JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buy an OEM Glock….
This!!!

To me it's very simple. An oem glock is designed to be reliable and will run pretty much without fail. You monkey with it and it becomes unreliable.

Just the other day I saw on this forum I guy bought a Glock because he was told they are reliable. Immediately he put a different spring, trigger, and something else and said he hated it because it's not reliable. Well Duh!

Clint Smith put it very well in this TFB video (excerpt) posted by another member in a diff thread:

You could take this as Gospel...

When breaking in a new 9mm pistol and especially a clone, use 124gr full power FMJ ammo.
Winchester NATO ammo would be ideal if you can find it.
Fiocchi seems to be up to snuff and there are others.

Use OEM mags when possible. Glock mags are cheap.
ETS mags are considered by some to be the worst on the planet.

Get the easy stuff out of the way.

You could take this as Gospel...

When breaking in a new 9mm pistol and especially a clone, use 124gr full power FMJ ammo.
Winchester NATO ammo would be ideal if you can find it.
Fiocchi seems to be up to snuff and there are others.

Use OEM mags when possible. Glock mags are cheap.
ETS mags are considered by some to be the worst on the planet.

Get the easy stuff out of the way.
I have a factory glock mag. The barrel is loose. That is the problem at hand. I will look into @RX-79G suggestions when I figure out how to test or measure those.

If you think you have a mismatch between your locking block and barrel lug, try an OEM Glock barrel or known-good barrel.
I have KKM and Agency G19 barrels that you could try.
I don't know whether I have a mismatch of dimensions where the mismatch might be. As shown in photos a couple of posts back the Dagger framed barrel moves forward and rearward about an 1/8th of inch when slide is locked back. My G22 with aftermarket storm lake 9mm conversion barrel barely moves at all, maybe 1/32 of an inch. I would be interested to know how much forward and rearward movement others have when slide is locked back? I appreciate the offer to try other barrels but I should be able to measure my existing components if I know where to measure and what the specs should be. It is really difficult finding these types of specs. I never could find the spec for the extractor gap.

If anybody here has a Dagger pistol and could measure the barrel movement with slide locked back that might be helpful. I am looking for the distance between the barrel pulled forward and pushed back.

I don't know whether I have a mismatch of dimensions where the mismatch might be. As shown in photos a couple of posts back the Dagger framed barrel moves forward and rearward about an 1/8th of inch when slide is locked back. My G22 with aftermarket storm lake 9mm conversion barrel barely moves at all, maybe 1/32 of an inch. I would be interested to know how much forward and rearward movement others have when slide is locked back? I appreciate the offer to try other barrels but I should be able to measure my existing components if I know where to measure and what the specs should be. It is really difficult finding these types of specs. I never could find the spec for the extractor gap.
That's not out of the ordinary with the Browning Tilting Barrel Locking System.
I have a brand-new X-TEN here whose barrel moves about 1/8" back and forth when locked back.
It locks up tight as drum when closed.

That's not out of the ordinary with the Browning Tilting Barrel Locking System.
I have a brand-new X-TEN here whose barrel moves about 1/8" back and forth when locked back.
It locks up tight as drum when closed.
My barrel seems solid when the slide is in battery but rounds begin to feed before that which is a problem if the barrel is too far forward.

FMJ ball ammo ?
This is what happens if the barrel is forward. If I push the barrel back an 1/8th of an inch then the round will feed normally.

20220806_145710.jpg

20220806_145718.jpg

If I point the pistol to the sky so the barrel falls all the way rearward when slide is locked back and then slowly release the slide it will feed the rounds. If the pistol is held horizontal or pointed towards the ground with the barrel all the way forward, the rounds will hit the bottom of the feed ramp and not feed. I am not sure how to test the areas you mentioned. All the lower components appear tight in the frame.
Take your .40 barrel, with the slide off, and see how it engages the 80% lower. Than do the same with the build barrel in the .40 lower.

I unintentionally achieved putting together a single shot pistol. At this point I will have to use the pistol in this manner.

Step 1. Load one round in mag and insert mag in pistol.

Step 2. Lock slide back and make sure barrel is pushed back.

Step 3 Slowly release slide to load round in chamber making sure barrel does not slide forward.

Step 4 Fire round, extract case if it doesn't come out on it's own and move back to Step 1.

Last Edited:
G22 40 barrel doesn't even begin to fit in Dagger lower. Never mind it fits and it may be tighter. The Dagger barrel does not fit in G22 lower.
Yeah, it won't work. I was hoping they were both the same frame size, but different sizes have different locking blocks.

Update:

Since my last post on this thread. I have accumulated the following items which should help me narrow down my problems with the Dagger frame and Alpha Shooting Sports slide assy.

Gen 4 G23 pistol
and a Tactical Kinetics complete G19 slide assy
and a Gen 5 G17 factory barrel (lugs match up with G19 barrels).

First step will be to run the Tactical Kinetics slide assy on the Dagger frame. If that slide assy runs without problems, I can be confident the problem is in the Alpha SS slide assy.

If that doesn't fix the problem, I can assume the problem is likely in the Dagger frame.

If the problem appears to be in slide assy, I can mix and match barrels and other slide parts to see if I can narrow down what part(s) of the slide assy are not working correctly.

One way or another I should have everything I need to find out if problem is in the frame or the slide assy.

Last Edited:
I am going to take another stab at making my Dagger framed pistol operate this weekend. I will try different slide, different barrel, different recoil spring, different mags, different ammo, etc. If I can't find some combination that functions correctly it's going to pistol frame heaven.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top