JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know if you are aware, but there is a nice website that can help connect you with your neighbors, nextdoor.com. I recommend it just for keeping an eye on things, watching for prowlers, organizing work, etc. This website seems to keep a reasonable balance, allowing commercial (mostly real estate and people advertising for work) but keeping that at a low roar, and also allowing police to communicate but not taking it over. So, most of the posts are from your neighbors. The most annoying thing recently are the posts about census, not enough to really bother me though.

I was kicked off Nextdoor. All I did was say that I liked the new Walmart neighborhood store that opened up and I was gang stalked by a gaggle of anti-walmart Harper Valley PTA types. The technicality they kicked me on was that I used a pseudonym instead of my real name. The idiots were trying to find out who I actually was so that they could take their crap to the next level, simply because I like Walmart. They were also pretty tight with the local coordinator so he stood fast on their rule that I had to use my real name so I basically told him to shove it and never went back. They still keep sending me post cards to join. I also know a couple of other people who use pseudonyms but they were never asked to use their real name.
NextDoor can suck a big Internet EMP.

I don't know if you are aware, but there is a nice website that can help connect you with your neighbors, nextdoor.com. I recommend it just for keeping an eye on things, watching for prowlers, organizing work, etc. This website seems to keep a reasonable balance, allowing commercial (mostly real estate and people advertising for work) but keeping that at a low roar, and also allowing police to communicate but not taking it over. So, most of the posts are from your neighbors. The most annoying thing recently are the posts about census, not enough to really bother me though.
Does it ask for your address or other personal info when signing up?

I was kicked off Nextdoor. All I did was say that I liked the new Walmart neighborhood store that opened up and I was gang stalked by a gaggle of anti-walmart Harper Valley PTA types. The technicality they kicked me on was that I used a pseudonym instead of my real name. The idiots were trying to find out who I actually was so that they could take their crap to the next level, simply because I like Walmart. They were also pretty tight with the local coordinator so he stood fast on their rule that I had to use my real name so I basically told him to shove it and never went back. They still keep sending me post cards to join. I also know a couple of other people who use pseudonyms but they were never asked to use their real name.
Wow u are required to use your real name? That is bad. Not for me that's for sure.

I use it to watch and listen. It can also create a false sense of alarm when the normal volume of crime is discussed instantly with the group, crimes most people never knew occurred. Take it with a grain of salt. Some posts reveal how naive so many Americans are at what really happens in the modern world.

Nextdoor Cedar Hills: Gossip Central. Most of the posters there seem to be low information types, naive on most any affairs. I found it best to say away from posting there because their reality was so distorted and they was hostile types.

I've had a similar experience, but mine was related to illegal immigration. Seems that site is full of idealists who see one global everything. They can keep it and their twisted ideals. When the SHTF, don't come running to me, I'll be busy taking care of me and mine....

We have more CA people moving in around here all their time and they bring CA anti-gun, anti-car, anti-whatever politics with them.

They want to make all illegal drugs legal yet they will gladly try to demonize u if they see you putting fertilizer on your lawn. Give those crazies your real name? NO THANKS!

Is this the site you use when you wanna hook up with the local desperate house wives or meeting the neighborhood crack dealer in the nice neighborhoods?

Heinrich Himmler would be proud of all the wannabe Gestapo agents informing on their neighbors on Nextdoor. Our Son was playing soccer with a few friends at a local soccer field and some Nextdoor Nazi posted a picture of them and reported them for not "social distancing enough."

In my little corner of the world, I know my neighbors and with the exception of one, they're all great.

The exception is an alcoholic single guy who goes on weird/angry rants and no one, not one person in the neighborhood likes him.

Kinda sad and I do feel sorry for him, but keep him at arms length...

My across the creek neighbor suggested it to me, so I signed up. It's a good resource in theory. The reality is as several have already stated, a gossipy, SJW, groupthink platform of busybodies.

I avoid it as a general rule. One of the most frequent complaints is about shooting. Day, night, it doesn't matter. Those scary guns scare the daylights out of the urban transplants.
Theoretically they moved to the country for the lifestyle, but they want the country to change for them.

Just a small rant, sorry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads