JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys hoping to pick your brains once again.. I've been looking for possible grip options for my P-Series HK pistols and have all but settled on the Talons. I plan to switch between both for EDC and am trying to decide between the granulated or rubber versions. Would appreciate any feedback on Pros & Cons and experience with either..:)

Well I don't own any, but I will likely order the granulated version for my two XDS. They do have reviews on Amazon and Talon's website.

Edit: I did order two Granulated versions for my XDS's and for the XDS Extensions and also got a couple Pierce pinkie extensions for the short magazines

Last Edited:
Well I don't own any, but I will likely order the granulated version for my two XDS. They do have reviews on Amazon and Talon's website.

Edit: I did order two Granulated versions for my XDS's and for the XDS Extensions and also got a couple Pierce pinkie extensions for the short magazines

Nice Pandaz I too ordered two Talons as well, but went with the rubber ones after reading reviews for EDC. Let me know what you think after you slap Em' on your XD's and I'll do the same with mine. Cheers

Roger that, In retrospect I should have ordered one rubber and one granulated. I am certain the Rubber will feel better, but I was concerned with wet conditions too.

Good choice going with Talon Grips. I personally like the rubber ones better than the sand. The rubber has all the grip I need, wet or dry, and unlike the sand grips the rubber ones don't attract lint, catch on your shirt or rub your "love-handles" raw when CC'ing.

Good choice going with Talon Grips. I personally like the rubber ones better than the sand. The rubber has all the grip I need, wet or dry, and unlike the sand grips the rubber ones don't attract lint, catch on your shirt or rub your "love-handles" raw when CC'ing.

Thanks for the 2 cents Humdrum. What you said about the granulated was what I gathered from other reviews for CC. Glad your thoroughly pleased with the rubbers, can't wait too throw Em' on mine.:D

Well if granulated dosen'.t work I'll remove them and replace with the rubberized ones

From what I've researched the granulated texture is unmatched for grip control. Great for range use or HD gun, just tough on clothes and skin for EDC. I've read some sanding down on contact points makes a world of difference for carry though... If you really decide you'd prefer rubber they have a 90 day return policy, just swap Em' no worries..

Just slapped the Talons on my pistols and I'm extremely impressed.... Grip difference is night and day... Application was easy and they look sharp. Can't wait to take Em' shootin'

A roll of stair tread tape at Lowe's and some scissors. Cut to suit. Lasts almost forever.

That works! They also make a "rubbery" stair tread tape. All I've seen was gray. Might not snag
clothes as bad as the regular stuff.

My personal choice: Agrip from Brooks Tactical. Suede-like peel and stick. Does not snag clothing,
easy on the hand and body---but a good solid grip even when wet. It will get dirty, I clean mine with a
"suede brush" made for shoes.

http://brookstactical.com/

I haven't had the opportunity to handle the soft grips yet, but it does seem like they would be very comfortable while shooting.
Without a doubt they would have to be the best for carrying I would think.
Do they add much bulk to the gripframe of the pistol?

No they are pretty thin. I did order the rubber material for the Warden's Lionheart LH-9. I will have to try and custom make them.

On another note I did install the granulated version on both XDS's. I did fair to poor on the first one and good on the second. It does feel like fine sandpaper, but that is not bad. A very positive grip, I think I like it I als did the magazine extension on the spare magazine that I carry in the off side pocket. I'll have to use it some to see if it picks up enough debris to make me want the rubber version. I think this will do. I like it.

The rubberized versions are far superior when CC'ing, they offer a nice tacky surface and depending on what gun you have actually soften the aggressive checkering on the existing grip. Feels good against your skin, improves grip feel and thus confidence.

All that for $15?! No brainer!

Oh and it just so happens that they have a 1 day sale on tomorrow... Good timing huh?

Well so far I have not picked up any debris, but to try a fitted set, I ordered a rubber version for my on the way XDM 5.25, guess I missed the sale as I bought yesterday.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top