JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WOW Impressive

My son is in the NAVY and has been stationed on three of our ships that have the CIWS PAC anti missile anti aircraft weapons system. And from what he says the 4200rpm+ that they fire would have at that range pretty much put all the rounds in the same 3 ft diameter circle or GROUP if you will. He says when it fires it's like a vibration not individual shots. His Electronics shop was located below one of the gun on board both the USS CHANCELLORSVILLE and the USS SHILOH And they would get a few seconds warning to get their hearing protection on before the gun would be fired.

Wanna see some real fire power check out these vids

YouTube - CIWS Towed Target

YouTube - CIWS PAC Fire Aboard USS Kitty Hawk

YouTube - navy ciws tdu shoot

You should see the rapid fire 5" guns (20rds min) they have now damn things are snipe rifle accurate. My son sent me videos of them passing a target island near Okinawa. OH MY.

2006_01080008.jpg
You should see the rapid fire 5" guns (20rds min) they have now damn things are snipe rifle accurate. My son sent me videos of them passing a target island near Okinawa. OH MY.

The radar on the MK56 GFCS that aimed the 5"/38 caliber on the boat I was on tracked rounds downrange and made corrections so third round would centerpunch the point of aim. ( 18rds/min...56lbs. of explosive D travelling at 1450fps at 7,500 yds.) We took out a 158ft steel hulled vessel with four rounds. BIG FUN :s0155:

Thank goodness we did not do that or the U.S. would be sued and the parents of those nice boys would be brought to NY to sue and collect money on the governments dime.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top