JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, so I'm looking for someone in the Tanasborne area, preferably a veteran, to PT with on a hopefully daily basis. Packed on a lot of weight in the 8 years since I've been out and I want to cut that down quite a bit. Let me know if you live nearby and maybe we can set something up.

Don't let a lack of responses discourage you....:D

I can offer this tough-love from afar....

Cut wheat (gluten), dairy (except butter), soda, coffee, red legumes, tobaco, pork, alcohol, all but grass-fed meat, and as much sugar out of your diet as possible.

Some call it a Paleo diet.

I've been through many diets and always lost weight...as long as I stayed off the beer. Seems modern beer is loaded with corn based high fructose sweetener and that stuff is deadly:(
After you pass 40 weight lose becomes more difficult but the Paleo diet, w/brief exercise in a 24 hour cycle seems to work for men. Unfortunately my back will no longer support sustained exercise and my diets have become a joke....

ITT

Q: Hi anyone in the area want to PT?

A: Eat gluten free paleo broscience diet.
This is made me laugh my bubblegum off. While I appreciate everyone's posts, I certainly know how to PT (my best 3 mile, 10 years and 80 lbs ago, was 17:27) and know how to diet. Sticking with them is another matter and why I want someone to partner up with.

What's your schedule like Norm? what days / times would you be looking to run? I need to get back on it again, I've gained a good amount since I got out as well and quitting chewing is proving very hard and counteractive to losing weight. I'm in the Aloha area.

Don't let a lack of responses discourage you....:D

I can offer this tough-love from afar....

Cut wheat (gluten), dairy (except butter), soda, coffee, red legumes, tobaco, pork, alcohol, all but grass-fed meat, and as much sugar out of your diet as possible.

Some call it a Paleo diet.
That diet works...I've dropped about 25 pounds in 3 month doing that plus regular exercise.

This is made me laugh my bubblegum off. While I appreciate everyone's posts, I certainly know how to PT (my best 3 mile, 10 years and 80 lbs ago, was 17:27) and know how to diet. Sticking with them is another matter and why I want someone to partner up with.
Get yourself a FitBit and also download the LoseIt! App for your smartphone. They work together and makes sticking to the diet way easier.

Probably a good thread to keep going. I've put on a lot of weight over the years, was farily svelt 10 years ago, but moving from a physical job to an office job and having an injury or two along the way breaking me away from my regular exercise routine have taken their toll. I need to find that spark of encouragement to try and turn it around again, just having trouble doing it with the current schedule (typical excuse, right?).

Anyway, Norm, good luck in your search for a training partner. I've always heard people are more likely to stick with an exercise regimen if they work out with someone else.

Last Edited:
I've been through many diets and always lost weight...as long as I stayed off the beer. Seems modern beer is loaded with corn based high fructose sweetener and that stuff is deadly:(
After you pass 40 weight lose becomes more difficult but the Paleo diet, w/brief exercise in a 24 hour cycle seems to work for men. Unfortunately my back will no longer support sustained exercise and my diets have become a joke....

Same here with the bad back, I have found that a lot of stretching helps to some degree & lessens the dependency on pain meds.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top