JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gentlemen - Your pics please......

In order for me to give support to a case that we are hoping to present to the Irish Department of Justice in the near future, I am asking the membership here for ANY images that they might be willing for me to share and use in the the finished submission.

In particular, I am after any images of reloaders actually carrying out the process on the range. Of course, faces will not be needed, but I will need your permission to use them. No names will ever be mentioned either, and only the sender or those who know him or her will know who it is/was.

As you have probably figured out by now from my posts over the last few years, reloading is not a possibility for all shooters in the Republic of Ireland, and there are only a very few shooters [about 40] who went to immense trouble and enormous personal financial cost to get individual licenses to carry out reloading because they were representing their country in an international competition that was actually held in the RoI. With every other shooter worldwide using handloads, including the victorious Team Savage, Ireland could not be seen to be pi$$ing in their own hat, and so the entire F-TR team were given very restrictive licenses to enable them to carry out something that we all take for granted here and in the rest of the shooting world.

If you have anything by way of images that you can allow me to use, please email me at tadecfoley[at]aol.com.

Thanks in advance.

tac
President - Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland [www.vcrai.com]

Gentlemen - Your pics please......

In particular, I am after any images of reloaders actually carrying out the process on the range. Of course, faces will not be needed, but I will need your permission to use them. No names will ever be mentioned either, and only the sender or those who know him or her will know who it is/was.

Carrying out on the range? If I understand you correctly, you mean actually reloading (or handloading) on the tailgate of a pick-up truck at the range. Right? Like "working up" the best load for a particular rifle?

If so, then as much as I'd like to help I can't.

I'm a reloader as opposed to a handloader. I reload simply for the economics. (Shoot more for less money.) Having said that, I do all my reloading on my bench at my house. My loads are accurate enough for me. I'll load a few thousand rounds (usually over the winter), the wife packs a picnic lunch and we go out on a nice day and shoot and shoot and shoot.

The handloader guys shoot for the very most accurate, repeatable round out of a given gun. Those are they guys I've seen who actually will handload a few rounds in the field just to see how well they work. If these are the guys you're talking about, then hopefully they'll come through.

Well, I like to carry out my new-bullet reloading right there on the range with my RCBS gear mounted on a clamp-on plate that they make for the purpose. That, in turn, is clamped onto a Black & Decker Workmate folding workbench. Pick-up trucks are rare here. In UK, where we have strictly enforced limitations on velocity and muzzle energy on our shorter ranges, it makes sense to work up a load right there on the spot that is both accurate and useable, same as the BR shooters do.

What I'm hoping to show is just how SAFE the reloading process is - so safe, in fact, that some shooters actually reload right there on the range without mass slaughter taking place.

Those of us who take such a practice as another enjoyable facet of shooting have no idea of what it is like having to live in the Republic of Ireland where only 40 people, under great duress, out of the centre-fire rifle-shooting population are permitted to reload.

A few of us are trying to bring about a change in that.

tac

I would think it better to be in a comfortable closed area for reloading. Not being on a range with weather conditions that change and wind that could throw off the power measures.....:s0159:
Good luck on your quest tac.:)

I would think that the perceived dangers of having people reload is not that they might kill more people than people with factory ammo, but that they might blow up a whole city block. I can think of nothing better than pictures of people reloading at home where their families live.

Thanks. Most ranges hereabouts, like mine, have deep enclosures that give you plenty of room not only to move around behind the firing line, but to carry out stuff like reloading, too. This is what I do. To see our 100m range, have a look at this Youtube clip. It shows our rebuilt firing point just before the official opening back in June 2012.

Here y'are -

Best

tac

I would think that the perceived dangers of having people reload is not that they might kill more people than people with factory ammo, but that they might blow up a whole city block. I can think of nothing better than pictures of people reloading at home where their families live.

I agree totally, but I already have a load of pics of that happening, thanks.

tac

The video does help with the idea of reloading at the range. That is a very nicely constructed range building!!!!
I have only been to 3 ranges in my area (years past I shot at public shooting areas) and none of them were that nice!!!!
Carry on tac:D

Thanks! We did it all ourselves, too, and that involved the archeological excavation of a two-hundred-year-old brickworks where the left hand side footings were going to go. We are very lucky in our little club membership of just over three hundred members. We have an architect who designed the building in accordance with the latest building codes here. We have construction engineers who do groundwork and construction engineers who do steelwork. We have farmers with heavy lifiting gear, and we have an engineer plant supplier who loaned us a brand-new Kubota midi excavator and front-loader to play with. All free. We also got a half-payment grant from Sporting UK to help the inevitable costs - we put up the rest by paying two years subs ahead.

For the part that you have not yet seen - the new 25m ranges with turning targets and practical shotgun shooting facilities are even better, with a club room big enough to hold a party for about sixty people, and firing point where six people and another twenty can shoot or wait to shoot, and our own electricity supply - another one of our members is the CEO of an international Gen-set company based here in yUK. His generosity alone saved us around $25K.

Electricians? We gottem.

Woodworkers and interior builders?

Gottem too.

Sand and gravel supplies?

Yup.

tac, retired fourth generation of a military family.

OK, Gentlemen - I'm all pic'd out, having had literally hundred of pics sent me from here and a number of other US and Canadian fora on which I pester the life out of innocent folks I've never met.

Thank you all.

And now, can I introduce you to my Youtube channel - tac's guns?

If anybody has anything to say on the contents we'd need to start a new thread.

Best to all for 2015!

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews