JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took a brand new shooter to the range today. Fourth one this year for me, by the way (and I have a fifth newbie scheduled for next weekend).
I've been shooting with this person's husband, who is one of my old climbing partners, this past year. He was brand new back in early March, before the lockdown BS.

So we finally got my buddy's wife out there today. She rocked her hubby's Glock 19/43X in 9mm and my SIG 1911 C3 in 45 ACP.
Then we took her over to the rifle range and she ripped off a mag of 5.56 through her hubby's Kel-Tec AR and nailed the bullseye with 20+ rounds within a 4-inch group at 25 yards, never having shot a gun before today. I thought that was pretty impressive from someone who was scared to death of firearms just this morning.

I took a brand new shooter to the range today. Fourth one this year for me, by the way (and I have a fifth newbie scheduled for next weekend).
I've been shooting with this person's husband, who is one of my old climbing partners, this past year. He was brand new back in early March, before the lockdown BS.

So we finally got my buddy's wife out there today. She rocked her hubby's Glock 19/43X in 9mm and my SIG 1911 C3 in 45 ACP.
Then we took her over to the rifle range and she ripped off a mag of 5.56 through her hubby's Kel-Tec AR and nailed the bullseye with 20+ rounds within a 4-inch group at 25 yards, never having shot a gun before today. I thought that was pretty impressive from someone who was scared to death of firearms just this morning.
Awesome! I always say that taking someone shooting does more to enlighten and convert them than any amount of words or discussions. They don't always convert. But they at least come away better educated and I have yet to have anyone NOT have a good time. :)

I'm treating my current stock of ammo, primers, bullets, and powder as precious assets and am planning on only firing my weapons in case of a sight upgrade.

il_340x270.1017417337_69jj.jpg

I LOVE to read nice stories like this!

Thank you!

Old Lady Cate

I went hunting yesterday for grouse with my flintlock fowler.
Saw one and heard another....didn't get any , but had a wonderful time being outside.
Andy

My husband and his friend are out on another friend's ranch looking/hunting for ELK today!

My husband took his 80 year old friend grouse hunting not too long ago too.

A day spent outside is a GOOD DAY for sure!

Take care.

Cate

What BP firearm did you shoot?
I shot my .54 T/C Renegade.

Sadly however I shot my LAST two Hornady Great Plains bullets which I have been using forever. Hornady quit making them in .54 and .58 - both of which I use - or used to that is!

The results of those shots are clearly evident on this can at 50 yards. They have always been very accurate in both my .54 Renegade and .58 Springfield so until I find an alternative - or start casting - I am back to round balls!

IMG_2287.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads