JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey guys we don't have to wait for a answer on our BGC. By law after 3 days you can take possession of your gun unless you were denied but if you were delayed by law according to Oregon Federation of Firearms . You can look up and print it. Look up delayed or denied for a firearms purchase

Hey guys we don't have to wait for a answer on our BGC. By law after 3 days you can take possession of your gun unless you were denied but if you were delayed by law according to Oregon Federation of Firearms . You can look up and print it. Look up delayed or denied for a firearms purchase
I have heard of at least one LGS that fully intends on calling every customer that has waited more then three days on the 7th.

Agreed, I was speaking to mag's being delivered on time.

If you deal with the receiving FFL often ask them ever so nicely to call the transfer in rather then doing it online. My local guy did this for me on Saturday and I was back picking up my new toy in under two hours.
NW armory did my last one 2 weeks ago i have CC licenses and it only took 15 minutes

Just buy from Bud's gun shop. I've ordered two this month, each shipped next day, in my hands 2 days later. It's the way to go. I think they know what's going on here and are putting us first but you never know

Sounds to me some shops could be going all in with inventory sellout in mind. Even if implementing the 3 day rule. Could this be a tactic to just move shop out of state after things settle. No time to wait for decisions and permit systems by the state… just a thought.

Sounds to me some shops could be going all in with inventory sellout in mind. Even if implementing the 3 day rule. Could this be a tactic to just move shop out of state after things settle. No time to wait for decisions and permit systems by the state… just a thought.
Or retreat temporarily and wait for permit system and see what the fallout is.

I doubt that many shops have the wherewithal to move out of state - most are small shops who have roots here.

Sell out inventory sure - don't want to be holding that inventory while shut down.

@Grantcraig 12/07/2022 at 11:59 PM is the last minute you can have your BGC approved and firearm transferred without the need for a permit. At 12:00 AM on 12/08/2022, all firearm sales at FFLs will require a permit to purchase. There are no legal exceptions, even if you got in line beforehand.

@Grantcraig 12/07/2022 at 11:59 PM is the last minute you can have your BGC approved and firearm transferred without the need for a permit. At 12:00 AM on 12/08/2022, all firearm sales at FFLs will require a permit to purchase. There are no legal exceptions, even if you got in line beforehand.
Thanks, good to know. Now question with the magazine ban, are you still allowed to use high cap mags in competition?

I ordered around a dozen magazines from 4 different online shops on the 16th. 3 of my 4 packages have arrived. There aren't any more magazines that I need to buy.

I spent almost 8 hours at Sportsman's Warehouse in Bend on Monday. I received an email informing me 3 of my 6 purchases were in around 2:00pm. By the time it was finally my turn all 6 had arrived (they probably arrived in the morning and just needed to be checked into their computer system). An AR stripped lower did not come in so I canceled it. Even if it did come in there was no way I was going to spend another 8 hours at SW. I received 2 instant approvals (The clerk left one gun off the first background check) and brought my guns home Tuesday night. I left SW a little after 10:00pm (after they had closed).

Last Edited:
Calling someone out of a saloon onto the street to have a competition to see who is faster? No.

A competition on a range with inanimate objects as targets? Yes.
Actually, I'd like to argue that the gang bangers won't follow the law, so your first option is not entirely valid.

Thanks, good to know. Now question with the magazine ban, are you still allowed to use high cap mags in competition?
Text from M114:

2CB2A3D1-4E5F-47DC-85AE-09437A12A103.jpeg

Not to nitpick but it's probably more like 12/07/2022 at 9:59PM, as the BGC department at the OSP works till 10PM.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top