JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not against vaccines, but against some of the toxic ingredients, additives and means of formulating certain vaccines. I rarely get sick and dont take a flu shot. I worry about the long term effects of kids, especially, taking needless flu shots. i got the flu as a kid, but raised on typical american junk food diet. I toughed it out and survived. Changed my diet and lived a healthier life when i got older and got sick much less. But, people shouldn't overlook the dangers of vaccine ingredients like thimerosal (mercury based preservative) among other heavy metals and questionable ingredients.

Im all for vaccines, but think they can be over used. I think vaccines should be reserved for critical diseases like tetanus, polio, mmr, yellow fever (took this when i went to africa), rabies, etc. Taking frequent vaccines for an illness that can be reduced in severity or avoided by changing diet, sleep, etc and rarely has complications seems not worth it. Especially, since the flu vaccine has been proven not even to be effective some years with various strains. I worry most about children taking these on a routine basis because their young, developing bodies are more sensitive to the side effects of these additives.

I hadn't gotten a flu shot in probably 15 years, always felt like crap after getting them. Until I got the flu 2 years ago and felt like absolute death for a week straight.
Since then, I get them every year.

BTW - Are all of our new guests (dependents) getting pricked?

Nope, and it is a huge source of resurgent disease that hasn't plagued the U.S. in a long long time!!!

It's all a guess and gamble
100 strands of flush out there
Guessing which to load in needle is a guess

It's an "educated" guess by epidemiologists that study what is going around. Sometimes the mix has to be adjusted because of viral morph, and sometimes because they can't predict travel patterns and people are bringing in other strains.

Not only do I feel like I am going to die for two weeks when I get the flu, but I actually can die due to compromised immune system.

I'm very careful to clean the shopping carts so I don't get infected that way. And am much more cognizant of not putting my fingers around my nose or eyes. Staying away from children is critical for me... when I was working, my boss was a Karate School teacher and constantly caught bugs from those germy little creatures, then came to work sick. No matter what I did to keep surfaces clean, I would catch what he had. The last URV (Upper Respiratory Virus) that I had gave me bronchitis for 3 months. Even tho I took mucus meds, the racking coughing spells were so bad that I injured some ribs and my back and had to be treated for that. Vicodin (codeine) was the only thing that helped and of course now you can't get a prescription for that!!!

Please stop the superstitious rumor mongering!!!

Thimerisol in vaccines:

Children's Hospital of Philidelphia...

Some people have worried that thimerosal, an ethylmercury-containing preservative in some multi-dose preparations of influenza vaccine, could cause mercury poisoning either in children or affect the unborn children of pregnant women who receive this vaccine. But, for many reasons, thimerosal contained in vaccines is not harmful.

All mercury isn't the same: Methylmercury vs. ethylmercury

Mercury is a naturally occurring element found in the earth's crust, air, soil and water. Since the earth's formation, volcanic eruptions, weathering of rocks and burning of coal have caused mercury to be released into the environment. Once released, certain types of bacteria in the environment can change mercury to methylmercury. Methylmercury makes its way through the food chain in fish, animals and humans. At high levels, it can be toxic to people.

Thimerosal contains a different form of mercury called ethylmercury. Studies comparing ethylmercury and methylmercury suggest that they are processed differently in the human body. Ethylmercury is broken down and excreted much more rapidly than methylmercury. Therefore, ethylmercury (the type of mercury in the influenza vaccine) is much less likely than methylmercury (the type of mercury in the environment) to accumulate in the body and cause harm.

"Not against vaccines, but..."

Yes sir, leeches and bleeding will cure what ails ye....now hand me mah ear horn, ah don't need no fancy shmancy hearin aid thingamabobs...an another thing bout this medicine stuff, the folks who dabble in it want to kill you...hark, I think ah hear the town crier shouting: Bring out yer dead - Bring out yer dead!

I am so happy everyone trusts Big Pharma and the FDA so religiously and will believe every study the government produces to verify the safety of vaccines, especially considering people on the FDA board also have big stakes in the trillion dollar Big Pharma corporations.

I don't think there is anything wrong with people questioning vaccines and having concerns about just blindly putting your faith in some government approved drug without doing any of your own research. I'm not one of those people who says OH THIS IS EVIL AND THAT IS GOOD. I think some vaccines are very good and have withstood the test of time,whereas others are questionable and some have been taken off the market due to serious issues or ineffectiveness. When I went to Africa I didn't bother with the Typhoid vaccine because it was only 30% effective at preventing it and it had side effects; which I didn't want to risk travelling around for months in a Third World country. I took the precautions and was ready to take antibiotics (keeping Cipro handy) if needed.

I remember when I first started having back pain in my early 20s my doctor wanted me to start taking high doses of Vioxx. This was when Vioxx was new on the market and before the news broke out about the 100,000s of people it gave serious problems too, including resulting in the deaths of over 50,000 people from bad reactions.

I think vaccines are pretty intense drugs and should only be used when needed. If you are a person with a compromised immune system, then a flu vaccine makes sense. But, to just pump your kids full of vaccines in their young age to prevent the flu, when children have survived the flu for generations, creating natural immunity (modern humans have been fighting off colds/flus for 10000s of years), I think has some serious risks.

Yet, the last thing we ever want to focus on is all the garbage we put in our body, how all the electronic devices and lights make it harder for people to get a good night sleep and how unnatural our environment has become. People will continue to eat their high carb GMO processed food cooked full in estrogen Omega 6 rich soybean oil and chow down their feedlot fed meat,foods full of refined sugars, etc and just be dumbfounded why they get so damn sick when they get hit with the flu or a cold.

Maybe, the fact you are getting so sick and ill is your body's natural way of telling you that you may have some health issues that go beyond your one or two week bout of illness.Getting sick isn't always a bad thing, sometimes it is just your body's way of warning you that there are other problems and it's trying to give you a message to change your lifestyle and eat habits so you don't come down with worse problems like auto-immune diseases or cancer.

BTW, I had horrible asthma my whole life and the doctors pumped me full of their magical drugs and put me on machines and told me how I will be confined to this for ever, maybe . Well, I changed my eating habits , took various herbs , avoided certain foods and even though I may get a little asthma time to time ,I have not had a real attack in over a decade.

Last Edited:
"Not against vaccines, but..."

Yes sir, leeches and bleeding will cure what ails ye....now hand me mah ear horn, ah don't need no fancy shmancy hearin aid thingamabobs...an another thing bout this medicine stuff, the folks who dabble in it want to kill you...hark, I think ah hear the town crier shouting: Bring out yer dead - Bring out yer dead!

I am glad you are so educated.. My Shakespearean English is also inferior to yours too. Alloweth all the people heareth thy wisdom l'rd!

In addition to the usual sore arm, early this morning (around 2:00 AM) I was pretty sick. My body ached all over, even my gonads hurt. I climbed into bed and lay there shivering feverishly. I got up typically late this morning and I felt better. I'm pretty much back to normal now. But this was not a pleasant experience.

That's your immune system developing a response to the flu vaccine. Most of the crap we feel during the flu (fevers, aching, sweats, chills) are from our body's own immune reaction

Some people get a 'red alert' signal from the flu shot triggering the immune system that there is an infection but after a day or so it figures out there isnt one and stands down.

Just means your immune system is healthy and ready to fight.

Just like our military, it is good to give them some practice regularly. You dont want the enemy to show up unannounced and just have an overweight coast guard reserve to fight it (joking! coast guard rocks!)

Ignorance abounds!!!

against some of the toxic ingredients, additives and means of formulating certain vaccines.
But, people shouldn't overlook the dangers of vaccine ingredients like thimerosal (mercury based preservative) among other heavy metals and questionable ingredients.

Please name the toxic ingredients, additives, means of formulating, other heavy metals, and questionable ingredients. And be specific!! Anything else is just meaningless fearmongering BS similar to that put out on HealthNut.com, a website that has been thoroughly discredited, debunked and taken down.

Thimerosal: already debunked in an earlier post so I won't repeat it.

BTW, asthma is often caused by allergies, as studies have shown. Other types of asthma are exercise induced. People with allergies are much more likely to have other health issues, including food allergies, that require changes to be made. The prototypical allergic reaction to vaccine is anaphylaxis, which as an earlier cited report mentioned is easily handled by having the proper treatment and training at hand.

From publichealth.org

What Goes Into a Vaccine?

Aside from antigens, ingredient components of a vaccine include adjuvants, added to enhance the immune system response; antibiotics, to prevent contamination during the manufacturing process; and preservatives and stabilizers.

These additional ingredients are often a source of concern for wary parents and patients. Below is a list of common ingredients in many vaccines, along with information on their purpose and safety.

Thimerosal (ethylmercury)

• Why is it used? This mercury-containing ingredient has been used as a preservative in vaccines since the 1930s. Today, it is only found in vaccines for influenza. Preservatives are necessary for preventing dangerous bacterial or fungal contamination, but thimerosal has since become a major source of vaccine safety concerns.
  • Health concerns? While mercury is a naturally-occurring element found in soil, water, and food, large amounts of it can be harmful, especially for children. Back in 1997, children were receiving three vaccines that together contained more mercury than the EPA recommended limit (though not more than the FDA limit). This led to speculation that thimerosal in vaccines could be linked to autism or other conditions.
  • Is it safe? Years of research have reduced concerns here. The type of mercury found in thimerosal, ethylmercury, differs from methylmercury, the type commonly found in fish and known to be harmful in large amounts. Ethylmercury is broken down and excreted from the body much more quickly than methylmercury, and no scientific study has found a link between ethylmercury and autism or any other harmful effects.
  • Amount in vaccines? Nonetheless, several public health agencies and vaccine manufacturers agreed in 1999 to cease using thimerosal as a precautionary measure. Today, no vaccine contains Thimerosal except the influenza vaccine, and Thimerosal-free alternatives are available.
Formaldehyde

• Why is it used? Formaldehyde has been used for decades in vaccines to inactivate viruses and detoxify bacterial toxins, ensuring they don't result in sickness when injected.
  • Health concerns? The U.S. EPA classifies formaldehyde as a carcinogen, as does the International Agency for Cancer Research and the National Toxicology Program. Additionally, several studies have since linked strong, long-term formaldehyde exposure to certain types of cancer.
  • Is it safe? The potential for harm depends on the amount. Formaldehyde is always present in the human body as part of our natural metabolic process, but long-term exposure to high amounts can overwhelm our system and be harmful. Fortunately, the amount of formaldehyde found in vaccines is very small, most of it being diluted down to residual amounts during the manufacturing process. In fact, the FDA reports there is 50 to 70 times more formaldehyde present in an average newborn's body than in a single dose of vaccine. In brief, current science shows formaldehyde in vaccines to be harmless.
  • Amount in vaccines? The highest amount of formaldehyde present in any vaccine is .02 mg per dose. An average two-month-old baby would have around 1.1 mg of formaldehyde circulating in their body, with higher naturally-occurring amounts for older children.
Aluminum

• Why is it used? Aluminum is used as an adjuvant in vaccines. That is, it makes them more effective by strengthening the immune system response. Thanks to adjuvants, people need fewer doses of vaccine to build immunity.
  • Health concerns? Sometimes the mention of aluminum in vaccines makes parents uneasy; that's because there has been some evidence that long-term exposure to high amounts of aluminum can contribute to brain and bone disease. However, aluminum is naturally present in water, foods, even breast milk. Aluminum has only been shown to harm people if absorbed in very high amounts and when a person's kidneys aren't working properly. In contrast, the amount of aluminum in vaccines is negligible.
  • Is it safe? Aluminum is the third most common naturally-occurring element, after oxygen and silicon. It is found in plants, soil, air, and water. A breast-fed infant will naturally ingest around 7 milligrams of aluminum in her diet throughout the first six months of her life. In contrast, the standard vaccines administered over the first six months of an infant's life contain an average of just 4.4 milligrams of aluminum. Aluminum has been used safely for over six decades in vaccines, with no scientific evidence indicating otherwise.
  • Amount in vaccines? The amount of aluminum in vaccines is tiny. In fact, babies always have a small naturally occurring amount of aluminum in their bloodstreams, about 5 nanograms. The quantity of aluminum in a vaccine is so small it doesn't cause any noticeable raise in this base amount found in the blood, even immediately after an injection.
Antibiotics

• Why are they used? During the production process of some vaccines, antibiotics may be used to counter the risk of dangerous bacterial infection.
  • Health concerns? Concern occasionally arises about antibiotics in vaccines because of the risk of allergic reactions in some children.
  • Is it safe? These fears are greatly exaggerated. Vaccine manufacturers only use antibiotics that are far less likely to provoke a reaction, and because antibiotics are only used during production, they are reduced to trace or undetectable amounts in the final product. In fact, no allergic reaction to a vaccine has ever been traced back to antibiotics. The overall odds a child will suffer from a severe allergic reaction from an MMR or Hepatitis B vaccine, from any ingredient, is 1 in 1,000,000, one hundred times less than the 1 in 10,000 chance a child will be struck by lightning.
  • Amount in vaccines? During the purification steps of the production process, antibiotics are removed, resulting in miniscule or undetectable amounts in the final vaccine.
Gelatin

• Why is it used? Gelatin is used as a preservative and stabilizer, keeping vaccines effective under heat or cold and for the duration of their shelf life.
  • Health concerns? For a very small number of children, gelatin can cause an allergic reaction.
  • Is it safe? While gelatin is the single largest identifiable source of severe allergic reactions from vaccines, the incidence rate is still incredibly small. There is about one case of anaphylaxis caused by gelatin in vaccines for every two million injections.
  • Amount in vaccines? The amount of gelatin varies by vaccine, with the MMR vaccine on the high end, containing 14.5 mg per dose, and the DTaP on the low end, with only 0.0015 mg. Children with a history of gelatin allergies can seek alternatives or exemptions.
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)

• Why is it used? Like gelatin, MSG is used as a preservative and stabilizer in some vaccines, keeping them effective through heat, cold, and shelf life.
  • Health concerns? MSG gained a bad reputation starting in the 1960s after anecdotal reports surfaced of nausea, headaches, flushing, or sweating due to food with MSG. As a result, concern has spread about its use in vaccines. However, these concerns are not supported by scientific research.
  • Is it safe? While the scientific community acknowledges that a very small minority of people may suffer from short-term reactions to MSG, decades of research have not found the element to be harmful. As a result, the Food and Drug Administration, the World Health Organization, and the United Nations all declare MSG to be safe. It has been used for decades and continues to be used in foods as a flavor-enhancer.
  • Amount in vaccines? While some websites have trumped up MSG-based alarm, it is only present in two scheduled vaccines, adenovirus and influenza.

https://www.cdc.gov › vaccines › vac-gen › additives

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org › toxic-myths-about-vaccines

https://www.mcgill.ca › oss › article › health › should-we-worry-about-met...

https://www.sciencemag.org › news › 2017/04 › four-vaccine-myths-and-...

https://time.com › Ideas › vaccines

https://www.chop.edu › centers-programs › vaccine-education-center › alu...

One can believe the myths and BS that say that all the above people are trying to kill us and our children, or one can believe the chiropractic and healthnut industry that Thimerosal is suspended at toxic levels in vaccines, and that aluminum causes autism and Alzheimer's, when indeed both claims have been repeatedly debunked by trusted sources. That's why I call it superstition.. because it's all on the level of Urban Myth.

Ignorance abounds!!!

Please name the toxic ingredients, additives, means of formulating, other heavy metals, and questionable ingredients. And be specific!! Anything else is just meaningless fearmongering BS similar to that put out on HealthNut.com, a website that has been thoroughly discredited, debunked and taken down.

Thimerosal: already debunked in an earlier post so I won't repeat it.

BTW, asthma is often caused by allergies, as studies have shown. Other types of asthma are exercise induced. People with allergies are much more likely to have other health issues, including food allergies, that require changes to be made. The prototypical allergic reaction to vaccine is anaphylaxis, which as an earlier cited report mentioned is easily handled by having the proper treatment and training at hand.

From publichealth.org

What Goes Into a Vaccine?

Aside from antigens, ingredient components of a vaccine include adjuvants, added to enhance the immune system response; antibiotics, to prevent contamination during the manufacturing process; and preservatives and stabilizers.

These additional ingredients are often a source of concern for wary parents and patients. Below is a list of common ingredients in many vaccines, along with information on their purpose and safety.

Thimerosal (ethylmercury)

• Why is it used? This mercury-containing ingredient has been used as a preservative in vaccines since the 1930s. Today, it is only found in vaccines for influenza. Preservatives are necessary for preventing dangerous bacterial or fungal contamination, but thimerosal has since become a major source of vaccine safety concerns.
  • Health concerns? While mercury is a naturally-occurring element found in soil, water, and food, large amounts of it can be harmful, especially for children. Back in 1997, children were receiving three vaccines that together contained more mercury than the EPA recommended limit (though not more than the FDA limit). This led to speculation that thimerosal in vaccines could be linked to autism or other conditions.
  • Is it safe? Years of research have reduced concerns here. The type of mercury found in thimerosal, ethylmercury, differs from methylmercury, the type commonly found in fish and known to be harmful in large amounts. Ethylmercury is broken down and excreted from the body much more quickly than methylmercury, and no scientific study has found a link between ethylmercury and autism or any other harmful effects.
  • Amount in vaccines? Nonetheless, several public health agencies and vaccine manufacturers agreed in 1999 to cease using thimerosal as a precautionary measure. Today, no vaccine contains Thimerosal except the influenza vaccine, and Thimerosal-free alternatives are available.
Formaldehyde

• Why is it used? Formaldehyde has been used for decades in vaccines to inactivate viruses and detoxify bacterial toxins, ensuring they don't result in sickness when injected.
  • Health concerns? The U.S. EPA classifies formaldehyde as a carcinogen, as does the International Agency for Cancer Research and the National Toxicology Program. Additionally, several studies have since linked strong, long-term formaldehyde exposure to certain types of cancer.
  • Is it safe? The potential for harm depends on the amount. Formaldehyde is always present in the human body as part of our natural metabolic process, but long-term exposure to high amounts can overwhelm our system and be harmful. Fortunately, the amount of formaldehyde found in vaccines is very small, most of it being diluted down to residual amounts during the manufacturing process. In fact, the FDA reports there is 50 to 70 times more formaldehyde present in an average newborn's body than in a single dose of vaccine. In brief, current science shows formaldehyde in vaccines to be harmless.
  • Amount in vaccines? The highest amount of formaldehyde present in any vaccine is .02 mg per dose. An average two-month-old baby would have around 1.1 mg of formaldehyde circulating in their body, with higher naturally-occurring amounts for older children.
Aluminum

• Why is it used? Aluminum is used as an adjuvant in vaccines. That is, it makes them more effective by strengthening the immune system response. Thanks to adjuvants, people need fewer doses of vaccine to build immunity.
  • Health concerns? Sometimes the mention of aluminum in vaccines makes parents uneasy; that's because there has been some evidence that long-term exposure to high amounts of aluminum can contribute to brain and bone disease. However, aluminum is naturally present in water, foods, even breast milk. Aluminum has only been shown to harm people if absorbed in very high amounts and when a person's kidneys aren't working properly. In contrast, the amount of aluminum in vaccines is negligible.
  • Is it safe? Aluminum is the third most common naturally-occurring element, after oxygen and silicon. It is found in plants, soil, air, and water. A breast-fed infant will naturally ingest around 7 milligrams of aluminum in her diet throughout the first six months of her life. In contrast, the standard vaccines administered over the first six months of an infant's life contain an average of just 4.4 milligrams of aluminum. Aluminum has been used safely for over six decades in vaccines, with no scientific evidence indicating otherwise.
  • Amount in vaccines? The amount of aluminum in vaccines is tiny. In fact, babies always have a small naturally occurring amount of aluminum in their bloodstreams, about 5 nanograms. The quantity of aluminum in a vaccine is so small it doesn't cause any noticeable raise in this base amount found in the blood, even immediately after an injection.
Antibiotics

• Why are they used? During the production process of some vaccines, antibiotics may be used to counter the risk of dangerous bacterial infection.
  • Health concerns? Concern occasionally arises about antibiotics in vaccines because of the risk of allergic reactions in some children.
  • Is it safe? These fears are greatly exaggerated. Vaccine manufacturers only use antibiotics that are far less likely to provoke a reaction, and because antibiotics are only used during production, they are reduced to trace or undetectable amounts in the final product. In fact, no allergic reaction to a vaccine has ever been traced back to antibiotics. The overall odds a child will suffer from a severe allergic reaction from an MMR or Hepatitis B vaccine, from any ingredient, is 1 in 1,000,000, one hundred times less than the 1 in 10,000 chance a child will be struck by lightning.
  • Amount in vaccines? During the purification steps of the production process, antibiotics are removed, resulting in miniscule or undetectable amounts in the final vaccine.
Gelatin

• Why is it used? Gelatin is used as a preservative and stabilizer, keeping vaccines effective under heat or cold and for the duration of their shelf life.
  • Health concerns? For a very small number of children, gelatin can cause an allergic reaction.
  • Is it safe? While gelatin is the single largest identifiable source of severe allergic reactions from vaccines, the incidence rate is still incredibly small. There is about one case of anaphylaxis caused by gelatin in vaccines for every two million injections.
  • Amount in vaccines? The amount of gelatin varies by vaccine, with the MMR vaccine on the high end, containing 14.5 mg per dose, and the DTaP on the low end, with only 0.0015 mg. Children with a history of gelatin allergies can seek alternatives or exemptions.
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)

• Why is it used? Like gelatin, MSG is used as a preservative and stabilizer in some vaccines, keeping them effective through heat, cold, and shelf life.
  • Health concerns? MSG gained a bad reputation starting in the 1960s after anecdotal reports surfaced of nausea, headaches, flushing, or sweating due to food with MSG. As a result, concern has spread about its use in vaccines. However, these concerns are not supported by scientific research.
  • Is it safe? While the scientific community acknowledges that a very small minority of people may suffer from short-term reactions to MSG, decades of research have not found the element to be harmful. As a result, the Food and Drug Administration, the World Health Organization, and the United Nations all declare MSG to be safe. It has been used for decades and continues to be used in foods as a flavor-enhancer.
  • Amount in vaccines? While some websites have trumped up MSG-based alarm, it is only present in two scheduled vaccines, adenovirus and influenza.

https://www.cdc.gov › vaccines › vac-gen › additives

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org › toxic-myths-about-vaccines

https://www.mcgill.ca › oss › article › health › should-we-worry-about-met...

https://www.sciencemag.org › news › 2017/04 › four-vaccine-myths-and-...

https://time.com › Ideas › vaccines

https://www.chop.edu › centers-programs › vaccine-education-center › alu...

One can believe the myths and BS that say that all the above people are trying to kill us and our children, or one can believe the chiropractic and healthnut industry that Thimerosal is suspended at toxic levels in vaccines, and that aluminum causes autism and Alzheimer's, when indeed both claims have been repeatedly debunked by trusted sources. That's why I call it superstition.. because it's all on the level of Urban Myth.

Wow, thanks for doing the work for me, as I was a bit busy (working 70 hrs/week) now and didn't have time to get specific. I encourage people do some of the research I have done and still do ongoing before I put a needle in my arm with a mysterious substance they say will protect my life.

Unlike some others, I have had some horrifying bad reactions from some drugs I received in the past and don't blindly trust the FDA/Big Pharma's blessings and assurance.

Now, are you trying to tell me Formaldehyde (a very dangerous chemical) is actually safe for human consumption? Oh, but does the FDA claim in the "small quantities" there hasn't been any conclusive studies of serious reactions. Right, well I always trust what the government tells me. They also claim gun ownership has a correlation with suicide and make claims that the high dosages of FDA approved psychotropic drugs those people were taking could not have possibly contributed to any of their emotional and psychological issues. Their studies have disproved such things! We must believe what the government tells us as fact and never question it!

But, since people love government sources, here is an interesting article from the American Cancer Society about Formaldehyde that has been proven to cause cancer in laboratory test animals and even in humans who have been exposed to larger amounts of it in occupational settings:
Exposure to formaldehyde has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory test animals. Exposure to relatively high amounts of formaldehyde in medical and occupational settings has been linked to some types of cancer in humans, but the effect of exposure to small amounts is less clear.

I find it funny the very same posters who are always criticizing the government, their studies and facts derived from so-called "experts" suddenly will blindly accept whatever they write in regards to vaccines. My feeling is fear breeds impulsive reactions and blind faith in a "greater authority".

Once again, I am not an anti-vaxxer and take vaccines occasionally when I feel they are needed and feel the benefits outweigh the risks. That doesn't mean I am going to dose up all the time to prevent an illness that is non life-threatening and I especially think it is risky in children who have developing bodies and are much more sensitive to chemical toxicity, especially used for the long-term.

BTW, Cyanide is a naturally occurring substance that our bodies naturally produce and exhale in very small quantities. So, who here wants to grind up a bowl full of apple seeds and have some fun? I mean its natural and our bodies produce it naturally, right?

If you think Aluminum is harmless then more power to you.. I avoid Aluminum cookware. I do think genetics also play a role in Alzheimers, but you cannot rule out the correlation of substances a person is exposed to in their environment and their genetics. My grandmother wasted away very slowly from Alzheimers disease and always used Aluminum cookware, cooked in Aluminum ,etc. But, my grandfather didn't have Alzeheimers. Maybe she was more susceptible? What if she didn't use so much Aluminum? No clue.. Hard to prove, but Aluminum is not good for you, period. There are also different forms of Aluminum and it absorbs into the body in different ways.

I have yet to read where it has been DISPROVED that Aluminum causes Alzheimers Disease. Rather, there is plenty of studies showing Aluminium can induce neurological problems, but there is no CONCLUSIVE evidence that consuming Aluminium in food or cookware, alone, is the primary cause of Alzheimer's. That doesn't mean I want large amounts of this in my body or taking it in drugs that may have a much more potent form that may be much more bioavailable and cause more long term side effects.

An interesting article from another reputable government research site Pub Med about Aluminium adjuvants used in vaccines. It doesn't make me feel all cozy about these additives in my vaccines:

Aluminum is an experimentally demonstrated neurotoxin and the most commonly used vaccine adjuvant. Despite almost 90 years of widespread use of aluminum adjuvants, medical science's understanding about their mechanisms of action is still remarkably poor. There is also a concerning scarcity of data on toxicology and pharmacokinetics of these compounds. In spite of this, the notion that aluminum in vaccines is safe appears to be widely accepted.

Last Edited:
Why don't I worry as much about pesky vaccines, all the other types of medicine and it's associated people?

Perhaps, because as a codger (ok, a septuagenarian) no medicine made me ill, but have saved my life on more than one occasion.

Thus, I don't feel the 'health care folk' are trying their level best to off me...or I would of croaked long ago, yet still remain above ground and can out work guys half my age.

Yeah, my various joints are getting a bit frayed, (caused by being a manically physical guy) but, that's what meloxicam is for - works for me.

Why don't I worry as much about pesky vaccines, all the other types of medicine and it's associated people?

Perhaps, because as a codger (ok, a septuagenarian) no medicine made me ill, but have saved my life on more than one occasion.

Thus, I don't feel the 'health care folk' are trying their level best to off me...or I would of croaked long ago, yet still remain above ground and can out work guys half my age.

Yeah, my various joints are getting a bit frayed, (caused by being a manically physical guy) but, that's what meloxicam is for - works for me.
There is a difference between being against conventional drugs and wanting to be educated about them.. And, yeah, with the way Big Pharma is integrated into our Federal government and being the most profitable corporation in the world. Big Pharma corporations are the largest money making businesses and have a lot of leverage with the government. That does not sit well with me. I also believe a lot of the drugs are horribly overpriced, since everything must be regulated through the FDA and once again did I mention many on the board work or have financial stakes in these companies that they regulate and approve? It also has resulted in many drugs being pushed through the approval process in manners that are questionable. If an associate of Merck or Glaxo-Smith-Kline is the one approving and regulating their drugs does that make you feel comfortable? I'm sorry, but I am no big fan of a giant centralized government entity telling us what is safe and unsafe and believe we should have many third party and private organizations perform their own laboratory tests and make a consensus of which drugs can be sold. One again, I find it strange the same people who complain about big government (esp in regards to gun rights , taxes, etc) now suddenly entrust all their security to a single, giant bureaucratic government agency. Even when there are large lawsuits against a pharmaceutical company for violations or toxic drugs released on the market, the fines , lawsuits are much less than the profits. Did Merck go out of business after the entire Vioxx epidemic? No, they are still one of the most powerful and wealthiest corporations in the world.

That is not to say I don't respect drugs that are very important and do save people's lives and help people. But, if you think that all the drugs on the market have not caused any problems you are being a little short-sighted , in my opinion.

I am thankful BATFE, ATF and NSA are keeping me safe today from potential crimes and gun regulations and the FDA protects my health with all their approved drugs.

iknowwhatsbestforyougovt-01.jpg
url

Wow, thanks for doing the work for me, as I was a bit busy (working 70 hrs/week) now and didn't have time to get specific. I encourage people do some of the research I have done and still do ongoing before I put a needle in my arm with a mysterious substance they say will protect my life.

Unlike some others, I have had some horrifying bad reactions from some drugs I received in the past and don't blindly trust the FDA/Big Pharma's blessings and assurance.

Now, are you trying to tell me Formaldehyde (a very dangerous chemical) is actually safe for human consumption? Oh, but does the FDA claim in the "small quantities" there hasn't been any conclusive studies of serious reactions. Right, well I always trust what the government tells me. They also claim gun ownership has a correlation with suicide and make claims that the high dosages of FDA approved psychotropic drugs those people were taking could not have possibly contributed to any of their emotional and psychological issues. Their studies have disproved such things! We must believe what the government tells us as fact and never question it!

But, since people love government sources, here is an interesting article from the American Cancer Society about Formaldehyde that has been proven to cause cancer in laboratory test animals and even in humans who have been exposed to larger amounts of it in occupational settings:

I find it funny the very same posters who are always criticizing the government, their studies and facts derived from so-called "experts" suddenly will blindly accept whatever they write in regards to vaccines. My feeling is fear breeds impulsive reactions and blind faith in a "greater authority".

Once again, I am not an anti-vaxxer and take vaccines occasionally when I feel they are needed and feel the benefits outweigh the risks. That doesn't mean I am going to dose up all the time to prevent an illness that is non life-threatening and I especially think it is risky in children who have developing bodies and are much more sensitive to chemical toxicity, especially used for the long-term.

BTW, Cyanide is a naturally occurring substance that our bodies naturally produce and exhale in very small quantities. So, who here wants to grind up a bowl full of apple seeds and have some fun? I mean its natural and our bodies produce it naturally, right?

If you think Aluminum is harmless then more power to you.. I avoid Aluminum cookware. I do think genetics also play a role in Alzheimers, but you cannot rule out the correlation of substances a person is exposed to in their environment and their genetics. My grandmother wasted away very slowly from Alzheimers disease and always used Aluminum cookware, cooked in Aluminum ,etc. But, my grandfather didn't have Alzeheimers. Maybe she was more susceptible? What if she didn't use so much Aluminum? No clue.. Hard to prove, but Aluminum is not good for you, period. There are also different forms of Aluminum and it absorbs into the body in different ways.

I have yet to read where it has been DISPROVED that Aluminum causes Alzheimers Disease. Rather, there is plenty of studies showing Aluminium can induce neurological problems, but there is no CONCLUSIVE evidence that consuming Aluminium in food or cookware, alone, is the primary cause of Alzheimer's. That doesn't mean I want large amounts of this in my body or taking it in drugs that may have a much more potent form that may be much more bioavailable and cause more long term side effects.

An interesting article from another reputable government research site Pub Med about Aluminium adjuvants used in vaccines. It doesn't make me feel all cozy about these additives in my vaccines:

You seem very hung up on FDA and other government. I'm sorry you have to live in so much fear.

I have provided several non-governmental sources for info, yet you go on ad-nauseum about government... <sigh>

Here's another:

No convincing relationship between amount of exposure or aluminium in the body and the development of Alzheimer's disease has been established. Aluminium, metals and dementia

No doubt Alzeimers.org doesn't work for you either. Wallow in your healthnut industry talking points and your conspiracy theories. It's fine. I've seen it all before and it appears that neither of us are going to change our minds. I just hope people like you don't come around carrying the flu bug and wind up killing me.

4f,

Conspiracies 'are'' fun.

Here's one of my favorites: birkenstock sandals give you cancer.

Smoking weed (big farma hates this stuff) gives you emphysema, ah, along with euphoria...

Protesting gives you flat feet.

And plain old paranoia gives you peptic ulcers.

It's a tough, tough world...

You seem very hung up on FDA and other government. I'm sorry you have to live in so much fear.

I have provided several non-governmental sources for info, yet you go on ad-nauseum about government... <sigh>

Here's another:

No convincing relationship between amount of exposure or aluminium in the body and the development of Alzheimer's disease has been established. Aluminium, metals and dementia

No doubt Alzeimers.org doesn't work for you either. Wallow in your healthnut industry talking points and your conspiracy theories. It's fine. I've seen it all before and it appears that neither of us are going to change our minds. I just hope people like you don't come around carrying the flu bug and wind up killing me.

Who approves and regulates these drugs? And government and drug companies have become too synonymous.. And, yeah I do live in fear at times.. Try getting rushed to the ER with a bad drug reaction. I won't go into details.

I also provided links that challenge the theories and I respect your opinion and don't trash talk you, but you have to attack me because I don't agree with you and accept everything the medical community or government instructs me I have to believe.

Wow, so I question the safety of vaccines and I a now one of those horrible health nuts. Damn health nuts.. How dare I question the safety of government approved vaccines. Vaccines are infallible and so are our drug companies. I should have known better.

Flu bug? I was in Africa half a year and was exposed to much worse things than the flu.. By the way, I didn't even take malaria meds and was bitten by lots of mosquitoes, drank African moonshine with the villagers and had typhoid infested flies, hepatitis infested water all over me. Iwas bitten by Tse-Tse flies that carry African sleeping sickness , among other things. I had people with TB coughing on me.. I did humanitarian work with children and women who were HIV Positive and dying of AIDS. Yet, here I am and I cannot remember the last time I had the flu or a fever. I had a few bad colds back when I was working 80 hrs/week and sleeping on average 3 hours a night. I get colds time to time , but that's just natural process of life.. I tend to knock them out quickly .. Cut down on sugars, carbs, lots of water, tea, vitamin C, Zinc.. BTW, do you know that Zinc and Vitamin D can help reduce the severity of many viral illnesses? I know more health nut conspiracy junk.

But, I am just a silly health nut full of conspiracy theories what do I know? I must have survived all the ailments and diseases in Africa by luck. I didn't even get diarrhea or malaria on my last trip, although my first trip I did go to the hospital in Arusha, Tanzania with diarrhea and had to take some cipro. My body wasn't use to the germs and I made the mistake of eating at a buffet. But, I learned a few things on my second trip to Ghana.

Oh BTW, let me tell you the story of the German guy I met who was taking his daily Malarone pills ($5/pill in USA) and still came down with cerebral malaria and had to be rushed to ICU in an American military hospital in Ghana. He did everything he was suppose to and still came down with malaria. I took Artemisinin, Olive Leaf extracts, Oregano Oil and other natural supplements and I didn't get malaria. It must have been voodoo magic that saved me though because my medical doctors told me that was not possible. You should have seen the dark veins in his arm from all the cholorquin and drug cocktails they had to pump into him to save his life. He said he was thankful to be alive and shocked the drugs didn't prevent his malaria like he was told.

Also, there are plenty of herbs, natural supplements and dietary things you can do to fight the flu.. Maybe you should just stop buying into all the government fear-mongering that the flu is the bug of death, when people have been fighting it off with much less technology and resources we have today?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads