JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
George Zimmerman's girlfriend recants allegations he threatened her with gun - U.S. News

The woman who told Florida authorities in November that George Zimmerman threatened her with a gun during a heated argument recanted the allegations in documents released Monday — saying that she does not want him charged, according to a signed affidavit.

Samantha Scheibe, who refers to Zimmerman as her "boyfriend," said in a sworn statement obtained by NBC News that she felt intimidated when she was questioned by police about the Nov. 18 incident. The affidavit was attached to a motion by Zimmerman's attorney seeking to modify the conditions of her client's bond in his domestic violence case.

"I believe that the police misinterpreted me and that I may have misspoken about certain facts in my statement to the police. I do not feel that the arrest report accurately recounts what happened," she said.

Scheibe had told a 911 operator and deputies last month that she and Zimmerman were having a "verbal dispute" and she alleged that he pointed a long-barreled shotgun at her.

Zimmerman was arrested and later charged with felony aggravated assault, misdemeanor battery and misdemeanor criminal mischief, according to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office. He was directed to stay away from Scheibe's residence, among other orders.

But in the affidavit released Monday, Scheibe said: "George never pointed a gun at or toward my face in a threatening manner."

In the 911 tapes released from the Nov. 18 incident, Zimmerman denied brandishing a weapon at his girlfriend.

In the affidavit, Scheibe goes on to say that she contacted Zimmerman's lawyer, Jayne Weintraub, "to ask if there is any way that the stay away order can be lifted so that we can talk and be together."

"I am not afraid of George in any manner and I want to be with him," Scheibe stated.

When reached for comment by NBC News, Florida State Attorney 18th Judicial Court spokeswoman Lynne Hooper said that the office received a copy of the affidavit and the "State Attorney will take it into consideration as the case enters its final review for a filing decision."

Seminole County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Kim Cannaday declined to comment.

Zimmerman, 30, was acquitted earlier this year of all charges in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

The last sentence says Zimmerman was acquitted, I thought he was found not guilty!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

#SomebubblegumesBeCrazy

Poor George, no matter what woman he marries he is going to be pistol whipped for life. All she has to do is cry wolf, I mean "gun", if he steps out of line.

It won't matter what he does. They will eventually do an OJ on this guy. He'll be set up to take a fall. You don't walk away with a non guilty verdict, free for life, when gov has a hard on to put you away or worse.

Every opportunity to arrest this guy will be immediately seized upon and if that is not enough a situation will be manufactured for him. "Hey, these guys in room 712 are selling stuff they stole from you - hurry and we can catch them!" (Then make sure one of them is carrying a pistol).

He'll get pulled over and a sack of cocaine will be found in his car, planted in advance. Come on, this stuff happens ALL the time. You don't think all the people sitting in jail are actually guilty of the crimes they were arrested for, do you?

Sorry Z, you are toast and you don't even know it yet.

I understand Zimmerman is like the gun owners version of the Kardasians for some reason people think anyone really cares what goes on it their lives but really we don't. I personally would be tickled to death to not hear about what this guy is doing PERIOD.

It won't matter what he does. They will eventually do an OJ on this guy. He'll be set up to take a fall. You don't walk away with a non guilty verdict, free for life, when gov has a hard on to put you away or worse.

Every opportunity to arrest this guy will be immediately seized upon and if that is not enough a situation will be manufactured for him. "Hey, these guys in room 712 are selling stuff they stole from you - hurry and we can catch them!" (Then make sure one of them is carrying a pistol).

He'll get pulled over and a sack of cocaine will be found in his car, planted in advance. Come on, this stuff happens ALL the time. You don't think all the people sitting in jail are actually guilty of the crimes they were arrested for, do you?

Sorry Z, you are toast and you don't even know it yet.

You just reminded me of the old Tom Selleck movie An Innocent Man. Great flick

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand Zimmerman is like the gun owners version of the Kardasians for some reason people think anyone really cares what goes on it their lives but really we don't. I personally would be tickled to death to not hear about what this guy is doing PERIOD.

I think Zimmerman feels exactly the same way.

This guy should really just move somewhere else and lay low for a while.
Perhaps move to a pro castle doctrine/stand your ground state.

I thought FL already was.

Deen
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I thought FL already was.

Deen
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Not any more.
One more case like his with the wrong media coverage and its done for.

Venue is everything people. You won't get the same treatment in Miami as you will in Bozeman. It's one reason why I would never live in a big city

The criminal 'justice' system is designed to fill corporate for profit prisons with us pee-ons. Zimmerman is a pee-on. He'll be admitted soon enough.

Of course, if you have lots of cash and/or political power, influence, you really don't have to worry about jail. If that were not the case just about all of mis-leaders would be in prison.

Or this guy ... kills FOUR people, no jail time.

Affluenza: Too Rich to Be Punished, a Teen Gets Away with Murder...Literally | The Daily Sheeple

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top