JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This past weekend the wife & I took our IDAHO ENHANCED Class at CENTER TARGET SPORTS in CdA. Great class! The instructor ( owner Ed Santos) was awesome. Anyhow, he mentioned that OR offers a Non Resident CCW permit.

Anyone have experience with this? I know that some Sheriffs are better than others; any recommendations?

Learn me

I live in WA and have an OR non-resident CHL. Since I had Military & prior LEO in my background that covered my training component. I got it through Columbia County w/ Sheriff Jeff Dickerson. The only caveat is you must live in a state that borders OR. Others may chime in with their details...these are mine.

This past weekend the wife & I took our IDAHO ENHANCED Class at CENTER TARGET SPORTS in CdA. Great class! The instructor ( owner Ed Santos) was awesome. Anyhow, he mentioned that OR offers a Non Resident CCW permit.

Anyone have experience with this? I know that some Sheriffs are better than others; any recommendations?

Learn me
Oregon is a

Yes there really are. My Daughter lived in Vancouver, and drove to Portland to help me with N.RA. basic pistol class in Portland, which satisfies the Oregon requirement for Chl. She was refused by the Multnomah County Sheriff for no reason at all. Even though she taught the class with me. Makes no sensense at all.

I got my non resident in Vale, at the Malheur County Sherriff's office. I don't recall if they even questioned why I wanted it. Super easy, walked in, stood against a door she took my photo and my money and I was on my way. Took me way longer to drive there, I was in and out in five minutes max. Turned out my CHL had expired for Oregon a month before, ooops.
See if you can make appointments online, that's how Malheur did it. Umatilla might be a bit closer for you.

I got my non resident in Vale, at the Malheur County Sherriff's office. I don't recall if they even questioned why I wanted it. Super easy, walked in, stood against a door she took my photo and my money and I was on my way. Took me way longer to drive there, I was in and out in five minutes max. .

^^^^^
What he said.....

When filling out my non-resident paperwork I believe one of the questions asks why you would like an Oregon permit.

I have family in Oregon, and do a lot of camping in Oregon. (hint hint) I was approved with no problems.

A "friend" of a friend (actually my buddies brother-in-law) answered that question "because I want one and it is my right". Needless to say, he was DENIED.

Shouldn't be an issue if you did the Oregon "training" portion along with your Utah training.

Applied 3/13 as out of state resident. Live in Clark county. Took an online firearm safety course and that was enough for them to approve. Got my CHL in the mail today. Now I comfortably continue to carry in Oregon ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top