JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I joined, but it wasn't what I thought it would be. Wound up being a larger area and not just my neighborhood. Also lots of background noise posts. I cancelled my account.

Too many whiny little babies on there, complaining about anything and everything. I deleted my acct cause I got so sick of reading peoples lack of suck it up. Bunch of pansies....

I actually go say "hi" to my neighbors, chat to them in real life.
Next-door is stuffed with people shaming their neighbors because their mulch is two shades too red or the lid on their recycling bin wasn't fully closed....

Too many whiny little babies on there, complaining about anything and everything. I deleted my acct cause I got so sick of reading peoples lack of suck it up. Bunch of pansies....

THIS to many bubbleguming nancys bubbleguming about bubblegum......then you got others say rd closed but where, know how many miles that runs. ya Im about to get off this crap

All I see/read on nextdoor are a bunch of people bubbleguming about people leaving dog crap in their trashcans, fireworks, porch pirates, BLM, protestors, covid, people not wearing masks, their dog/cat go missing because they didnt close the bubbleguming fence, and trump. It's fun to read sometimes.

Well, I went back for a look, and found this, posted by the Clark County Neighborhood Program Coordinator Marilee McCall:

"Three listening sessions on systemic racism scheduled: First one is this Friday 7/31 at 6 PM. The Clark County Council and partner agencies YWCA Clark County, NAACP Vancouver, SW WA LULAC, and Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Program have scheduled three listening sessions to learn about how systemic racism has impacted residents of Clark County."

Of course none of these agency posts allow the peons to comment.

I can't imagine why anyone would go to something like this, other than as an means for Karens to virtue-signal each other. And the funny thing is that I can't think of a better example of systemic racism, than having an agency (part of the system) posting about opportunities for people to get together to talk about race. Looks like the old "white man's burden" to me. I wonder what Martin Luther King would have thought about this.

The uglification of nextdoor.com continues apace.

Well, I went back for a look, and found this, posted by the Clark County Neighborhood Program Coordinator Marilee McCall:

"Three listening sessions on systemic racism scheduled: First one is this Friday 7/31 at 6 PM. The Clark County Council and partner agencies YWCA Clark County, NAACP Vancouver, SW WA LULAC, and Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Program have scheduled three listening sessions to learn about how systemic racism has impacted residents of Clark County."

Of course none of these agency posts allow the peons to comment.

I can't imagine why anyone would go to something like this, other than as an means for Karens to virtue-signal each other. And the funny thing is that I can't think of a better example of systemic racism, than having an agency (part of the system) posting about opportunities for people to get together to talk about race. Looks like the old "white man's burden" to me. I wonder what Martin Luther King would have thought about this.

The uglification of nextdoor.com continues apace.

Man, I don't know how you can read that stuff. I have an account, I think? I get a notice now and again, an "Emergency Alert!", like "A nice little kitty came wandering in our yard and has been here for three days. *insert picture here of cat laying on porch* It's such a sweet kitty I'm sure his mommy misses him" . BARF. And yes, the yapping of fire works, the video of a guy casing their driveway, and stolen ladders. There's the fun ones though, the guy, (gal with a guy handle?) that are always one the edge of being booted with the snarky posts.

Board's kind of slow this morning, think I'll check next door to see if there's an interesting dumpster fire burning this morning.

My wife started an account years ago so we get alerts. We will not participate. I already know the mindset of my immediate neighbors and friends, for everyone else I just sit back and let them spill their minds.....
Then I update my friend/foe/unknown list.

_nc_ohc=Pm1bOn9ryQIAX-1Ukk2&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

In general and as you know, Next Door people in the Portland area are smarter than most, and help elect our most successful Oregon politicians. That is why the state runs so well. They are keenly perceptive of social-political movements and are not subject to having their thinking manipulated by the media. Their voting judgement, on average, is excellent, always voting to elect those that look after interests of the citizens and the environment as different than advancing the self-interests and power of the elected politicians.

I was kicked off Nextdoor. All I did was say that I liked the new Walmart neighborhood store that opened up and I was gang stalked by a gaggle of anti-walmart Harper Valley PTA types. The technicality they kicked me on was that I used a pseudonym instead of my real name. The idiots were trying to find out who I actually was so that they could take their crap to the next level, simply because I like Walmart. They were also pretty tight with the local coordinator so he stood fast on their rule that I had to use my real name so I basically told him to shove it and never went back. They still keep sending me post cards to join. I also know a couple of other people who use pseudonyms but they were never asked to use their real name.
NextDoor can suck a big Internet EMP.
I tried to get off it, but once they have your phone number, you're on it forever. I get alerts all the time about things that are little more than gossip.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top