JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first thread, where it all started. Meeting in person with Deadeye and gleaning his age old wisdom, simplicity and no nonsense way of doing things was invaluable to a new reloader.

Looking back over the threads...

My my my, what 4 years will do to your budget. I should have stuck with simple.

I'm doomed, everything multiplied:
Reloading bench pics
and then how it is today:
Reloading bench pics

Maybe I should have never started????

Last Edited:
My first thread, where it all started. Meeting in person with Deadeye and gleaning his age old wisdom, simplicity and no nonsense way of doing things was invaluable to a new reloader.

Looking back over the threads...

My my my, what 4 years will do to your budget. I should have stuck with simple.

I'm doomed, everything multiplied:
Reloading bench pics
and then how it is today:
Reloading bench pics

Maybe I should have never started????
I'm sure I warned you..........well pretty sure.:D

I don't even want to count how much has gone into equipment, never mind how much powder I've burned up. Lately I've been getting the nicer stuff too, I got a charge Master recently, and I've been acquiring benchrest seating dies for a few cartridges.

It's all worth it though, I started so I could shoot more for less, now I enjoy the loading, testing, and experimenting just as much as the shooting. And I shoot several calibers I would never be able to afford without loading it myself.

I've found that I load more in the fall and winter months. I'm looking forward to spending some time at the bench soon. Got couple 6.5CM's and a .357Sig to do load development on.

o_Oo_O
@Dyjital , I think you've become a great resource on reloading here on NWFA. Glad you did start.
Are you regretting stepping into the rabbit hole, or is there some other, hidden message in your post?

Regretting? Nah. I've been a great resource to friends as well.

No hidden messages, just a nostalgic trip.

Damn man! Another thread reincarnation. I didn't realize it until the dude referenced everyone hoarding/scalping in post 6. :s0114:

Mighty impressive bench you've worked up in a little over four years. Funny, you mentioning "BUDGET Setup" in your first post.

Reloading your own ammo can be habit forming and the process itself can be, too!
I still have the original set of tools I bought as a Lyman package way back when, minus the scale I sold when I acquired a nicer one. I've been lucky enough that my family has supported my habits with things like a RL550B, a nice Dillon tumbler and assorted dies given for birthdays and Christmas. I'm not sure I would have bought all of this stuff just because of the $$ involved that could be used for components. Whoever said you do it to save money is lying to their wife! Ok, I didn't realize I was lying at the time...

It is satisfying using your own ammo to shoot holes in things and maybe even more so to harvest an animal.

I love making my own ammo.

I can so relate to wanting more bench space... My son married and moved out....I started eyeballing his old bedroom for a reloading room when the wife informed me that reloading equipment would not be allowed in the grandkids new play room :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top