JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alerts > alert prefs (bottom) and then uncheck the mentions/quotes you part in each section.
these are for alerts, not email notifications.
I'll give it a try in case Im wrong but something has changed I used to never get separate emails notifying me that somebody quoted my comment and Ive never made any changes to my settings.

maybe this setting? Worth a try...

Capture.JPG

Life has been relegated to box checking.
Everyone advocates thinking out side the box, but just try getting anything done without checking a box:confused:
Children are taught they are unique individuals, and stereotyping people is unkindly, in some cases, illegal,
then are made to check boxes which stereotype them into groups:confused:
Boxes should be illegal!:p

Life has been relegated to box checking.
Everyone advocates thinking out side the box, but just try getting anything done without checking a box:confused:
Children are taught they are unique individuals, and stereotyping people is unkindly, in some cases, illegal,
then are made to check boxes which stereotype them into groups:confused:
Boxes should be illegal!:p

Just think of checking those boxes as drawing little self-portraits of yourself.... each one can show a different mood. ;)

I thought I had it figured out, but yesterday I found that the emails were going to an account I haven't checked in a few months; over 700 notices!! I don't mind receiving the Alerts on NWFA, but don't need an email every time. I unchecked all of the "and receive email notification" boxes under "Preferences", but they keep coming. Does anyone have a way to shut off the Alerts email stream but keep the Alerts on the site??

I thought I had it figured out, but yesterday I found that the emails were going to an account I haven't checked in a few months; over 700 notices!! I don't mind receiving the Alerts on NWFA, but don't need an email every time. I unchecked all of the "and receive email notification" boxes under "Preferences", but they keep coming. Does anyone have a way to shut off the Alerts email stream but keep the Alerts on the site??

There are a couple different ways to do it. I can't remember how I did it but I did. :D I am sure @Joe Link can walk you through it better than I can. I do know that it took me a while to get the emails to stop coming in. If it is a old thread that you have been receiving emails for then the emails will keep coming. When you get them go to the top and click un watch thread and then click watch thread right after but with no notifications.

Wow, 700 huh? I bet it took a good long time to get caught up?

:s0140:

Sorry, don't think I can help, other than check "Contact Details" under your name?

The only way I know how to do it is to unsubscribe to each thread, and then resubscribe making sute that email notifications is unchecked. IMO that should be the default when you reply to a thread.

EDIT: @SKrueger beat me to it.

@Lilhigbee Try changing your email, save then switch it back after saving.
As an extra step you could change, save log out, come back login and change it back.
Then those settings should stay put.
Sometimes checking a item, saving and then unchecking and saving.

Those are my ideas.

Thanks guys!! Yes it looks like they are all from Watched Threads from before I unchecked all of the boxes. I'll try Unwatching them and then rewatching and see if that does it. For instance, this thread is not sending emails, but it is posting Alerts.

Revelation!! If you go to All Watched Threads and look to the right there is a Managed Watched Threads pull-down menu. In the menu is a Disable Email Notification. I clicked that, let's see if it works.
Edited to add; Forgot the clicking of the boxes next to the threads first.:(:( Try again.
Thanks @Joe Link
Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 9.05.18 AM.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews