JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of those news stories that just makes you cringe.

<broken link removed>

Deputies said they suspect Dan Johnson Jr. forced his way into an outbuilding on his father's property and took two safes with 50 to 60 pounds of silver and jewelry inside sometime between Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.

They said Johnson also took savings bonds, tools, jewelry and a large coin collection consisting of collectible nickels, dimes, quarters and pennies worth thousands of dollars.

According to a press release, deputies have recovered much of the stolen property but Johnson allegedly dumped the coin collection into a coin counting machine in Gresham and received about $450.

<broken link removed>

Is this the guy that was in one of those Occupy Portland videos awhile back? Sure looks like him.

wow just wow what will he do next? steal a loaded firearm and sell the ammo for 3 bucks and throw the perfectly good working firearm in the trash? or maybe gargle peanut for an oncore? 1 he is stupid 2 have more respect for your parents

My wife has worked as a bookkeeper for Albertsons for 26 years and kids spending dads coin collection is a lot more common then you might guess. She has many silver coins and even a few Silver certificates that have been cycled through the stores she worked at over the years.

This article brought out one of my pet peeves about the news industry in spades. On one site they had a photo of some coins, buffalo nickels and such. The text of the story said "almost all uncirculated" while the photo showed worn out old coins. The trouble is, the web news uses so many stock photos, and doesn't label them as such, that you never know if the photo actually applies. How many times have we seen the photo of a man's hand holding a semi auto pistol in a story about a revolver/Contender/flintlock?

An uncirculater buffalo is a collection. A worn buffalo is often just a nickel.

Rant off.

Well they are all circulated now. NO WAY could a coin be seperated from its protective package and run through a coin star machine and still be uncirculated. So he stolen a nice fat percentage of the coins value recovered or not.

Hey the old man should have had a better relationship with the kid. He obviously didn't give a bubblegum about the kid or the kid wouldn't steal from him.
Real simple,show the kid you actually care about him,spend a little time with him and you will get great results.
Ignore him and treat him like a POS and he will be the worst kid in history.

Not the kid's fault.Always the parent's fault

I had a collection of vintage (before the big faces off slightly to the left) bills that got stolen. I had about $142 (at face value) or so of older bills, a silver certificate bill, and a mint vintage 1960's $20 bill (not a gold certificate though). I had a lapse of judgement that lasted throughout my entire teen years and I hung out with a guy who was prone to stealing who is very similar to the man in this story (as well as his friends) that I think stole the bills from my room when I was somewhere else in the house, but I've rebuilt the collection since then, but for the vintage $20 and the silver certificate $1 bill. IM gonna dust them off to get a good look at them tonight.

Also somewhere around the house I have a coin collection from my early years, it includes a 1898 indian head penny, a steel penny, a drummer boy quarter, buffalo nickel, one of those old silver dimes before the FDR one, some Eisenhower silver dollars and a couple of other rare coins and foreign currency. Also I bought a 1885 Morgan SIlver dollar a couple years ago specifically for a magic trick (I made it appear that I could pull silver dollars out of thin air) but Im not entirely sure where that is, Its probably around the house if I looked for it, which I probably should, I spent $22 for it and I think its worth over $30 now.

Hey the old man should have had a better relationship with the kid. He obviously didn't give a bubblegum about the kid or the kid wouldn't steal from him.
Real simple,show the kid you actually care about him,spend a little time with him and you will get great results.
Ignore him and treat him like a POS and he will be the worst kid in history.

Not the kid's fault.Always the parent's fault
^Are you bubblegumting me? The guy had them locked away in a safe, I wouldn't blame the victim, short of disowning the kid I don't know what he could of done. Imagine if you had a waste of food for your offspring and he broke into your gun case while you were away at work? The lady across the street from me had 2 kids, one turned out great and became a succesful mechanical engineer with 3 daughers and a wife, the other one was a drug addict loser who lives on foodstamps and welfare. Same parents and upbringing, vastly different siblings.

IF.....If you raise your kid right with a little love and attention.instead of buying him everything he wants and NOT paying any attention to him,not showing him any love,this would never happen.
Your children would never steal from you.

Yes there was different upbringings and results,no two children are the same,YOU as a parent need to change your tactics for each child....just the way it is.
Not necessarily,change them a lot,but you may need to alter your tactics a little for each child.
That is why we have all the problems of today.parents aren't interested in taking the time to properly raise their children,just send them of to school to be raise and disciplined.

So yes,if your child is a POS thief, it's YOUR FAULT
OWN IT AS A PARENT SHOULD

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top