JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Smurfed it up for you....
upload_2018-5-24_19-52-41.png

You didn't sell it cheap at a Roseburg show did you? I bought one there probably close to 20 years ago. Different malfunction though. I paid $150 because the seller said it had something wrong with it.

It jammed frequently and as I looked closely at it I realized that the spring was too long to allow the slide to fully recoil. I carefully measured and trimmed it, and it's worked perfectly ever since.

I also bought a new Philippine made 1911 a while back, for cheap. Fit and finish looked great until I looked down the bore closely. It looked like the bore throat had been cut with a broken reamer; it was ugly, so bad rounds would hang up going into the chamber. Scary that it got past any QC. I sent it back on their dime and they installed a new barrel, now it shoots great and I'm very happy with it.

Nope, went to a friend.

I see a lot of similar reports, so I wonder about quality control. The one we have had* for about ten years has been shot a ton, both suppressed and not, has had nary a hiccup.

* This little one.

View attachment 463029

It sure sounds like QC problems. While back Wife wanted one of those with the thread. I kept reading all kinds of horror stories of owners who could not get the one they had to work. Then others would say they had one and it was great. The large number of bad was making me leery. She ended up getting the SR22 threaded instead. Even the big names now and then go through a phase were they will let QC slip and this is what happens. Lot of good guns and way too many bad make it out the door. Very expensive for a Co as once a bad rep is started it's hard to over come.

I have a Uberti 1862 Navy right now , bought it used , but unfired... at the moment its in "kit form"....:eek::D
The cylinder hand binds up the works...Not sure it its too tall or something else....
Will check more into it , when school is out....
Andy

Nothing yet, had two Taurus PT-22 one came with a warped barrel :( returned it for a fix.
Nothing I can recall.

First I heard of the Shield doing that, I had heard of the 1.0 Shield 40sw having early production issues just like that.
Is this a gen 1 or 2 ?

I've had bad Remington 700's, 722, and 788. Mostly trigger and extraction issues. Had a bad weatherby vanguard that wouldn't extract. Sent that back to the shop 3 times before they fixed it right. Sold that one, right after I got it back and confirmed it extracted properly. Had a winchester 100 side charging handle fly off. I guess those were a 2 piece unit.

Kel Tek PF-9. Shot about 2' low at 30'. Being uber naive at the time we paid the $70.00 to ship it back. Instead of thinking to have Gun Broker do it for us. o_O They fixed it, we sold it, at quite a loss.

We learned on that little gem that you do NOT make a pocket gun your very first gun!
Live and learn.

Ruger SP-101 where the cylinder didn't always lock up, good thing it didn't fire. Sent it back for a fix, but never trusted it so it went to someone else. Ruger Mark III that wouldn't go back together, bent the dangly part. Sent it back for a fix and immediately sold it off, dumbest takedown design ever. Replaced it with a Buckmark and was much happier. I think I also had a problem with a Springfield 1911, but that was so long ago that I forget the details.

M700 280: Chamber out of spec, wouldn't chamber factory ammo

M700 7mm Mag: Magazine out of soec, wouldn't retain ammo

M700 223: Chamber and extractor out of spec. Chamber polished and extractor replaced

M700 7mm Mag: Chamber out of spec, barrel replaced by factory

870 20 GA: Extractor broke off on 2nd shell to ever get shucked into it

870 12 GA: Stock grip cracked the first time out with it

Kimber TLE II: 2005 model with external extractor. Pretty sure the ghost JMB was mad about it and he possessed the gun. Kimber replaced upper half with internal extractor

Winchester M70: Rear receiver bridge wasn't tapped

Bought a KelTec PF9 . For my wife.:)
I fired it the first time and it pinched the crap out of my trigger finger and "Cratered Primers".:eek:
I sent it back to KelTec and it took 10 weeks,:( but they made it right. o_O
In the mean time I bought a KelTec .22lr adapter kit from Twisted Industries for practice.:cool:
In .22lr my wife loves it and says it's just like shooting her pellet pistol.:)
Slip the 9mm receiver back on and it's a great carry gun.:p

Kel Tek PF-9. Shot about 2' low at 30'. Being uber naive at the time we paid the $70.00 to ship it back. Instead of thinking to have Gun Broker do it for us. o_O They fixed it, we sold it, at quite a loss.

We learned on that little gem that you do NOT make a pocket gun your very first gun!
Live and learn.

Wish I had known Mike, I wouldn't mind having a second one. :(
I still have one of those fancy after market triggers sitting in the safe.:rolleyes:

I bought an FNX-9 more that fours years ago now and it fired fine with the hammer down for the first shot but would not fire in SA mode. I sent it back to the factory and it works fine now The only issue I find is that would not cycle Winchester Ranger 124gr +P hollow points rounds reliably. Sometimes I got lucky it fires all 17 rounds but sometimes not. Because of this I load my magazines my with Speer GD or Federal HST. I like the Federal HST rounds for SD.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top