JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know if it's been posted here, but I've seen it before. It's a fascinating read, and the only place I've seen that much detailed info about the raid. Highly recommend.

I found this much more believable. It came out a day after the event and rings true to me, unlike this piece that spins 'Bama into a real commander and chief. The New Yorker article does fill in a lot of the operation stuff and I appreciate it for that.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

And this: <broken link removed>
Very intriguing

I call BS on both of these articles. First, NOBODY over rules the President except maybe the SCOTUS. Great way for Panetta to get canned. Second, what is this baloney bovine scat about Clinton anonymously leaking info that the president wouldn't act? Really???? The best kept secret in the world and Clinton leaked stuff to the media to get Obama to act? Puhleeeeze. Absurd idiocy is an understatement on this one. Third, it was a very very tough decision to make and I'm not even talking politics here. Nobody would want an Eagle Claw part 2. From a political perspective bombing and having collateral civilian casualties damage to Pakistani's would've totally ended what little cooperation Pakistan was giving us. It's one thing for them to be embarrassed over what eventually happened but a whole other animal to have civilian blood on our hands that deep into Pakistan. Plus, do you think any OBL DNA would've survived a 2000 lb JDAM hit? The fact that he went back and forth and took time to weigh all the options was far more than his predecessor did when we were within a 1000 yards of him in Tora Bora.

These two articles are nothing more than right wing spin, conjecture, and conspiracy theory on something that worked out very well in the end.

I call BS on both of these articles.

These two articles are nothing more than right wing spin, conjecture, and conspiracy theory on something that worked out very well in the end.

Yeah, welcome to Northwest Firearms, where we are comparing a well written piece in one of the most credible and fact checked magazines in the world to an anonymous article on some nut jobs blog.

Pamela Geller (the promoter of that anonymous piece) also happens to be a racist crackpot who has posted so much BS on her blog I'm amazed anyone still reads it for anything except entertainment value. Still, nobody ever went broke underestimating the IQ of the American public.

Yeah, welcome to Northwest Firearms, where we are comparing a well written piece in one of the most credible and fact checked magazines in the world to an anonymous article on some nut jobs blog.

Pamela Geller (the promoter of that anonymous piece) also happens to be a racist crackpot who has posted so much BS on her blog I'm amazed anyone still reads it for anything except entertainment value. Still, nobody ever went broke underestimating the IQ of the American public.

By posting four innocuous words, and they were as follows,, "And this, very intriguing". Just those four words, and you were able to ascertain all that? It's amazing how perceptive some people are. Here's the reality check, you bit.

Dang ya'll I didn't know all of us here at NWF were all so underestimated?? What an ignorant remark. Hey 8ball, guess what? You fit right in!

If only I was underestimated as Mencken.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)

By posting four innocuous words, and they were as follows,, "And this, very intriguing". Just those four words, and you were able to ascertain all that? It's amazing how perceptive some people are. Here's the reality check, you bit.

Actually, I was referring to the Geller article above your post - which the poster said was 'more believable' than the New Yorker, and 'rings true', despite being an anonymous hit piece written by a crackpot.

You are on NWFA too. ;)

I found this much more believable. It came out a day after the event and rings true to me, unlike this piece that spins 'Bama into a real commander and chief. The New Yorker article does fill in a lot of the operation stuff and I appreciate it for that.

<broken link removed>

Not sayin' it aint so,just that the interwebben makes it easy to form 1000's of stories of 'what was leaked' or heard.
I would guess that any president would want this position.And this position is the best one to be in for anybody.
"Golly,I wasn't aware of this" or "I told them not to" after the failure.Or "Look what 'I' did" after the success.

Guys,just remember there are Spin Doctors on both sides of the fence.You will always see these things the way YOU want to see them

I'll go with Levatc on the part that a bomb wouldn't give us POSITIVE PROOF of killing OBL.
For that part alone,I will guess that the bombing the compound part was turned down by most in that room.
Do you really think they were worried about a couple Seals getting killed? If they were,the Seal teams wouldn't exist.Or the ground forces in general.Isn't the Seals missions always at great risks?

They have spilled lots of Pakistani blood with the drones already.They weren't worried about the collateral damage (especially when they figured out they were hiding him in plain site) from the bomb.How would they recover DNA afterwards?

When we just believe anything we read on the web,because it came from a source that our side likes,then we become "sheeple".

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)

Yeah I'll go with this.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR