JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would think you would have to use a fairly good sized round for drone hunting, .308, 30.06, .338 or larger. There are many stories of drones coming back from missions in Iraq, Afganistan with holes from 7.62 rounds thanks to haji! A friend of mine works for Boeing and he was showing me some pictures of the frames. A mix of kevlar and carbon fiber for some of the bigger ones, which leads me to believe they might prove difficult to bring down. Just my .02!!:s0131:

HOLD ON NOW GUYS, You didn't read the regulations for hunting DRONE's. 12 gauge or smaller shot guns only with only three types of shot allowed. NO RIFLES, so you don't have to worry to much about getting hit in the head. (probably wouldn't hurt many of us anyhow) I would hate to see you guys get arrested for a DRONE violation. GOOD LUCK AND HUNTING!

Ask al Qaeda and the Taliban about the success they've had in shooting down drones. Only the Iranians have had very limited success.

(That we know of that is.)

i have no doubt that if you see drones get a bit more excessive, someone will shoot one down. we may never know who did it but it will happen eventually. there are too many annoyed people out there with big rifles for them to fly with impunity forever.

ill be there laughing my *** off when we hear about it too.

This is the same bloated agency that arrested and charged a pair of business partners for using drones as contractors to take video views of homes for sale, for the sellers

Just because it's a drone doesn't mean you can violate airspace rules, which is what they were charged with.

Sent from LV-426.

Just can't be safe encouraging people to do this! I mean is that a Cessna up there or a drone?! :) The bullet has to come down somewhere also (if you miss!).

Not commenting on whether shooting down drones is a good idea or not, ;-), but not only will the bullet will come down somewhere if you miss, a drone will come down somewhere if you hit. :) I can just see the headlines: Man collects $100 bounty for downed drone, pays $1800 in auto repairs for neighbors truck damaged by drone crash. LOL.

p.s. Then the next headline. Neighbor only asks for $900 in auto damages in appreciation for downed drone. hehe

Not commenting on whether shooting down drones is a good idea or not, ;-), but not only will the bullet will come down somewhere if you miss, a drone will come down somewhere if you hit. :) I can just see the headlines: Man collects $100 bounty for downed drone, pays $1800 in auto repairs for neighbors truck damaged by drone crash. LOL.

p.s. Then the next headline. Neighbor only asks for $900 in auto damages in appreciation for downed drone. hehe

I think insurance would cover that. "Act of nature"

To little too late, on the drone front, TBH.

You can, after all, build your own short range drone for under 1k easily these days, including cameras, telemetry systems and even VR glasses to fly the thing "First Person View"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top