JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay Glock Fans, a little help please?

I have a Gen2 G19 that functions perfectly with the 2 original Gen2 magazines and also with 6 current style P-Mags, 3 of which are 15 rd. and 3 are 17 rd.

I just picked up a three pack of Glock brand Gen5 15 rd. magazines, none of these will lock the slide to the rear when empty.

Is there an issue with Gen 5 magazines in a Gen 2 pistol?

Thank!

huh, interesting. If you like to tinker pull the followers and compare them, maybe even swap them back and forth and see what happens. If you do not like to tinker, PM me and I will trade you earlier gen 19 mags for your gen 5s (I have a gen 5 gun). I love my 19, thousands of problem free rounds down range, and carry it almost everyday.

Oh, try shooting with the weak hand well away from the slide lock. It is really easy to ride it during firing on a glock, preventing the slide from locking back.

Oh, try shooting with the weak hand well away from the slide lock. It is really easy to ride it during firing on a glock, preventing the slide from locking back.

Happens to me only on my Gen5 G45. I'm a lefty and the ambi slide lick actually frustrates me for this very reason. I know, I gotta work on my thumb placement but I ride a really high combat grip and for some reason my thumb gets on to the slide lock every so often.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top