JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Oddly enough, the officer's knee is only slightly off the standard prone cuffing position taught in the academy. The position is medically approved because it limits the chance of harm to the offender.....if the offender stops resisting. When they resist or don't follow commands, the chance of being hurt goes way up.

If he turns his left knee about 10 degrees clockwise and puts pressure more between the shoulder blades, dude might be alive.
Yep, I have often had to use just this routine to control someone. As I watched it I was in awe that the one kept his knee on the guys neck and acted like it was nothing. I could see it if the guy was actively fighting BEFORE the cuffs went on. As soon as they had cuffs on the LEO should have made sure he was not pressing on the neck like that. They said before filming they had tried to put him in their car and he kept fighting so they put him back on the ground. Fine, have had to do this while waiting for help.
Bottom line is at least one of them is going to prison. Said they fired 4 of them over this. Not sure how the others were involved as all I could see was the two. The one with his knee in the neck the Feds are watching this. If he gets off on state charged the Feds will take him down. This kind of stuff is bad enough when Cops do not know they are on tape. These two could see they were being filmed and acted like this? I hope they enjoyed that job, they will never work in this field again and the one will be a convicted felon before this is over. Such a stupid waste as it was completely unnecessary .:mad:

This is a terrible situation but is it firearm related news? I don't recall a firearm in this story at all.
You are absolutely correct. It is more of an off-topic thing, isn't it? The only firearm involved is the one that the cop didn't use. It's more of a racial/cop thing, sure to stir up plenty of discord.

I just have one comment about racial issues. Like other cultural problems, there are too many facets, angles, and perspectives to be solved easily, if at all. Each culture generally has their own perspective, and seeing anything outside that perspective is very difficult. Americans of European decent are far more likely to see no racism, even when there is some, and African-Americans are more likely to see racism even where there is none. Both sides are sincere, and truly believe they are right. Based on their cultural upbringing and experiences, this is incredibly difficult to get past.

I think a start is made when the average white American realizes that racial inequality does still exist, and when the average black American realizes that not everything is about race.

Beyond that simplistic thought I really don't have any answers. I just try to treat everyone with respect, no matter who they are, and try to teach my kids the same.

I apologize to trevi if I misread and jumped to inaccurate conclusions about your perspective.

You are absolutely correct. It is more of an off-topic thing, isn't it? The only firearm involved is the one that the cop didn't use. It's more of a racial/cop thing, sure to stir up plenty of discord.

I just have one comment about racial issues. Like other cultural problems, there are too many facets, angles, and perspectives to be solved easily, if at all. Each culture generally has their own perspective, and seeing anything outside that perspective is very difficult. Americans of European decent are far more likely to see no racism, even when there is some, and African-Americans are more likely to see racism even where there is none. Both sides are sincere, and truly believe they are right. Based on their cultural upbringing and experiences, this is incredibly difficult to get past.

I think a start is made when the average white American realizes that racial inequality does still exist, and when the average black American realizes that not everything is about race.

Beyond that simplistic thought I really don't have any answers. I just try to treat everyone with respect, no matter who they are, and try to teach my kids the same.

I apologize to trevi if I misread and jumped to inaccurate conclusions about your perspective.
No hay problemo conmigo, amigo. All is well on my end regarding this rhetoric. I am not one to harbour feelings over postings on the net or in person.

You raised good points in this post.

Not sure it is wise to refer to blacks and thugs in the same sentence..... Many offenders who are nabbed and face a short jail or penitentiary sentence get out and be stupid again. Regardless their skin colour.

I cannot speak for same race-on-race crime that plagues all countries but I look at it as let the stupids eradicate themselves. Gang life is not much of a life, and by gang that applies to all its similar names, ie: mafia, cartel, posse, and more.

We obviously see this and similar situations very differently. I am old enought to recall the news coverage all the way to my school in the UK and home in Brasil in the wake of Rodney King, I also recall Mr. Bean doing a performace the same week Princess Diana died. Tragedy befalls everywhere, some more searious and ludracris than others.
Thugs in my vocabulary have no color. All races have thugs. The dictionary agrees with me:
a violent person, especially a criminal.
"he was attacked by a gang of thugs"

I won't bow down to SJWs trying to limit our vocabulary.

I've seen many arrest videos were the behavior of the cops was questionable. Too many don't seem to understand the human body. I played college judo, followed by many years of karate and Tai Chi. I guarantee that there are effective techniques for controlling an opponent, but many cops seem oblivious. It shouldn't take 4 cops to take down one guy. Arms bars, Shime waza, and pressure point attacks work wonders - and fast. A person should NEVER kneel on a constrained subject's neck. What was he thinking? He clearly has no sense of key physical vulnerabilities.

Wow, I'm obviously not paying enough attention cause this is the first I've heard of this. That was so horrible, and disgusting, and sad. It doesn't matter if it was called for to begin with, Floyd clearly became unresponsive, that officer had to have felt that. He was unresponsive for minutes. Was someone checking his pulse?

What can a citizen do at that point? They literally watched a helpless man killed (slowly) right in front of them. I feel like morally, they should have physically tried to stop what was happening, and I bet they felt they should have, but in the end, what can you do? Cause chances are pretty high someone ends up shot if they tried to step in, and I'm sure they knew that. Or they in turn are arrested. So what could have been done? Watch a guy get killed, I guess.

Were those two other cops behind the car (from another video) there the whole time?

This is just absolutely horrid.

Wow, I'm obviously not paying enough attention cause this is the first I've heard of this. That was so horrible, and disgusting, and sad. It doesn't matter if it was called for to begin with, Floyd clearly became unresponsive, that officer had to have felt that. He was unresponsive for minutes. Was someone checking his pulse?

What can a citizen do at that point? They literally watched a helpless man killed (slowly) right in front of them. I feel like morally, they should have physically tried to stop what was happening, and I bet they felt they should have, but in the end, what can you do? Cause chances are pretty high someone ends up shot if they tried to step in, and I'm sure they knew that. Or they in turn are arrested. So what could have been done? Watch a guy get killed, I guess.

Were those two other cops behind the car (from another video) there the whole time?

This is just absolutely horrid.
Sure if you were there and packing, you could have pulled your firearm and ordered the officer to remove his knee from the suspects neck. I doubt he or his fellow officers would have responded in a manner you would hope for. My guess is you might be the one in the morgue or at best sitting in county waiting for your trial. At least then you would have the satisfaction that maybe you saved the suspects life.

Much of society places an extraordinary amount of trust and power in the hands of LEOs. If we were to intervene everytime we thought an injustice was occurring, it would lead to chaos. Especially in communities where police are less trusted and respected.

That is why when an LEO really screws up we usually rely on the courts and juries to make it right. As a citizen you can observe and document potential injustices and hope that the courts and juries can iron it out.

Well, to make a fair comparison, I grew up in Germany and am now living in America. Some things here are just more... lets just call it outdated to what I observe. That means no offense but is a simple observation. But then I consider that age of the countries compared and think "meh, america will get there" but by no means can one call the United States "technolgically advanced" when you have seen how other countries do things.

Well, to make a fair comparison, I grew up in Germany and am now living in America. Some things here are just more... lets just call it outdated to what I observe. That means no offense but is a simple observation. But then I consider that age of the countries compared and think "meh, america will get there" but by no means can one call the United States "technolgically advanced" when you have seen how other countries do things.
Let's hope we don't "get there" when it comes to Germany's gun control laws. I am happy rolling old school here in the US.

The United States is pretty easily one of the most technically advanced nations in the world. This is a social issue. People thinking that they are better than other people for stupid reasons is the basis of this issue. This post is ludicrous, friend.

Last Edited:
No politics needed with this one. We need to look at this as a man being murdered in the street by a police officer. This is 2nd degree murder caught on video. I don't know what we do to the other officers, but the specific officer in question should be going to jail for a good amount of time.
There are situations in which officers make the wrong snap judgement and something bad happens. Police officers are absolutely human and can err. That is not what happened here. This officer continually made the decision for 7 minutes. He made the decision to kill him. Floyd was dead on the ground.

The United States is pretty easily one of the most technically advanced nations in the world. This is a social issue. People thinking that they are better than other people for stupid reasons is the basis of this issue. This post is ludicrous, friend.
Germany is "ahead" of the US in tax rates. A german worker making the equivalent of 62k usd of taxable income is thrown in to 42% tax bracket, plus solidarity tax, plus 8 to 9% church tax (for church members), plus whatever local and sales type taxes they have.

I do like the idea of the Fraunhofer Institutes, sort of like the Bell Labs we used to have.

One lesson I hope more will take from this. Look at what is happening in the city. Riots. MANY innocent people are caught in the middle of this, mobs. Some stores have armed people standing in front to keep the mobs away. Sound familiar to anyone? We have seen this before, many just choose to pretend it will never happen. So those who think anyone who actively prepares for some mass mob action are kooks wearing tinfoil, ask. If some moron does something like this in my city? What will happen if mobs riot where I live and the Police stand by doing nothing. Will I be ok? If you are lucky enough to live out,way out, in the country, AND you do not need to go to city to work and such? Great you can wait it out. For those of us who either live in or near, or have to work there? This is why I carry some of what many would consider "out of the norm" firearms with me when I go to work. Call it a "truck gun" or whatever. You do not know that while you are working something like this may explode. Just like in LA here we go again. 911 is not coming to help so you need to be able to help yourself. Going to happen to you or me? Most likely no. Does not mean I do not keep what I need just in case. If I ever need it? Will be glad I let others call me a kook when I make it home safe.

Germany is "ahead" of the US in tax rates. A german worker making the equivalent of 62k usd of taxable income is thrown in to 42% tax bracket, plus solidarity tax, plus 8 to 9% church tax (for church members), plus whatever local and sales type taxes they have.

I do like the idea of the Fraunhofer Institutes, sort of like the Bell Labs we used to have.
Think about what those taxes ACTUALLY pay for. If you have raised children or currently are and feel it is your duty to put them through college, well in the US, college is outrageous in cost and no better than many other developed nations. Medical and law, and all public universities is free, even graduate school. Private university is not free but VERY affordable. Healthcare is paid for by taxes and is quite great. I have not met many poor Germans in Germany. Different countries, different governing ideas.

One lesson I hope more will take from this. Look at what is happening in the city. Riots. MANY innocent people are caught in the middle of this, mobs. Some stores have armed people standing in front to keep the mobs away. Sound familiar to anyone? We have seen this before, many just choose to pretend it will never happen. So those who think anyone who actively prepares for some mass mob action are kooks wearing tinfoil, ask. If some moron does something like this in my city? What will happen if mobs riot where I live and the Police stand by doing nothing. Will I be ok? If you are lucky enough to live out,way out, in the country, AND you do not need to go to city to work and such? Great you can wait it out. For those of us who either live in or near, or have to work there? This is why I carry some of what many would consider "out of the norm" firearms with me when I go to work. Call it a "truck gun" or whatever. You do not know that while you are working something like this may explode. Just like in LA here we go again. 911 is not coming to help so you need to be able to help yourself. Going to happen to you or me? Most likely no. Does not mean I do not keep what I need just in case. If I ever need it? Will be glad I let others call me a kook when I make it home safe.
I agree with you and the police can't or won't even protect their own buildings so I wouldn't count on them helping me out in this type of situation:

MNPolice052820.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews