JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, I have recently moved to WA, and I am wondering if it is still straightforward to get a CPL in King County.

From what I have read, it seems that WA gun laws are getting more and more restrictive (10rd mag limit etc.).

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can share their recent experience getting a CPL in King County. Thanks.

It's relatively straightforward. You either go through your local PD or if you're in unincorporated King County, the Sheriff's Office will handle it. It can take up to 30 days or so. Contact your local PD for guidance if needed. The city website, in the police department section should also provide some information.

Its actually quite simple. Pre Covid you would just walk into your local county sherrids office (Cherry st downtown if I remembrr), pay about $55, get your finger prints done on-site electrinically (gets logged in FBI database), and head out. Essentially if you dont have any sketchy physicall violence stuff on your revord, they legally have at most, 30 days to send it to you. Mine took 18 days the first time I got it. I cant recall if you need to be a WA resident or mot, that might be something to look into if you are brand new to the state.

Hi all, I have recently moved to WA, and I am wondering if it is still straightforward to get a CPL in King County.

From what I have read, it seems that WA gun laws are getting more and more restrictive (10rd mag limit etc.).

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can share their recent experience getting a CPL in King County. Thanks.

Very simple here. This link should give you anything you need.

But, you'll need a concealed pistol in Seattle to be safe while applying. Not really joking.
No joke, Seattle has decayed horribly over the last several years, to the point that I don't even visit anymore. Value my own safety too much.

But for the record, went to the King County courthouse there in Seattle and applied for my out of state permit in person. Fingerprints (electronically) and initiated my background check wile I was standing there. A few weeks later my permit showed up in my mailbox…. Admittedly that was several years ago.

Last Edited:
Well, I just moved from one of the "gun-free" cities where there are hundreds of shootings per year. DT Seattle is actually a huge improvement for me...
Sadly the emerald city seems to be in a race to become the same kind of sewer so many other formally nice places have become. :(
If you are in Kirkland hopefully you do not need to go downtown Seattle . The area where the main court building is has become a problem even during daylight hours now.:(
When things first stated going down hill daytime was still mostly nice. Wife and I used to love to take the express bus down there now and then on a Saturday just to knock around for part of a day. It sadly got to where I no longer felt comfortable doing that even. Always on guard of some of the scum, zombies wandering around. Really sad. Of course the people running the place having run it into the ground would if they had their way only allow the criminals to have guns.

That's a great point! I should try the local PD first.
Look at the website I linked. It will help you find the right place the first time. It all depends on your residence assuming you are now a WA resident? If you are not and want a non resident you can apply from many "Cop Shops". Some want you to make an appointment, so phone call first may save some time and hassle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top