JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Boy howdy did this just make me feel good! Feel great! While reading it, I let out a "(expletive) yeah" out loud!
I finally feel like someone is actually fighting back. Amidst all the fear and hurt and ignorance that is being shed throughout our country, there is a state that is saying enough.
Shall not be infringed.

Georgia lawmakers yank tax break for Delta after airline cuts ties with NRA Georgia lawmakers yank tax break for Delta after airline cuts ties with NRA

Yes. And Delta's statement that they wish to "remain neutral to political debate" by changing policy.
Man I'm so excited about this.

Delta's short lived anti-gun favor will soon be replaced by ANTIFA Anti-Business scorn...Nice work Delta. Oh enjoy your stupid tax.

I think this could blow up pretty big. It's not just some media craze, this is our government standing up directly to punish those who challenge our 2nd amendment rights. Well, sort of our government. At least if you live in that state :)
Way to go, Georgia!

That's great! State legislators punish a private company (Delta) for its decision to terminate a discount for the members of another private organization (the NRA).

So when liberal states start punishing companies that give NRA members discounts or engage in other behavior they don't like, we'll all be cheering, right?

I think not.

That's great! State legislators punish a private company (Delta) for its decision to terminate a discount for the members of another private organization (the NRA).

So when liberal states start punishing companies that give NRA members discounts or engage in other behavior they don't like, we'll all be cheering, right?

I think not.

Hmm I completely see your point. My enthusiasm was short lived.
But for a minute, I felt like I had a really, really big brother championing my interests.

So not giving a company a tax break is punishment? I thought it was always a discretionary. I wish states would quit giving obscene tax breaks to companies to locate or expand in their state, then passing the tax burden on to private citizens.

So not giving a company a tax break is punishment? I thought it was always a discretionary. I wish states would quit giving obscene tax breaks to companies to locate or expand in their state, then passing the tax burden on to private citizens.

You sure are right here. Nike, Intel, PCP, the list is huge. Although I'm not sure how the burden ultimately works out, because it's creating jobs in the process?
In any case, WWShooter makes a very valid point about the same tax tools being used in anti-gun agendas from liberal held seats. I hate to think of the damage it could do to my favorite little gun shop down the road.

... the same tax tools being used in anti-gun agendas from liberal held seats.

Seattle's new tax on guns and ammunition started two years ago; that's pretty close to home.
Meanwhile, in Chicago, two politicians just introduced legislation to increase the tax on ammunition to 50%

It goes the other way as well. Mississippi established a 'tax holiday weekend' on guns and ammo four years ago. I think Louisiana has a similar tax holiday weekend on firearms & ammo.

To my mind, there is nothing precedent-setting in Georgia's decision to not provide a tax break to Delta Airlines. Governments, at all levels, have been making laws, setting tax rates, and providing favorable [or dis-incentive] treatment to citizens and corporations since before I was born. Sometimes the politicians plainly state their motivation, and other times they just confuse correlation with causation.

I think not.
And that will happen. I agree. Bad precedent.

This sure feels good though right now.

The true elitist are coming out. A billionaires fight. From Dicks to Delta. The Bloombergs' are so close to getting what they've been paying politicians for. However, someone like Feinstein is going to mess up.

The drum beat is, weapons of war. The chorus is assault weapons. The song is, it's for the children. The book Animal Farm, comes to mind. All pigs are equal. Yes, I know it's animals. Pigs is more fitting.

I think not.

You mean like when obama's IRS declined to give the tax status to the Tea Party member's?:eek::eek:

The true elitist are coming out. A billionaires fight. From Dicks to Delta. The Bloombergs' are so close to getting what they've been paying politicians for. However, someone like Feinstein is going to mess up.

The drum beat is, weapons of war. The chorus is assault weapons. The song is, it's for the children. The book Animal Farm, comes to mind. All pigs are equal. Yes, I know it's animals. Pigs is more fitting.

I keep telling liberals to worry about the 480,000 who died from tobacco last year, or all the millions of dead babies, care of Planned Parenthood--
but they seem more interested in pissing Us off

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top