JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know if you are aware, but there is a nice website that can help connect you with your neighbors, nextdoor.com. I recommend it just for keeping an eye on things, watching for prowlers, organizing work, etc. This website seems to keep a reasonable balance, allowing commercial (mostly real estate and people advertising for work) but keeping that at a low roar, and also allowing police to communicate but not taking it over. So, most of the posts are from your neighbors. The most annoying thing recently are the posts about census, not enough to really bother me though.
too much sales spam, people selling bubblegume spam, public servcie announcements (propaganda) with comments turned off. Too many people using it like facebook.

I know my neighbors, all 6 of them as I live down a 1500 foot dead-end road. Most all are 2A proponents, one is unknown as I haven't had the chance to talk about that topic yet. NextDoor?...No Thanks.

When I experienced it about a decade ago I found it to be generally filled with a bunch of women who seemingly had nothing better to do during their day. Doubt much has changed.

I've had to revise my opinion a bit. It's useful for hearing about mountain lion sightings in the area. We had several in a pack last Winter.
It's also useful because it can be pretty micro in focus and that can be quite helpful.

It also informs me of who the city transplants are, spotlights the local sjw's, who the whiners and sheep are and outs the anti gun crowd pretty well.

I lurk and :s0093:

I've been on Nextdoor for years... it's good for entertainment mostly but occasionally there is good information.

Earlier this year there was a robbery at Scholls Ferry and sw 125th on sw pioneer lane. This never made it to local news.

Also, last year that idiot that robbed, stabbed and car jacked in Murrayhill, the news was late in reporting it. Heard that on Nextdoor same day.

If you are on there, I suggest restricting your information on your profile. >Settings >Privacy

Is this the site you use when you wanna hook up with the local desperate house wives or meeting the neighborhood crack dealer in the nice neighborhoods?

1592863478065.png

I've had to revise my opinion a bit. It's useful for hearing about mountain lion sightings in the area. We had several in a pack last Winter.
It's also useful because it can be pretty micro in focus and that can be quite helpful.

It also informs me of who the city transplants are, spotlights the local sjw's, who the whiners and sheep are and outs the anti gun crowd pretty well.

I lurk and :s0093:
I had never heard of it till saw it here. Did sign up, with fake name. Look at it every couple days. so far only thing I have cared about is since so many have camera's now. When someone around me posts clips of some one acting suspicious at the home. Interesting to see those from homes close to me.

Years ago, i sign on using my mom's address and i picked up the registration code when I grabbed mail. I also did not use my real name. I haven't been kicked off (yet) though it should be clear by now my political leanings. I'm a bit of a gadfly. I also apply the MUTE feature liberally (pun intended) just to preserve my sanity. By now, I probably muted several dozen neighbors. I have fun there, though I also spend more time offering to help neighbors repair and troubleshoot things at no cost.

My neighbor was walking her dog by my house without a leash of course. Her dog ran into my property and took a giant dump on my driveway with me standing there. She said "oh dont worry, its all organic and clean" and then kept on walking. Apparently not clean enough to pick up with her hands.

So going on nextdoor sounds like it would be the cancerous hellhole that is facebook, plus a little syphilis

My neighbor was walking her dog by my house without a leash of course. Her dog ran into my property and took a giant dump on my driveway with me standing there. She said "oh dont worry, its all organic and clean" and then kept on walking. Apparently not clean enough to pick up with her hands.

So going on nextdoor sounds like it would be the cancerous hellhole that is facebook, plus a little syphilis

I'd let her know she can come pick it up and take it away, or I would deliver it to her house.

There was a thread about 6 months ago or so about a dog that crapped on one our member's lawn. I suggested to him to do what I did when my neighbor's dog continuously crapped on my lawn and they denied it/wouldn't clean it up.

My solution was elegant...

You know it!

Hey, I may be hard to get along with, but I'm fair... :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads