JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here are some pics of my bsw 98k rebarreled by Norway after ww2.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Norwegian re-barrels have about the best reputation for rebuilds of any other country. As I'm of Norwegian extraction, I've been looking for one. I'd be interested to know what you paid for yours.

You can find some more information on them here:

http://www.milsurps.com/content.php...06)-Mauser-Rifle-(Mfg-by-J.P.-Sauer-und-Sohn)

Do the numbers match on yours? Many of the Norwegian rebuilds have matching numbers. Quite remarkable in itself. At least the stock appears to be a swap. 1938 guns commonly had single-wood stocks. Laminated stocks didn't really become common until after 1942.

The specific branch of the Norwegian military the rifle belonged to is engraved on the 10 o'clock position of the receiver ring, just above the serial number. Can't make it out from your pic. What is it?

I'd be very interested to know how it shoots. They are said to be unusually accurate. A lot of Norwegian .30-06 barrels were surplused, imported here and sold years ago and were premium quality stuff!

Great score, pal. Should you ever decide to part with it, please put me first on the serious buyers list. I'll give it a really good home.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top