JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can your desk be moved to a different location so you don't have to wear a mask while you are there? Camper trailer in the parking lot maybe? How about a small office on the shop floor? Blow air through a fan-powered HEPA filter from the shop into your office, let it squeak out under the door - sit at your desk with no mask. Something like this - lots on the internet, or build it yourself over the weekend: (Check codes - don't build a fire hazard!)

Is your face shield curved? Would a face shield with a flat section in front help? Does such a thing exist? If not, invent one, patent it, and get rich. ;)

Is there some kind of job you can do at home doing some other kind of work?

As others have said, go to the doctor and see if they can help, use some vacation, and go to the dentist or your teeth are going to rot out, perhaps causing you other, more serious, health issues - like heart problems!

Will you be OK if everyone is eventually vaccinated and masks are no longer required? If not, may need to find other work.

Do you design machine parts or something? Using CAD? If so, could some of your work be done at home?

Big Mac's are high on the hog eatin'. Burger King hamburgers/cheeseburgers are only $1.19 last I checked. I quit buying them when the price went up from $1. :D

I've even asked for a fold up table and an extension cord to go work outside and was denied. I was told we are required to wear a face diaper or space shield no matter if we are in a room by ourselves or not. I couldn't wade through the osha website to confirm or disprove.

I was denied my little mask thingy made of plastic that covered like a short shield because it had to cover the entire face for head to chin. I run out of oxygen and start getting a migraine quickly with the face diaper over the nose. Not sure what's up with that but at the beginning signs of hypoxia I say hell.woth it. Shields are a no go too. My astigmatism screws me up on that. The glares and reflections make my eyes sore and give me a migraine. Think of it as if you can't see close and forgot your glasses then have to read tiny print on a computer screen all day. It's a blast!

My choices seem to be don't breath or be blind.

My last dentist trip was just before commie kate went full dictator due to a cracked tooth. My only crown is now a fancy cap! Spent most of my young life with floride in the water which helps a ton. Insurance didn't really help on that one. Freaking potsticker of all things! I probably clamp my jaw when I sleep. Been trying to work on that during the day.

Well, the "vaccine" isn't going to help anyone but I will recover over a few weeks without masks. I only wear one at work due to their rules. Seems to be easiest way to be productive though I'm finding it's got consequences. Like the fires when I was running around with HEPA filters in my car and house and a P100 on my face if I had to go outside I recovered in about 2-3 weeks to normal. Not my first rodeo, just the first one I can't escape from to recover.

Id say about 20-25% of what I do can be done from home. I personally have all the CAD software plus some as work is way behind on drawing packages. We finally got CAD a couple years ago. Yay! I do everything from design work, machining, direct production support, equipment maintainence, etc. During the fires my department was helping maintenance keep up on filter changes for the HVAC. I've been known to run production too. Today was a software day. Tomorrow may be an "everything is broken!!!" day. The variety is awesome.

If I can't eat for what I have in my ash tray, ~$0.09 right now, it's too much! Fast food has gotten crazy expensive! Northern fast food sucks too. The food is about the only thing I miss from the south.

OR, build a frame around your desk with a plexiglass top (so you get light inside). Install a fan powered HEPA filter in the top, and have strip curtains for sides. You sit inside with no mask. Everyone else is jealous. :cool:
(Check codes - don't build a fire hazard!)

Fan powered HEPA filter:

I've thrown a similar idea around. Was shot down.

I've gotten to ride with them a couple times. I'd like to do more. I'd spend on average 6hrs a day on the road to go do an event. Would be much more worth it if I knew someone that ride too.

I used to ride with SactoPITS of the Cali bay area. Rode nationals at Dinner Ski Ranch something like 2007 or 2008.

I really miss the sport. My bike needs TLC and a top end rebuild. It's lost a lot of torque. Or I've gotten fat.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top