JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes but this picture is a few months old.
My friend in the house was dying. I stayed with her for a few days until her time came.
The stress and sadness of the whole event made me fall back into a bad habit for a couple of months.

I have not chewed since Sept 15th.

Last Edited:
Oh yeah...forgot to mention this part about the working out.
If you're going to lift weights...make sure you're circuit training. Regular weight lifting doesn't help with losing. It just makes the muscles under the fat bigger which in turns just makes you look bloated. Circuit training helps get you into a fat burning zone where you develop some muscle and burn fat at the same time. Running sprints is a great way to burn calories. You have to continue confusing your body and maintain a healthy heart rate in the fat burning zone. Regular jogging will achieve the same results but it just takes longer.

If anyone is interested i'll share my plan and what i did on a daily basis to drop weight.

I watched an episode on Nova and it was all about every type of physical training and it came down to the best cardio workout was three sets of one minute of intense pedaling as hard as you could on an upright stationary bike three times a week.
The host wore a monitor while trying out dozens of different workouts and the mad minute bike pedaling won hands down.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...98.php&usg=AFQjCNHsolfreGrM0gt-KJ5PON7oqGdaKA

Having had lofty goals of going into professional body building (before I learned the hard way that there is no competing with guys on horse steroids) as a young man I can attest to the fact that the same regimen will not get the same results for the same people, lots of people have different metabolisms and react differently to different caloric diets.

In a nut shell though, I agree with Medic; there is no substitution for exercise (for you), healthy food (for you) and lots of rest in-between workouts.

Easy way to start off? Empty your pantry and adopt a paleo approach... Skip breakfast via intermittent fasting, eat all your meals in the afternoon to evening (i do noon till 8) and only eat fruits nuts veggies and meats. Simple as that. It'll take a few weeks for you to adjust from a more processed foods and high carb based diet that most Americans consume but you will love the higher fat approach it keeps you full longer. By fasting every morning you force your body to pull from stored fat. Most people actually are mentally sharper and more focused when they fast the first part of their day.

An average day for me is...

Cappuccino with real whole milk (raw from cow) for breakfast

Smoothie for lunch with protein mix, berries, spinach, and coconut oil for healthy fats

Half a cup of assorted nuts and dried fruit mid afternoon.

5 to 6 oz of either fish, beef, pork, or chicken with handfuls of veggies sauteed for dinner.

Another meal mimicking the dinner meal at about 8pm and that's it.

No junk food, no processed food, no extra sugars etc. You will watch the pounds come off and equally importantly you will feel healthier your digestive system will heal and improve and you'll have more energy.

Not sure if this has evolved in to a general "how to get healthy" thread or not. I know HOW to lose weight and be healthy. I was looking for someone to PT with to keep me consistent and honest. If it's directed at me I appreciate all the advice, but like I said, knowing how to lose weight is not the trick, it's actually doing it and being held accountable.

Jogging sucks. Its the fastest way to emasculate a male. Unless you're a marathon runner , there is no point.
Throw on a heavy ruck and trek a couple miles instead.
Now, sprints are effective fat burners and build fast twitch fiber and solid muscle.
4 Minutes of push ups a day. Get as many as you can. Improve as needed.
Chin ups. each set to max reps or you fall off the bar.
Dead lifts.
You should be lifting hard enough and fast enough to get your heart pounding , and that is effective "cardio".
But jogging is stupid.

This is exactly how to do it. Running miles are useless, short sprints are the best. Heavy weights good, make you strong like bull.

If running sucks so bad, why does the military rely so heavy on it? I get that it's hard on your joints but every year, getting into shape for backpacking season I focus on cardio, with supplemental strength training while my friends focus on mostly lifting and I am usually an hour or so up the trail from them.

But like some others have said, if you can get your heart rate up into the fat bunting range, and keep it there for 30 minutes or so, it will translate into real world results, however you choose to do it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top