Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

German 98k in .30-06

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Combat8mm, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Combat8mm

Combat8mm Washtucna Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here are some pics of my bsw 98k rebarreled by Norway after ww2.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Nice!:)

Wanna sell it?;)

Or better yet, give it to me as a gift:p:D

3. Combat8mm

Haha! Not a chance.

Joe13 likes this.
  4. Dapapadon

Dapapadon Gladstone, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nice rifle!

5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Very nice!

6. MrNatural

MrNatural Oregon Well-Known Member

The Norwegian re-barrels have about the best reputation for rebuilds of any other country. As I'm of Norwegian extraction, I've been looking for one. I'd be interested to know what you paid for yours.

You can find some more information on them here:

http://www.milsurps.com/content.php...06)-Mauser-Rifle-(Mfg-by-J.P.-Sauer-und-Sohn)

Do the numbers match on yours? Many of the Norwegian rebuilds have matching numbers. Quite remarkable in itself. At least the stock appears to be a swap. 1938 guns commonly had single-wood stocks. Laminated stocks didn't really become common until after 1942.

The specific branch of the Norwegian military the rifle belonged to is engraved on the 10 o'clock position of the receiver ring, just above the serial number. Can't make it out from your pic. What is it?

I'd be very interested to know how it shoots. They are said to be unusually accurate. A lot of Norwegian .30-06 barrels were surplused, imported here and sold years ago and were premium quality stuff!

Great score, pal. Should you ever decide to part with it, please put me first on the serious buyers list. I'll give it a really good home.

7. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

That's not bad looking friend. How does she shoot?

8. Combat8mm

Haven't shot it.