JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,
So the other day I sighted my AR without my glasses. I would love to say it was a positive eye opening moment, but it was not. I never needed glasses until my mid 30's and am a little concerned. If I have a home intruder while sleeping and use either my bedside handgun or shotgun I am concerned I will struggle with target acquisition and identification. Is a laser sight in my future? What is your experience, and what advice would you give?
Thank you.

Lasers and red-dots won't help you identify friend from foe. If positive identity is required because of others living in the same house, get a good weapon mounted light.

As for aiming, most in-home engagements are well under 20'..... Just point that sucker center mass and don't stop shooting until the threat has stopped.

White lights - on each defensive arm plus hand held. Red dot sights are easier to use than lasers as well, and most pistols can be modified to accept one. Trijicon RMR or Leupold Delta Point would be my two top choices on a pistol. Lots of options for rifle optics but Aimpoint, Vortex, and Redfield make good optics and in those 3 you can find one to fit most any budget.

IDing a target requires seeing it clearly hence white light. A handheld light lets you check things with less risk of killing someone you don't want to kill. The handheld can ways be dropped in case you need to engage with both hands. Dot sights are easier to learn and use than lasers, esp on long guns.

A white light to let my sleepy eyes see who/what is in front of me, and a Crimson Trace Laser just in case I'm in a bad position (like flat on my back).

Not saying I don't use iron sights, but I will take all the help I can get.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads