JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was talking with a friend tonight who knows a police officer that was working on 26 for this he said they believe the guy commited suicide with a bucket of tannerite in his lap and shot it with a rifle.
He said there were pieces of his body scattered everywhere.

You would think there's easier ways to do it.
At least he didn't try it with a handgun and fail to ignite it and just shot himself in the nuts

What about a massive amount of dry ice
in a container?

Or the crystalin drano mixed with aluminum in a bottle or container?

Those too have violent rapid gassious explosions that wouldnt meet the ATF/FBI explosives investigation requirements?

I mean, it would take A LOT but Ive seen it nearly blow a kids hand off.

Would anything else explode with that much force aside from binary explosives?

What about a massive amount of dry ice
in a container?
Those too have violent rapid gassious explosions that wouldnt meet the ATF/FBI explosives investigation requirements?

I've actually met a kid who was arrested, convicted and was on probation at the time I knew him---
for the crime of "Unlawful manufacture of a destructive device" ORS 166.384.
Dry ice in a 2 liter pop bottle.
Really. Pop bottle, some water, some dry ice. Class C Felony.

%$#&* nanny state BS---and he should have spent a little more on a real lawyer.

Dang ol' uncle fester seems like he really kicked off the woods trailer meth making.

I guess we have him to thank for running into these types in the woods.
I wonder if breaking bad was made off his story.

Ironically Uncle Fester May have saved Countless Lives, by teaching the Proper Chemistry for Meth Production!

No, I do not condone the making, selling or using of Meth, but, it is being done, and he taught how to do it correctly.

But I was thinking more along this threads issue, "How to make Explosives" the man is a Professional Chemist, and again, not condoning the concept, but he taught correct "Home Labratory" concepts, not ~take a bit of this and add it to some of that~ (Kaboooom)

It is to easy to make mistakes with the wonderful world of Chemistry, and it requires a Very High level of MATHEMATICS to be done correctly.

One can Aquire original & facsimiles of original manuals, in making explosives... But if you do not have the Math background, or comprehensive understanding... Then even low level explosives will Maim and or Kill.

So, why do I know all this????

I have a naturally curious mind, I have studied almost every major science & technology as an entertaining awareness... And that is all...

I know a little about many things, and I am good, at a Very Few items, for instance, over Fifty Five YEARS, in the study of Electronics. For Electronics, you need Electricity, so I have a more than usual understanding of Battery Chemistry...

philip

I couldn't disagree more. I would much rather have meth heads and/or cooks blowing themselves up or cooking up hotshots to rid the world of such trash.

Same with those timothy mcveigh types. I'd rather they just earn theit darwin award, and not kill innocent people.

I have some basic chemistry skills and some knowledge of what chemicals can do when mixed even with basic items like a coca cola.

I had an employee destroy a garbage truck by just incorrectly throwing away some chemicals.
Our company paid $80k to replace their truck.
It's an easy mistake.

Pretty sure all of us here (it is a gun forum after all) did some dumb stuff with explosives when younger. I know I started with my sisters barbies covered in lighter fluid and worked my way up to much more destructive "experiments".
I learned my lesson when my friend kicked a gas soaked tennis ball into the woods instead of the "target" that might have been cool had I not had to run for a shovel so I did not burn the woods down. After that I pretty much stuck to fire crackers and guns. That is plenty of bang for me after the thought of my dad coming home after a fire...The old man was a fireman so yeah you might think that meant I knew better but as a kid my brother and I thought that meant we could handle fires like the old man.
After a few brushes with his anger for that we realized it was best to accept we where just idiots.

Only this wasn't an accident.

This guy went out with a bang.......
Not funny I know.

But you would think black powder or something would be better.

I'd be more afaid i'd survive

I agree. I cannot imagine going out like
I have some basic chemistry skills and some knowledge of what chemicals can do when mixed even with basic items like a coca cola.

I had an employee destroy a garbage truck by just incorrectly throwing away some chemicals.
Our company paid $80k to replace their truck.
It's an easy mistake.

That is a scary easy mistake but easy to understand. Soo many things mixed go boom or get white hot. Lots of guys have no idea even simple chemicals..Bleach and Ammonia for one can lead to a nasty gas. I have had more than one employee make this mistake and had to clear out an area due to the eye watering painful issue it brings on your body.
That happens in a simple cleaning bucket. If I had to give them stronger chemicals downtown may have been a crater due to the stupidity of some people that think you do not need to read the no no parts of chemical labels...Course they tell people they did until I get a call saying they just punctured propane tank by holding a torch too close...Yeah luckily all I had to do was fire a guy for that stupidity instead of having a few people injured or killed.
All that is nothing compared to the big booms you folks mention.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top