JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I conceal carry so for me I won't bring it to Bars, federal building or anything with an RCW posted. I carry to movie theaters, Starbucks, IKEA. bubblegum'em

sent from a typewriter not a samsung galaxy s3.

Your first post, you state you are from Chennai... India? Uh, are you just trolling us? Or what?

I agree - that is a very vague question, giving no details as to what state or locality and no information as to whether it's under the guise of a CHL/CPL or just a non-licensed individual. Very odd.

If in WA:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?Cite=9.41

Read the regs for yourself, so you don't just go by what some guy on the internet told you.

Big picture in WA, anywhere that prohibits minors because of alcohol (bars and bar areas of restraunts), schools, and anywhere that has metal detectors/security (courthouses, police lock-ups, psych wards, jails, etc) But read the list yourself.

FYI

RCW 9.41.280
It is unlawful for a person to carry onto, or to possess on, public or private elementary or secondary school premises, school-provided transportation, or areas of facilities while being used exclusively by public or private schools:

Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to:

Any person in possession of a pistol who has been issued a license under RCW 9.41.070, or is exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060, while picking up or dropping off a student

If you have a CPL, you just can't bring it inside the building if you are picking up/dropping off a student. You can also park your car on school grounds and lock up an unloaded pistol in your car- as long as you are not a student there and you are "conducting legitimate business".

That's a good clarification. My "big picture" probably glossed over a few details, but that is why I suggested reading the whole firearm section on your own. I go back and reread it every few months/years, and I am usually surprised by something I had forgotten or missed in the past.

That's a good clarification. My "big picture" probably glossed over a few details, but that is why I suggested reading the whole firearm section on your own. I go back and reread it every few months/years, and I am usually surprised by something I had forgotten or missed in the past.

I was recently educated on this just a couple months ago. One of the students in my Defensive Tactics class pointed it out and I was pretty shocked that WA allowed it.

I'm honestly surprised on gun laws lately...Corrections Officers are now exempt from CPL requirements...Suppressors are legal...SBRs becoming legal...interesting times for WA considering how Liberal this state votes.

A lot of people also confuse "legally prohibited to carry" zones with "please don't carry here" places a.k.a. gun-free zones a.k.a. "we put this sign up to appease our insurance company and to give stupid people a false sense of security". The only place I don't carry that isn't prohibited is doctors appointments where I may be required to drop drawers, and thankfully I don't have too many of those (yet). As for movie theaters, malls, etc., I'll echo the previous sentiment that they can eat a bag of bubblegums. To me, the beauty of a concealed weapon is that it technically "doesn't exist", until it is needed.

Just renewed my license today, Will get the latest carry, no carry info in the mail with my new license in a few days. I also do a once over check each year.
Time waiting in line, Josephine county, oregon, in and out 10 minutes. Total time 20 minutes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top