JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I go hunting in the back country where I'll be gone for a week or more, I have a pack that I slip onto my meat pack board. That pack carries everything I need to survive for quite a long time. Food is the only thing that dictates as to how long. And when it isn't hunting season pull that pack off the meat board and put it behind the seat of my truck. My wife has an identical bag in her jeep. Each bag has everything that will take care of a couple of people out side of water and food. Those are two things that I rotate on a regular basis so as to not have it become unpalatable.

Say you build your bag to get you home then Portland goes up in a nuke nightmare. You will not get home. What will you be able to pull out of that bag to get you to your next destination? Have you planned to meet somewhere else?

jj

Yeah, this is where I thought you were going with that statement. To assume the only purpose a GHB would serve would be to get me home is pretty myopic. Maybe we should have titled the thread my "Bag in case I have to walk to a safe and more secure destination, possibly but not limited to home" bag. Course BICIHTWTASAMSDPBNLTHB, doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well as GHB. :D:D

If this were the case I'd have no home to go to and any reason I would have to head to the Portland area would be dead. So, I'd head south. It'd be a longer trip, but I've got good friends in 2 counties down south. I'd take my vehicle as far as I could south, then load up my BICIHTWTASAMSDPBNLTHB and head the rest of the way on foot.

Yeah, this is where I thought you were going with that statement. To assume the only purpose a GHB would serve would be to get me home is pretty myopic. Maybe we should have titled the thread my "Bag in case I have to walk to a safe and more secure destination, possibly but not limited to home" bag. Course BICIHTWTASAMSDPBNLTHB, doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well as GHB. :D:D

If this were the case I'd have no home to go to and any reason I would have to head to the Portland area would be dead. So, I'd head south. It'd be a longer trip, but I've got good friends in 2 counties down south. I'd take my vehicle as far as I could south, then load up my BICIHTWTASAMSDPBNLTHB and head the rest of the way on foot.

:s0112::s0112::s0112: Just call it your lunch bag LOL. Just a dumb point I guess cause some guys think if they just get home all will be well. They pack to get home so what will they do if home is not there? Most of em would only pack enough food for what I would call a lunch (fat boy here).

Guess really it doesn't make a difference, it's like buying insurance, how much is enough. :s0112::s0112: Wait and see what happens :s0114::s0114:

jj

you wont need earplugs we never used them when i was in the army except for sleeping in the barracks :D you need to hear whats going around you. if your by your self or with others keep alert when the shooting starts your body goes in fight or flight mode and when your fighting your focused and wont hear much:D

Where does everyone keep GHBs? Under your desk at work? In the car?

I made mine small enough to keep with me pretty much everywhere. It's about the size of a Gas Mask bag and I can wear it like a "Bike Messenger Bag". Maxpedition makes a great line of bags for this purpose.

The contents are basic survival items like a couple of MRE's, Knife, Para-Cord, Fire Making supplies, first aid, water purification, and spare clothing. Several zip lock bags, one containing dry socks. Put on the dry socks, cover them with the bag, and put your wet shoes/boots back on. Nothing worse than wet feet.

When I can't carry it practically, I lock it in my vehicle. It's designed to get me from where I was "when it all starts" to where I have the rest of my "supplies".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top