JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So sorry to hear this. :(

I just watched "Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory", again, the other day.

I hadn't heard that:(. I loved his movies.

Probably the deaf and blind one with Richard Prior was one of my favorites - and of course willy wonka!!!!

I like Jonny depp but he didn't do the role justice IMO.

Yeah, I was bummed when I heard that yesterday. Probably my #1 favorite of his was Young Frankenstein, but also Stir Crazy, See no Evil/Hear no Evil, Willy Wonka, the Frisco Kid, Blazing Saddles - some great stuff. Sorry to hear he's gone. Seems like we're gradually losing some greats that just don't seem to be replaced these days with equal talent.

I loved Blazing Saddles. I saw an interview with Mel Brooks a few months ago. He said he would not be able to make a movie like Blazing Saddles in today's PC environment.

I remember when my daughter watched Blazing Saddles for the first time.
Her words were something like : "But daddy you said that we shouldn't say that word."
My reply was : "Just watch the movie and see who the smart guys are."
She then started to understand the humor of satire.
Andy

What a sad loss! Such a great actor and from what I heard, a great person! Some of the best comedies came about because of Gene!!! Needing to watch Blazing Saddles and all the rest again!

I loved Blazing Saddles. I saw an interview with Mel Brooks a few months ago. He said he would not be able to make a movie like Blazing Saddles in today's PC environment.

Same could be said for other great movies by Mel including History of the World, Part 1, Silent Movie and To Be or Not to Be.

And the most under appreciated of his movies,...
High Anxiety.
Korman and Leachman were never better.

I forgot about that one. And damn, Harvey Korman, another great comedian, especially when paired up with Tim Conway - some of the best classic humor - and the best part was when they would crack each other up. Gosh, I miss that kind of comedy - seems hard to find these days.

I remember when my daughter watched Blazing Saddles for the first time.
Her words were something like : "But daddy you said that we shouldn't say that word."
My reply was : "Just watch the movie and see who the smart guys are."
She then started to understand the humor of satire.
Andy
its sad to say that satire is like not a thing anymore with all this PC BS.

hey, atleast they didnt lose the rail cart!

My favorite scene with Gene Wilder in Blazing Saddles was between him and Cleavon Little in the jail cell.
Little : So what do you like to do?
Wlder : I don't know drink , screw , play chess ...
Little : Lets play chess ( as he hands Wilder a bottle )
Too funny!
Andy

I forgot about that one. And damn, Harvey Korman, another great comedian, especially when paired up with Tim Conway - some of the best classic humor - and the best part was when they would crack each other up. Gosh, I miss that kind of comedy - seems hard to find these days.
It's so damned hard to find because it no longer exists.
If I have one more millennial try to tell me how funny Will Ferrel is, I'ma strangle their punkazz.

But the best of Conway and Korman involved the CB skit about the "Siamese Elephants."
I've never laughed so hard before or since.

It's so damned hard to find because it no longer exists.
If I have one more millennial try to tell me how funny Will Ferrel is, I'ma strangle their punkazz.

But the best of Conway and Korman involved the CB skit about the "Siamese Elephants."
I've never laughed so hard before or since.

Oh man, the Siamese Elephant skit is one of the funniest of all time. I crack myself up just thinking about Tim Conway going "snorf!" and thinking about everyone on set just losing it!

Best part starts around 2:15

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top