED7FA-4758-4E9A-A112-9BEF53E71FC5.jpeg

Treating the shirt with lipid-soluble solvents is working on the assumption that stinky molecule is lipid soluble, not water soluble, and has failed to be removed because, like oil or grease, it doesn't dissolve in water. However, creating a big open tub with a few gallons of flammable solvents such as isopropanol, ethanol, gasoline, Hopes #9, or keroscene and then adding a giant wick doesn't strike me as a good idea.

But actually, the purpose of soap is to solubilize lipid-soluble stuffs like oil or grease into water solutions. Soaps by definition have one end that is oil soluble and one end that is water soluble. So the oil-soluble part of a soap molecule gets friendly with the grease. And the water soluble part of the soap molecule stays friendly with the water. And the grease gets pried off the dish or clothes. But only the part of the grease that is dissolved in the grease-sollube end of the soap molecule is happy floating around in water. The rest of the grease molecule is very unhappy being surrounded by water molecules and does the best it can to separate from them. It succeeds by clever rearrangement. The result is a lot of tiny bubbles that have the grease molecules on the inside surrounded by a layer of soap molecules with their grease-soluble ends all pointed inward into the grease center of the bubble and their water-soluble ends all pointing outward into the water. And the grease is floating in these tiny bubbles in the water and can be washed away. So soaps are how we get lipid soluble stuff like oils and grease dispersed in water so we can remove them. And if op's stinky molecule is lipid soluble it should have been removed from shirt even though he used no lipid-compatible solvents because he did try soap and water.

My last sentence in first paragraph reminds me of a story about Maine folks tendency to be reticent. A tourister pulls up to a pump at a gas station in Maine and starts pumping gas, a cigarette dangling from his mouth. The owner comes up, and instead of cursing tourust or ordering him to put out the cig, he just in a calm voice comments, "Ya know, a lotta fellas wouldn't smoke while pumping gas."

Come to think of it, rural Oregonians can be pretty reticent too. A friend of mine lived on HWY 34, in the Coastal Mountains just a few miles short of Waldport. He was miles away from the closest gas station or store or intersection. There was just straight highway going East-West. Sometimes people would lose confidence on the way to Waldport, and see my friend in his yard and turn off, drive down the long driveway and stop and shout at my friend, "Hey buddy! Which way is the ocean?" My friend would look up and down the highway in both directions, as if considering, then respond with "Which one?"

Last Edited:
This post got a lot more responses then I expected.... and some of you are real jokesters. Makes for a good laugh.

I'll try a couple of the tips and report back on how it goes. I'm going to be a real alchemist by the time this is all done.

My wife and I were leaving the gas station and as we were waiting to pull out at the next clear opportunity we saw a kid of about 10 and a man walking on the side walk. The kid kept reaching into his crack, inside the pants, giving it a full hearty scratch and then pull his hand back out and sniff it. It must have been good because he went back and did it two more times before he left it alone. We were dying of laughter and mortified at the same time.

About the only other time I've seen something similar to that was about 10 years ago when my cousin and some other family and I were on a trip to DC. We were standing at the Lincoln monument with hundreds of people all around us and my cousin said to me, "we've been walking for hours, my butt itches like crazy." I laughed and we kept walking and after a few more minute he said, "I don't care anymore, I'm going for it, I'm never going to see any of these people ever again anyway." And he gave it a thorough scratch with no reservations. I laughed so hard, seeing him blatantly with no regard to anyone around adjust things back there. He said it was the best butt scratch he'd ever had. Haha…

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top