JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks a tough question for anyone to answer without more data.

how big of a well pump, how many amps does it draw.

How big is your house, is everything electric?

Not to be cute, but you need to share a lot more information for the those (not me but others) who know a lot about them here to give you a good recommendation

Well thanks.
I know Kawasaki makes excellent engines.
But, I'm kind of a Honda guy.
They seem to really build great stuff.
One day I will have a Kohler.
Thanks though

The only way to know what size of machine you will need is to figure out the ACUTAL draw you plan on making. Too small of a unit and you will either burn it out early or it will not run what you want. Too big of a unit and you are just wasting fuel.

Here is a chart to get you started, Honda Generators - Wattage estimation guide But you really need to go read the "tags" on what you want to run to see the requirements.

It's not what the pump needs to run, it's what it take to start since it starts under load. My situation is I am on city water but are below grade for sewer and have a sump tank and a pump to pump it up to the sewer line.....now power....well you know.

I have a 3 hp grinder pump and a 7500 watt generator could not start it. I got a Porter Cable generator with the Honda GX engine that is 10k with a 19.5 surge and it starts and runs the pump just fine....along with the rest of the house. So take a look at the surge rating.

It's not what the pump needs to run, it's what it take to start since it starts under load. My situation is I am on city water but are below grade for sewer and have a sump tank and a pump to pump it up to the sewer line.....now power....well you know.

I have a 3 hp grinder pump and a 7500 watt generator could not start it. I got a Porter Cable generator with the Honda GX engine that is 10k with a 19.5 surge and it starts and runs the pump just fine....along with the rest of the house. So take a look at the surge rating.

That's true, although my well has a "starter" with a capacitor that lowers the starting surge power required.

FWIW, I have a 4,000 watt generator that runs my 1/2 hp deep well pump on 220v without any problem.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top