JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd start here Shooting Sports | Kittitas County | Washington State University

But due to Covid you are unlikely to be going to any matches anytime soon. It's also unlikely there will be any competitive anything for sometime.

let's see...

Outdoors? Check.
Can maintain social distance? Check.
Can wear a mask while doing it? Check.
Don't have to share anything? Check.

Of all the stupid crap to be banned, I figured sex in the woods prs wouldn't be one of them.

Looking to get into precision rifle shooting competitions in wa state. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start or any matches coming up that allows spectators?
Thanks
My range is running matches monthly, and has been for some time. We also allow spectators.

Monthly matches (formerly on weekends, now on Tuesdays since we re-opened after COVID - IDK why we switched days):

100-yard Small Bore Mini Palma
200/300-yard Slow Fire
600-yard Service Rifle

The 1,000-yard matches are a little fewer and farther between, but we still run them. They are always on weekends.
Looks like we had our last one earlier this year (March 22), and I don't see another one on the calendar for 2020.

See the green color-coded events in the calendar below:
TCSA/RMSF

Last Edited:
My range is running matches monthly, and has been for some time. We also allow spectators.

Monthly matches (formerly on weekends, now on Tuesdays since we re-opened after COVID - IDK why we switched days):

100-yard Small Bore Mini Palma
200/300-yard Slow Fire
600-yard Service Rifle

The 1,000-yard matches are a little fewer and farther between, but we still run them. They are always on weekends.
Looks like we had our last one earlier this year (March 22), and I don't see another one on the calendar for 2020.

See the green color-coded events in the calendar below:
TCSA/RMSF

I wish I lived closer, looks like an awesome range.

You *do* know that there's a road that goes all the way from Kent to Benton City, right? ;)

You *do* know that there's a road that goes all the way from Kent to Benton City, right? ;)

Its a long and windy one through the woods and over the river. Id love to come over and shoot 450 yds, but really want to go further. PM me the details on how I can shoot on the 1k yd range?

Join a range. Check out Sniper's Hide or AccurateShooter.com forums. Expect to travel a lot for matches.

Looking to get into precision rifle shooting competitions in wa state. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start or any matches coming up that allows spectators?
Thanks
They do long range matches out by Tonasket.
Someone here participates.
Check the threads for long range shooting matches.

Dean

Got into BPCR matches when I lived in Arizona and loved them. Moved up here and none within a reasonable distance. Got into GSSF matches and loved them. Then I changed my work schedule to every weekend, so no more GSSF matches for me for the past two years. I miss them dearly.

Matches are where the same grouchy gun enthusiasts on the internet gather and are actually polite and respectful towards each other. Lots of friendly advice and swapping war stories. I love BSing with and meeting other gun enthusiasts. Mostly great people and a good time, no matter how bad I shoot.

I would encourage anyone with an interest (and free weekends) to get involved in the shooting sports.

BPCR sounds like tremendous fun.
It was! Shooting 500+ grain projectiles at 1000 yards was quite the experience. I did mostly the silhouette matches shooting at animal-shaped steel plates at various distances using an Uberti Winchester 1885 high wall in .45-70 govt. I had to borrow my dad's Sharps rifle in .45-90 to compete in the 1000 yard matches.

cxHpPdQTTpaZ-ufoAEhlKQ.jpeg

KFbqF9jLQKSsk79Sz63F_w.jpeg

lwVdMrzURS-D6hPWv42niA (1).jpeg

0eABXQCmQ6y1N_-3wo1R-g.jpeg

Thanks
I know this thread is old, but I just came across it randomly browsing. I'm curious if you ever found what you were looking for? The facebook group(s) are a good resource but if you don't have communistbook I could help you out too. PRS is my game and I love to shoot comps. Unfortunately for you most of the matches are held over here on the east side of the state.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top