JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I am pretty sure it was established that "this" is about brutality against minority persons is far greater than against the majority persons by our civil servants.
I watch and read world news in other languages that i know well and even translated ones and i am hard pressed to find similar situations abroad.

In Brasil, the police will shoot just about anyone who is outside when they raid a favela, to avoid this a special siren is deployed. Do not come out after that. A favela is the ghetto where drug dealers often live and operate.
Far greater does not equal never happens.

You are mistakenly comparing homogenous societies with ours in the USA. Especially if you can be identified as one of the group, even partly.

Not to mention the fact that proactive policing in many other countries is nonexistent.

Far greater does not equal never happens.

You are mistakenly comparing homogenous societies with ours in the USA. Especially if you can be identified as one of the group, even partly.

Not to mention the fact that proactive policing in many other countries is nonexistent.
Mate, I do not know how much you have travelled abroad, but yes, some in countries policing is not very active and maybe because crime is so little. UK, Belgium, Japan, Canada, and surely in many others you may go a day without seeing a police patrol. But in Russia, Ukraine, China, most of South America, Germany, France, and many more, it is not uncommon to see the national police in pairs walking about armed with black rifles and pistols. And when they do stop a person, I have not seen them pointing their guns without reason or do other harrasment actions, not even on the news or by word of mouth. I just asked my cousin here how the police treat many people here in Colombia and they said it is like they do not notice them.

And, no, I am not biased, because I "can be identified as one of the groups," I am stating and sharing my experience involving civil servants.

Oddly enough, the officer's knee is only slightly off the standard prone cuffing position taught in the academy. The position is medically approved because it limits the chance of harm to the offender.....if the offender stops resisting. When they resist or don't follow commands, the chance of being hurt goes way up.

If he turns his left knee about 10 degrees clockwise and puts pressure more between the shoulder blades, dude might be alive.

Oddly enough, the officer's knee is only slightly off the standard prone cuffing position taught in the academy. The position is medically approved because it limitS the chance of harm to the offender.....if the offender stops resisting. When they resist or don't follow commands, the chance of being hurt goes way up.
I do not see how that can be a medically approved restraint. It is hard enogh to break a persons neck like they do in movies using hands from a near-like choke hold but leaning with your knee on a persons cervical spine should never be approve because of the network of muscle and bone encasing the widpipe - it does not take much to crush it especially when the persons face is turned to the side, it is even worse when their chin is on the ground and head is tilted back. Not to mention, the officer was on him too long, well past his first point of convulsion, plus the mate was handcuffed. It was not like he could push himself up from the ground and become uncontrollable.

Oddly enough, the officer's knee is only slightly off the standard prone cuffing position taught in the academy. The position is medically approved because it limits the chance of harm to the offender.....if the offender stops resisting. When they resist or don't follow commands, the chance of being hurt goes way up.

If he turns his left knee about 10 degrees clockwise and puts pressure more between the shoulder blades, dude might be alive.
The video shows the officer with knee on neck for at least 7min.

I'll give you the position up until the point of cuffing. I guarantee if you sit on me like that for more than 10 seconds my fight or flight is going into overdrive. And could you blame me? You'd be killing me.

This officer isn't worthy of the name; he is a murderer.

I do not see how that can be a medically approved restraint. It is hard enogh to break a persons neck like they do in movies using hands from a near-like choke hold but leaning with your knee on a persons cervical spine should never be approve because of the network of muscle and bone encasing the widpipe - it does not take much to crush it especially when the persons face is turned to the side, it is even worse when their chin is on the ground and head is tilted back. Not to mention, the officer was on him too long, well past his first point of convulsion, plus the mate was handcuffed. It was not like he could push himself up from the ground and become uncontrollable.
Handcuffs alone would not prevent this guy from doing damage. The neck restraint is taught in their PD as the article I posted mentions. Not defending the length of time but ultimately the guy could have prevented any knee on neck time if he hadn't resisted from the get go.

I didn't say he was in the correct position, but he is just a few inches off. All the difference in the world.

The video shows the officer with knee on neck for at least 7min.

I'll give you the position up until the point of cuffing. I guarantee if you sit on me like that for more than 10 seconds my fight or flight is going into overdrive. And could you blame me? You'd be killing me.

This officer isn't worthy of the name; he is a murderer.

We are trained that if something isn't working, do something else! Something else never happened. Even if you don't cause structural damage other things happens. Lactic acid buildup, rhabdomyolisis, etc.

If the only goal is to have someone sit still, sure. Once people started to show up, I'd be working to get the cuffs on and roll him over. But, I'm not that guy and can't feel whats going on through the video.
We don't have a view of the entire situation. I saw another video of when they first asked him to get out of the car. He was already resisting at that point and who knows how combative he was in between those videos? I am sure they get told all kinds of things by suspects about how they can't breath, etc. I am going to reserve my judgement until the investigation is complete. I do believe Mr. Floyd would be alive today if he hadn't resisted from the get go. I seriously doubt the cops were driving down the road and said hey there's a black guy let's go knee neck him to death.

Handcuffs alone would not prevent this guy from doing damage. The neck restraint is taught in their PD as the article I posted mentions. Not defending the length of time but ultimately the guy could have prevented any knee on neck time if he hadn't resisted from the get go.
I imagine putting cuffs on someone after they begin resisting is more difficult than before, and this man was cuffed and in prone position, it takes a trained individual to be able to calculate how to get out of that position while cuffed. I have seen other police videos in other scenarios where police would ride on the offenders back near their hips, this is a Judo maneuver and it helps maintain control of many people.

There are 320 million+ people in this country, hundreds of thousands of police, spending millions and millions of man hours policing. Things are going to go wrong, bad stuff is going to happen. I get tired of all the America bashing and police bashing when these things are rare enough to be big news.

If the grass is so much greener, have at it I guess.

We are a largely populated, diverse country this gives you more angles at which to cut your narrative from the fabric of facts.
I cannot help what people ask me in my travels. They have access to the same news outlets as any of us, so those fabrics of facts remain facts to many of us.

As for largely populated and diverse, why do we still have injustice related largely to race, seperate from clashes with the law?

There are 320 million+ people in this country, hundreds of thousands of police, spending millions and millions of man hours policing. Things are going to go wrong, bad stuff is going to happen. I get tired of all the America bashing and police bashing when these things are rare enough to be big news.

If the grass is so much greener, have at it I guess.
Not to mention that if the suspect had been a white guy, it probably wouldn't have made national news, unless the white guy was mentally challenged and peeing in public.

Last Edited:
I cannot help what people ask me in my travels. They have access to the same news outlets as any of us, so those fabrics of facts remain facts to many of us.

As for largely populated and diverse, why do we still have injustice related largely to race, seperate from clashes with the law?
The real injustice for blacks is the 1000s who have died in gang shootings partly because police constantly have their hands tied and when the police do knab some thugs they get right back out. Where are the protesters raising awareness of last weekends black on black murders. At least 9 died in Chicago alone.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top