JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Parenthetically, I've read more than one reference to a late, or post-war, variant that was magazine fed. (IIRC, one was recorded in use during the Spanish Civil War. Possible, I guess, though dubious. Or it could have been one of the wacky, cobbled together creations during those chaotic times.)

I've yet to ever see photographic evidence to that effect. Anyone seen one? Just curious.

The Russians had some anti-tank rifles (though NOT Kurz) built along the same line of thinking. They were effective against the early German Panzers (especially when used on the Panzer's side plates).

The Russian movie 28 Panfilov's showed some early Russian efforts with killing German tanks.

Trailer:

And, if you have more time to watch the entire movie:

However, as the war went on......the Germans wised up and went with side skirts and even heavier tank armor. Such is warfare.

Aloha, Mark

PS....more on the subject.

Last Edited:
These are a pretty rare and valuable item. I've seen a couple in museums and knew a guy in Calif. who owned one privately. These were 13.2x92 mm. In early WW2, the Germans had another single shot anti-tank rifle, the PzB38 and the improved PzB39. These used a different cartridge, 8x94mm. Looked like a US 50 cal. with an 8mm bullet. But armor development was such that these were obsolete fairly quickly and many were later converted to grenade launchers.

I suppose recoil was pretty stout on the T-Gewehr, what with no recoil pad and only that little wooden pistol grip (and ground mounting) to help mitigate it. The PzB39 had a semi-circular recoil pad, like one side of the dual set up on a 20mm Oerlikon AA gun.

Hummm......on the subject of anti-tank rifles. Well, that is if you would call a 20mm round a "rifle" round.

I can remember seeing For Sale Ads, in some magazines of the time, back when I was a kid.

Aloha, Mark

20mm ad and the magazine it is in.

EB35B132-505D-4616-997A-C79A32E80AAD.jpeg 2AC5E40B-1D0A-48A8-B252-6D68E87D8FB3.jpeg

AND....
Today I ran across this.

Aloha, Mark

PS....there was one for sale in 50BMG just a while ago. I don't know if it's still available but a quick search will connect you to the ad.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top