JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My boss went down to Texas for a family reunion and his Aunt gave him his Dads old .22 pistol. How does he get the pistol back to Washington? Does he have to ship it through an FFL? We have never dealt with out of state purchases or passed down guns from relatives.

Is it really his gun at that point? It didn't become his gun in his home state, and my previous research has indicated that he needs to ship via an FFL. I've talked with various licensees and lawyers and they have come to the same conclusion.

I am not a lawyer but I can post the Federal law.........

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922

(a)(3)(A) shall not preclude any person who lawfully acquires a firearm by bequest or intestate succession in a State other than his State of residence from transporting the firearm into or receiving it in that State, if it is lawful for such person to purchase or possess such firearm in that State,

He bought a case today and called the airline to get all of their rules. He will be flying home with it.

Thanks for all the replies!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top