JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yup, might as well. Many, many acres of area around my old stomping grounds that I KNOW there are dogs. Lots of fields, tree farms and rabbits.

Years ago I bought a call (a cheap one) and after going out Friday night and Thursday night I realized my call sucks. Volume and remote range.

Ordered a ICOTec GC500 and a Mojo Super. With 300yd range on the ICOtec and the ability to control the Mojo from the call I should have more fun than a pos call and crappy remote range. In the garbage it goes... Of course after I scavenge the new batteries.

Looking forward to some fun there. Even if it's my excuse to get out of the house and spend a morning or all day out and about in the woods. I'm ready... Or as ready as I'll ever be.

Went out this last evening with my dad. My aunt has had an issue on her property and had a coyote almost eat her dog. She screamed and it froze. That's main priority #1 to get the ones that are close to her house.

Reading up on calls and what's best per season so it will be interesting to see what they respond to. I know where I'll be going there will be no hunting pressure so they should be relaxed.

My Henry .357 needs some blood.....
Photo from the other evening:
image.jpg

So I've ran into a situation....

I've been calling at a farm. I've been alternating days (5-7 between calls).

Every time I call during the evening I see nothing. BUT------> they show up that night. They appear to only come out at night.

I don't have the means to go after them at night right now.

Any suggestions?

Setup;
Mojo Decoy
ICOtec GC500

Every time I call during the evening I see nothing. BUT------> they show up that night. They appear to only come out at night.

Any suggestions?

Setup;
Mojo Decoy
ICOtec GC500
Dyjital,,,,, Right now it can be tough to get a response out of them Dogs They will be having there young for long so they can be a might spooky this time of the year. I trap a lot of Yotes every year and this is what I have learned. Just wait a few months till the young are up and at it,, and then your fun will start. Hope this will help you out.

Thanks Dan, that would explain a lot.

I know they are held up by the pups and I've tried some distressed pup calls to see about a response.

Guess it's just a hard time right now to bring in a skittish dog.

Most guys just leave them alone till fall, unless your doing eradication work then get close to the den and do challenge howls.

Most guys just leave them alone till fall, unless your doing eradication work then get close to the den and do challenge howls.

Been harassing livestock so that's the reason. :-/

Any suggestions?

Setup;
Mojo Decoy
ICOtec GC500
--
-
shoot those dogs all year round & Don't give them a break . for example. I have bagged 6 in the last 2 weeks . I use calls and sometimes I use no calls . no brag just fact, I am the Coyote Whisperer ... ; )
The Coyotes population running in the NW valleys is grossly underestimated by the majority . I never leave them rest anytime of the year . I have hunted them for many years here in the NW valleys, with logging several hundred hours mostly at night the past several years .

Your figuring out now that Coyotes run the night . You can hunt them during the daylight hours but Coyotes rule there running and hunting routes in the Nighttime, that is there time, and they know it .
'most' Humans don't belong in the night and they don't hunt at night . 'most' Coyotes run there opportunistic eating habits in the Dark . With Only the young and stupid Dogs get caught with a bullet mousing or crossing in the open fields in daylight hours .

Once you go Nighttime, you will not be going back to the Day . Night hunting is and takes a different energy , It takes repetitious practice with learning lots of tricks and is not for everybody as a lot of people find-out after investing $$$ in NV, IR supplements & calls .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top