JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh man, the Siamese Elephant skit is one of the funniest of all time. I crack myself up just thinking about Tim Conway going "snorf!" and thinking about everyone on set just losing it!

Best part starts around 2:15

Ah thanks for that, hurts to laugh this soon after waking up. Lousy quality video, was that Dick Vandyke?? Couldn't tell.

And yes, that was a wonderful era. Now you can't hardly fart in the forest without someone getting offended!

Here's another movie of Wilder's. He fell of the train like five times.

Ah thanks for that, hurts to laugh this soon after waking up. Lousy quality video, was that Dick Vandyke?? Couldn't tell.

And yes, that was a wonderful era. Now you can't hardly fart in the forest without someone getting offended!

Here's another movie of Wilder's. He fell of the train like five times.

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't find a better quality video. But yes, that was Dick Van Dyke on the other end of the couch.

I, for one, will miss Gene. He's with Gilda and they await the resurrection. As an actor/comic I can fully appreciate his style of humor.

I am going to appear in two "The Shadow" plays (local theater). I think of all the people that have gone on before. Occasionally, I find myself in tears when I hear about the passing of a particular colleague in the field. Gene is one of these.

Godspeed, Gene. The world will miss your special talent.

Tim Conway's "snorf" was the kicker! I have watched the clip over and over on You Tube. Tim could always crack up Harvey Korman. The "dentist sketch" caused Harvey Korman to laugh so hard, that he literally "peed his pants" as they performed! (True story). Tim is a consummate professional and a true genius.

Those in the profession us the term "sketch" rather than skit, being the proper term. A "skit" is a short extension/amplification on a joke, or "one-liner". A "sketch" is a professionally crafted 1-10 minute performance, employing writers, directors, choreographers, costumers and makeup artists.

You can't really call what they performed a "skit".

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads